Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
2:10 for the Lindback flub.

Lindback has been bad lately but I don't even really blame him. He needs a break but our backup goalies are so bad that they're basically unplayable in the ECHL.

nice. they even caught him knocking the net over after centering it for the opposing team.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Couple thoughts from last night:
Is AOB even physically in Milwaukee? He hasn't played in about a month.

Despite the under experienced D corp, was (somewhat) surprising that Carrier went from leading PP#1 last year to being surpassed by both Allard and Lyytinen for PP time, although Carrier's routine blueline blunders probably contributed greatly to that.

Am I the only one that can't stand seeing Zengerle on the ice? Seems as though he makes way more terrible decisions than good decisions.

Lindback's assist to the Reign player rivals that time Maz did the exact same thing last year. What is it with the "new" arena and our goalies making these type of things a routine thing? It seemed like Maz did it 4-5 times last year, and Lindback has done it what, 2 or 3 times?

PC's shift when Murphy scored was unbelievable, he looked like a machine, first with the drive to the net then stickhandling around later on in that shift... if only that PC showed up anytime before that shift, or after that shift for that matter.

Good to see Kelleher taking warmups, although he didn't play.

No Chris, he gets on my nerves too. It took him a good month to fit in on this team. Some fans in Rochester were really upset that the Admirals picked him up. He has not impressed me, despite the fact that he has a lot of experience. He has 3 goals in 30 games, but has 15 assists to go with a -8. Zengerle scored 5 goals in 41 games as a "Freshman" in Madison.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015

Mark McNeill a former Chicago 1st rounder. 6 pts in 18 games this season in the AHL.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Ok, can Ads fans explain this to me? Bitetto to Ads?

We need a defenseman!!! Sixth loss in a row tonight. It was the 4th game out of 6 where the Ads gave up 5 goals. Milwaukee has gone from 2nd to 6th place in the division during the losing streak and have given up 28 goals in that span.

O'Brien (D) has not played in a month. Kelleher was out 15 games with a broken kneecap. He was one of the few offensive bright spots, despite his size. Murphy (D) is injured.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Ok, can Ads fans explain this to me? Bitetto to Ads?

No, as adsfan mentioned, AOB had not played in a month. I think the trade included AOB because he had an NHL contract where as Kelleher didn't. This allowed the Preds to move a contract that they didn't want.

We need a defenseman!!!
O'Brien (D) has not played in a month. Kelleher was out 15 games with a broken kneecap. He was one of the few offensive bright spots, despite his size. Murphy (D) is injured.

Murphy played Friday night in Chicago and took an ill-timed interference penalty (it was terribly obvious too) with ~2:45 left in the game. I believe he was benched on Saturday because of that play.

Ugh, I have tickets to the game on February 10th. Might give them to my neighbor if they keep playing like this.

I can only make it to one game this weekend, but decided on the 10th. Looking forward to seeing some former Admirals coming back again.

Also, is it just me or does it look like the team has quit on Evason? Even with McNeil's addition, I fear the season is lost and rather just get a start on next season, preferably with a new coach.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Prospect Watch Week: 19
Name & League / Games Played / Goals / Assists / Points /

Victor Ejdsell (SHL) / 41 / 16 / 11 / 27 /
Victor Ejdsell (CHL) / 6 / 1 / 2 / 3
Eeli Tolvanen (KHL) / 47 / 17 / 17 / 34 /
Eeli Tolvanen (EHT) / 3 / 2 / 1 / 3 /
Eeli Tolvanen (WJC) / 5 / 1 / 5 / 6 /
Jacob Paquette (OHL) / 45 / 3 / 6 / 9 /
Pavel Koltygin (QMJHL) / 46 / 12 / 23 / 35 /
Grant Mismash (NCAA) / 26 / 6 / 10 / 16 /
Patrick Harper (NCAA) / 20 / 8 / 13 / 21 /
Patrick Harper (WJC) / 7 / 2 / 2 / 4
David Farrance (NCAA) / 19 / 0 / 3 / 3 /
Dante Fabbro (NCAA) / 25 / 8 / 13 / 21 /
Dante Fabbro (WJC) / 7 / 0 / 0 / 0 /
Rem Pitlick (NCAA) / 30 / 9 / 13 / 22 /
Thomas Novak (NCAA) / 26 / 3 / 16 / 19 /
Adam Smith (NCAA) / 32 / 1 / 3 / 4 /
Hardy Häman-Aktell (SuperElit) / 7 / 1 / 1 / 2 /

Name & League / Games Played / GAA / Sv% / Wins

Karel Vejmelka (CZE) / 6 / 1.81 / .937 / 3
Karel Vejmelka (CZE*Loan*) / 4 / 2.50 / .901 / 0
Karel Vejmelka (CZE2) / 9 / 2.21 / .913 / 5
Karel Vejmelka (CHL) / 3 / 2.25 / .939 / 2
Konstantin Volkov (MHL) / 18 / 1.80 / .926 / ?
Konstantin Volkov (VHL) / 2 / 9.77 / .667 / ?
Tomas Vomacka (USHL) / 26 / 3.01 / .897 / 11​

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
No, as adsfan mentioned, AOB had not played in a month. I think the trade included AOB because he had an NHL contract where as Kelleher didn't. This allowed the Preds to move a contract that they didn't want.

Murphy played Friday night in Chicago and took an ill-timed interference penalty (it was terribly obvious too) with ~2:45 left in the game. I believe he was benched on Saturday because of that play.

I can only make it to one game this weekend, but decided on the 10th. Looking forward to seeing some former Admirals coming back again.

Also, is it just me or does it look like the team has quit on Evason? Even with McNeil's addition, I fear the season is lost and rather just get a start on next season, preferably with a new coach.

I'm consistently confused by the way Fenton oozes over Evason and the continued frustration among fans in Milwaukee and the absolute embarassment in the playoffs the last couple of years.

It seems like everything that was going right in the early season...from Lindback's play to offense clicking away...is all turning into pumpkins now.

Reactions: adsfan

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
The Lindback situation is Fenton's fault. He basically has to play every game because O'Connor and Paterson are so bad.

Was MOC a Fenton or Poile signing? If Fenton has been responsible for the AHL backup, this is the second connective year that he's botched it.

Who gets more games over the course of a season, a MOC/Paterson combo or Gunnarsson?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Was MOC a Fenton or Poile signing? If Fenton has been responsible for the AHL backup, this is the second connective year that he's botched it.

Who gets more games over the course of a season, a MOC/Paterson combo or Gunnarsson?

I don't know who signed who, I'm assuming since Fenton is the Admirals GM, he's in control of getting backup goalies and such. Either way, I can't blame Evason for the Lindback situation. Dude obviously needs a break but he still gives the team the best chance to win.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Gunnarsson. I could be wrong, but Paterson has played 5 periods in Milwaukee by my count, and the season is 60% over. O'Connor has played 2 games, losing both with a 3.58 GAA. Paterson has a 2.78 GAA. With a porous defense, that isn't so bad. Lindback has played in 33 games with a GAA of 2.95.

Last season, Gunnarsson played in 16 games with a GAA of 3.29.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I think that the team has quit on Evason. Trevor Smith, the team Captain, looked frustrated for the first time in my memory on Saturday. If you have lost the team Captain, you lost the locker room and the entire team IMHO. I will take Stan Drulia as the Interim Coach.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Milwaukee won tonight 3-2 in a shoot out over Manitoba, the #1 team in the Western Conference of the AHL. Milwaukee is 12 for 16 in Shoot Out goals for an amazing 75%. They won despite of the worst call of the season by Ref Chris Schlenker. He called Yakov Trenin for goaltender interference when defenseman Peter Stoykewych cross checked Trenin across the kidneys just above the crease and forced him into goalie Eric Comrie. All three players tumbled into the net. It was a small crowd tonight but they booed loudly. The booing was louder after the replay. Then came the "Ref you suck" chant for about a minute. The fans took turns yelling insults at #48 for the remainder of regulation time in the third period. Schlenker stayed at the north end of the ice during that 4.5 minutes. It is good to know that he is a chicken as well as incompetent!

I hope that the Admirals forward a copy of the tape to the AHL office and get this ref out of the AHL. He will get somebody killed.

McNeill, the new guy, looked good. He has some speed and threw a few heavy checks.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals Roundtable Chatterbox Vol 250 lists other officiating mistakes in Tuesday's game. I guess that there were so many that I lost track!

RedWillys

Dec 13, 2017
Finland plays 2/14 at 9:10pm CST, going to try to tune in to catch Tolvanen. Haven't had a chance to watch him in anything but replays this far.

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Justin Kirkland has 4 goals this season. 3 have come in the 3rd period tonight.

I mentioned on the Admirals Roundtable that Kirkland had played a more offensive and fore checking game on Tuesday. He was less physical in the sense that he was not checking people all of the time. He is filling in for the injured Cody Bass in that sense. I was not surprised that he scored some goals. I was surprised that he had a natural hat trick in one period! Goal #1 came in Game 40. Two of last night's goals were assisted by Trenin. The third goal was an EN and unassisted. The Ads can use some more firepower!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
We need a defenseman!!! Sixth loss in a row tonight. It was the 4th game out of 6 where the Ads gave up 5 goals. Milwaukee has gone from 2nd to 6th place in the division during the losing streak and have given up 28 goals in that span.

Rick Pinkston (D) was called up from Atlanta of the ECHL to play for the Admirals.

O'Brien traded, Murphy injured, Lyytinen is now also injured. Crickets from the Preds and their 8 defensemen! This weekend is a 3-in-3.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Crickets from the Preds and their 8 defensemen!
Again.....I have said this before in several threads. The Preds can't send a defensemen to Milwaukee. None of them would pass waivers. They can try to send them down, but they would be claimed. Thus what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad