Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
The Admirals came back to win tonight 5-4 in OT.

Lyytinen had a bad giveaway that led to San Antonio's second goal.

Dougherty was a disaster. Slow, unaware, that save that Lindback made in the highlights with 2:20 left in the 2nd was all on Dougherty for not even going after the puck as it came through the zone and then realizing that a San Antonio player was coming, he reacted way late (as usual) and was bullied off the puck and allowed the San Antonio player to get behind the net forcing Granberg to prevent a wraparound which left a San Antonio player open.

Trenin looks faster to me and he and Moy did some good things tonight despite just one assist between them.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I have to agree with AF24. I and many others in the south end were yelling at Dougherty to go after the puck as it glided toward the Milwaukee goal. He looked like a rookie just up from the ECHL on that play! Granberg came over to play the puck and they nearly ran into each other next to and behind the goal. I would not be happy if I was Lindback!

The Ads had a spectacular comeback in this game by scoring with 9 seconds remaining to tie it, then getting the winning goal 75 seconds into OT on a penalty to the Ramage bench for official abuse. They thought that Smith's stick was too high on goal #4, but it was never over his waist.

It was win #3 in a row and a win on a Saturday night in front of nearly 8,000 boisterous fans.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I thought it was for the tangle up right before the goal (which wasn't anything either as the San Antonio player was moving into the established space of Lyytinen.)

NSH615

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2013
I like those Admiral jerseys more than the Preds'. Love the fact they put the alternate logo on BOTH shoulders. It has always bothered me that the Preds have something on one, but not the other.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I like those Admiral jerseys more than the Preds'. Love the fact they put the alternate logo on BOTH shoulders. It has always bothered me that the Preds have something on one, but not the other.

I love the current Admirals jerseys but these should definitely be the alternate. So sleek and they look so good in person. Our current alternates are the baby blues with the old logo on them for some reason and it's just so dumb.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Was that “I like it I love it” as the goal song also?

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
I love the current Admirals jerseys but these should definitely be the alternate. So sleek and they look so good in person. Our current alternates are the baby blues with the old logo on them for some reason and it's just so dumb.

Can we just go with this for the alternate next season? (Nevermind the hastily done poor shading effects... just maintain the same powder blue with the Preds template style)

i-dfJQw4H-L.jpg

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Can we just go with this for the alternate next season? (Nevermind the hastily done poor shading effects... just maintain the same powder blue with the Preds template style)

i-dfJQw4H-L.jpg

This would be about 1000% better than the current alternate but I still don't like that much powder blue in a uniform.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
This would be about 1000% better than the current alternate but I still don't like that much powder blue in a uniform.

The one thing that works well about the Powder Blue is its a "neutral" color, allowing them to wear it against white or dark colored jerseys based on the helmet color that the Admirals wear.

And based on the press release by CCM at the All-Star break, it sounds like we may end up getting a new jersey "template" next season anyways.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
After yesterday's loss, I only have one question.

If PC Labrie is going to play on the PP, why is he setting up between the top of faceoff circles rather than directly in front of the goalie?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
After yesterday's loss, I only have one question.

If PC Labrie is going to play on the PP, why is he setting up between the top of faceoff circles rather than directly in front of the goalie?

Why do the Admirals do lots of things that little kids are told not to do in hockey games? I don't have any answers, just questions!

Reactions: cjerina

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Line brawl and a goalie fight at the end of Milwaukee's game.

Lindback throwing down!

Moose, Admirals game ends with a massive line brawl and a goalie fight - Article - BARDOWN

A Moose player took a heavy shot at Lindback AFTER the horn sounded. He punched at least 2 Admirals then hid behind his team mates like the PUNK that he is. He should be suspended for his conduct at the end and after the game. The Moose goalie came down to the other end of the ice to eat some fist.

From the Admirals Roundtable:

Brendan Lemieux who triggered a brawl and subsequent goalie fight by taking a shot after the final horn sounded tonight.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I'll be honest. It looked like at the end Lindback was going for a kamura lock.

I believe that is a kimura lock. I am not into Judo. I studied Tae Kwon Do and achieved the paisley belt.

Lindy could not get at the punk who shot the puck and the other goalie came down the ice so he needed a lesson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->