Prospect Info: In the System Part VI (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
I got a question for those of you in the know of the norm for the Preds mgmt crew -

Word is that Poile is attending to the Ads game tonight, which has me wondering if this is a standard thingie or possibly tied to trade deadline decision-making? Or both, I guess.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I got a question for those of you in the know of the norm for the Preds mgmt crew -

Word is that Poile is attending to the Ads game tonight, which has me wondering if this is a standard thingie or possibly tied to trade deadline decision-making? Or both, I guess.

Well for one, NHL team in Chicago hotel tonight and Milwaukee is just an hour or two away at most. Makes sense to pop in unless he has something better to do.

Not sure if any relation to trade deadline.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Well for one, NHL team in Chicago hotel tonight and Milwaukee is just an hour or two away at most. Makes sense to pop in unless he has something better to do.

Not sure if any relation to trade deadline.

Gottcha, thanks for the curiosity fix!

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Admirals lost 6-4 to Rockford tonight. Saros started and gave up 3, Mazanec replaced him and did the same. The worst part is I wouldn't pin a single goal Rockford scored on the goalies tonight. The defense was that bad.

If Poile was there, he saw a great game from Fiala. Couple of great hits after the Ads got down 3-0 in the 1st that seemed to spark the team a little bit. Great stick handling, beautiful passes. He should honestly be with the Preds right now.

Kamenev had a decent game.

Alm got hurt. Could barely put any weight on his leg.

The refs were eager to call anything against the Admirals and nothing against Rockford.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Admirals came back from an awful loss on Wednesday and played a damn good game tonight.

Mazanec was spectacular except for the one goal he allowed, although Oligny wasn't helpful on that goal at all. Think of a pylon and that's basically what Oligny was. Mazanec should've stayed in his net but came way out when he didn't need to as Chicago was at a sharp angle and he had help behind him to take away the back door.

Reinhart was fantastic. Hat trick, fast, looked like an NHL player tonight.

One of the worst games I've seen Kamenev play. The only time he wasn't invisible was when he was fumbling the puck or turning it over.

Fiala didn't show up in the score sheet but again had a few nice passes.

Gortz and Sissons both had strong games.

Defense was strong for the most part as well except for Oligny on the goal. Noonan was called back up from Cincinnati as Alm was out as I mentioned in the previous post.

This is the way the Admirals should play. They were flying all over the place on offense today and looked fantastic doing it. Probably had 15 great chances tonight. Was really fun to watch.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Admirals came back from an awful loss on Wednesday and played a damn good game tonight.

Mazanec was spectacular except for the one goal he allowed, although Oligny wasn't helpful on that goal at all. Think of a pylon and that's basically what Oligny was. Mazanec should've stayed in his net but came way out when he didn't need to as Chicago was at a sharp angle and he had help behind him to take away the back door.

Reinhart was fantastic. Hat trick, fast, looked like an NHL player tonight.

One of the worst games I've seen Kamenev play. The only time he wasn't invisible was when he was fumbling the puck or turning it over.

Fiala didn't show up in the score sheet but again had a few nice passes.

Gortz and Sissons both had strong games.

Defense was strong for the most part as well except for Oligny on the goal. Noonan was called back up from Cincinnati as Alm was out as I mentioned in the previous post.

This is the way the Admirals should play. They were flying all over the place on offense today and looked fantastic doing it. Probably had 15 great chances tonight. Was really fun to watch.

I agree with just about everything posted. Milwaukee had a boisterous crowd of nearly 10,000 cheering them on tonight. The Admirals probably should have scored 7 or 8 goals. The Wolves were lucky to only give up four, since the puck was laying in the crease at least 3 times and they hit a post.

Chicago was outplayed and out of the game after the first four minutes. The Wolves came out flying with 3 forecheckers, but could not sustain that. The Admirals pushed up the ice like an 18 man bulldozer. The Ads outshot the Wolves by a 2-1 margin for most of the first period. Milwaukee outplayed the Wolves in each period.

I don't know what was up with Kamenev. He would lose the puck in open ice. The puck got underneath him a few times. He looked bewildered at times. The Fiala-Hodgson-Aberg line was the least effective tonight, but they still had 10 or 12 shots on the Chicago goal. It should have been a massacre.

The special guest midget referee didn't do Milwaukee any favors out there tonight. Because the game was so one sided, it really didn't make a difference.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I agree with just about everything posted. Milwaukee had a boisterous crowd of nearly 10,000 cheering them on tonight. The Admirals probably should have scored 7 or 8 goals. The Wolves were lucky to only give up four, since the puck was laying in the crease at least 3 times and they hit a post.

Chicago was outplayed and out of the game after the first four minutes. The Wolves came out flying with 3 forecheckers, but could not sustain that. The Admirals pushed up the ice like an 18 man bulldozer. The Ads outshot the Wolves by a 2-1 margin for most of the first period. Milwaukee outplayed the Wolves in each period.

I don't know what was up with Kamenev. He would lose the puck in open ice. The puck got underneath him a few times. He looked bewildered at times. The Fiala-Hodgson-Aberg line was the least effective tonight, but they still had 10 or 12 shots on the Chicago goal. It should have been a massacre.

The special guest midget referee didn't do Milwaukee any favors out there tonight. Because the game was so one sided, it really didn't make a difference.

wait wut? was this really a thing?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
wait wut? was this really a thing?

I was sitting in the back of section 204 (SE corner) with a group instead of my usual second row seat. That ref looked like he was about 5'5" or 5'6" at best to me.

Ryan Daisy, nicknamed Lurch by my daughter, was one of the linesman. He has to be 6'5" or more. The contrast was comical. I judged the ref's height by the height of the goal as he skated past it. When really skating hard and leaning forward, ref Ryan Hersey's head was barely above the crossbar.

Since this was a rivalry game, two refs should have been working! Chicago, as usual, took advantage by a lot of high hits and cheap shots behind the play.

The WWE is coming to Milwaukee on March 8. The ads during the game made me think of the ref gimmick.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
They need to get to a point where every game has two (competent) referees. I will say though in the games I've been to this year, overall the officiating has been better when there's only one referee. I don't know if they miss calls because they think the other referee saw it and will call it or they're just that bad but games with one referee just seem smoother and more correctly called than two.

Not saying the referee last night was good but there were two referees in Wednesday's game and they were much worse than last night.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
They need to get to a point where every game has two (competent) referees. I will say though in the games I've been to this year, overall the officiating has been better when there's only one referee. I don't know if they miss calls because they think the other referee saw it and will call it or they're just that bad but games with one referee just seem smoother and more correctly called than two.

Not saying the referee last night was good but there were two referees in Wednesday's game and they were much worse than last night.

The refs this season have been better than last season. But last season's refs were terrible, maybe the worst that I have ever seen over an entire year! I have been going to pro minor league hockey games since 1964.

I wasn't at Wednesday night's game and couldn't listen on the radio, so I have no opinion about how that game was officiated.

I will agree with the part that I bolded. I have seen that myself at some Admirals games this season. The trailing ref makes a call that the guy standing 30 feet away looked at and didn't blow the whistle, whether right or wrong.

I would be happy with one competent ref and one guy that is learning how to ref an AHL game. I believe that all divisional games should have 2 refs just to prevent general mayhem out there. It will be rare to have 2 good refs, because the best ones will move on to the NHL.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
In your guys opinions, will max gortz ever be an nhl'er? Or at least one that makes any kind of impact?

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
FWIW. Watched Gatineau play this weekend (Fri night) and Pred D prospect Alexandre Carrier looked very good. Announcing crew was very complimentary. He looked fast, very smooth and very smart. His only down side is that he is a little small - but smarts often fixes that.

Keep an eye on him. He's the kind of guy that the Preds do good things with.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
FWIW. Watched Gatineau play this weekend (Fri night) and Pred D prospect Alexandre Carrier looked very good. Announcing crew was very complimentary. He looked fast, very smooth and very smart. His only down side is that he is a little small - but smarts often fixes that.

He's, IMO, the Predators top D prospect at this point. Thanks for the report.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth

Thanks for the update. Hope he makes it to NHL, we are usually pretty good at developing players like these. D's take longer time, of course.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Corey Potter...

*slow clap and eye roll*

So what is the depth in Milwaukee now?

LHD: Nakyva, Alm, Noonan, Dialby, Rissling

RHD: Elliott, Aronson, Mullen, Potter. (With Dougherty, Carrier, Irving possibly comming?)

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Corey Potter...

*slow clap and eye roll*

So what is the depth in Milwaukee now?

LHD: Nakyva, Alm, Noonan, Dialby, Rissling

RHD: Elliott, Aronson, Mullen, Potter. (With Dougherty, Carrier, Irving possibly comming?)

Alm and Mullen are hurt. Diaby and Rissling aren't in Milwaukee.

Last game the pairings were

Oligny-Elliott
Nakyva-Murphy
Noonan-Aronson

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
We don't seem to have a thread to discuss the draft, and since I'm too lazy to put any effort into making one, I'll just post this here.

Now that the trade deadline is over and done with and Poile held on to our 1st round pick, who do you think we should pick up?

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
We don't seem to have a thread to discuss the draft, and since I'm too lazy to put any effort into making one, I'll just post this here.

Now that the trade deadline is over and done with and Poile held on to our 1st round pick, who do you think we should pick up?

Too hard to predict yet cause we don't know when we are picking. Obviously, we don't need wingers. We are thin on D so if there's one avail you take it. Wouldn't mind if we got a center, tbh.

But can't give you any names just yet.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com

This is a very top-heavy draft...it seems that all the even-numbered drafts are now, which is why I think trading our first rounder wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world, but we didn't so we'll see what's out there.

My preference would be a safe bet d-man or a riskier, homerun type forward. We have typically gone the other way...safe forwards with later firsts\early seconds and more boom\bust defensemen. It's worked pretty well with D but a bit more "meh" when it comes to forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad