Prospect Info: In the System Part VI (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Aberg just seems to be the guy lost in the shuffle of all of our marginal forward prospects. I wonder if he will be moved at the deadline this year.

It wouldn't surprise me. The decision makers obviously has very little faith in him in comparison to Arvidsson and Fiala.

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom
It wouldn't surprise me. The decision makers obviously has very little faith in him in comparison to Arvidsson and Fiala.

It's odd to me. I like Aberg a lot, followed him when he was in Sweden. I do think Arvidsson and Fiala both have higher offensive ceilings. Aberg is could be a better 3rd line player than we currently have on the wings in terms of production.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
It's odd to me. I like Aberg a lot, followed him when he was in Sweden. I do think Arvidsson and Fiala both have higher offensive ceilings. Aberg is could be a better 3rd line player than we currently have on the wings in terms of production.
That would be fine with me. I know we aren't going anywhere this season so if we were able to sure up our 3rd line with good depth and work on the top 6 with Joey, Neal and Forsberg going forward I wouldn't hate it.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
"Actually, if I’m honest with you, when I came here it was so different – the hockey. So much more North-and-South. You don’t drop here. You just play North all the time. It doesn’t matter if somebody is open or not you chip it out or something. You don’t do that at home. You always want to make a play if it’s North-or-South or East-or-West like it doesn’t matter. I think I did a pretty good job to take to it. I really like the game much more here than at home because you have a lot of more opportunities to score, too. Because everything is faster. (AR: The pace is overhwhelming. Even when you compare it to the Olympic style of the game it’s incredible.) Yeah, I mean also you have to have heads-up because everybody is coming. In Europe we don’t because it’s so big. You have a lot of time there."

I thought this was the most telling quote from fiala in the article linked above. A lot of people worry about the transition from Euro to NA hockey but it seems like he's coming around to it.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Milwaukee defeated the Iowa Wild 2-0 tonight. The Admirals are the first team to win 30 games in the Western Conference this season!

The Ads came into the game with a .663 winning percentage, good enough for third place behind Ontario at .667 and Rockford at .670.

The Wild are in 14th place in the Western Conference, but they always play their best against Milwaukee regardless of records.

14K fans tonight.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Shame that the roads were so awful. Instead of getting 14,000 like announced, they ended up with maybe 8,000.

I know they want to keep the noise low and not add extra staffing to sections they don't need to but I really think the Ads are missing the boat on not opening the 400 level for all games. I'd much rather sit up there than in the 200 level. I'd even pay the same amount they charge in the 200 level to sit up in the 400 level for every game.

Pretty boring game overall though.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Shame that the roads were so awful. Instead of getting 14,000 like announced, they ended up with maybe 8,000.

I know they want to keep the noise low and not add extra staffing to sections they don't need to but I really think the Ads are missing the boat on not opening the 400 level for all games. I'd much rather sit up there than in the 200 level. I'd even pay the same amount they charge in the 200 level to sit up in the 400 level for every game.

Pretty boring game overall though.

I disagree. At least 10K, maybe 12K in attendance tonight. The upper bowl seats 10K by itself and it was more than half full, probably 6K. Downstairs was another 5K or 6K. I looked at section 204, it was nearly 100% full. Typical is half full.

I agree that the roads were awful. Somebody in a 4WD was going 15 mph in front of me. I agree that the game was kind of boring. That was bad in front of a big crowd.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I disagree. At least 10K, maybe 12K in attendance tonight. The upper bowl seats 10K by itself and it was more than half full, probably 6K. Downstairs was another 5K or 6K. I looked at section 204, it was nearly 100% full. Typical is half full.

I agree that the roads were awful. Somebody in a 4WD was going 15 mph in front of me. I agree that the game was kind of boring. That was bad in front of a big crowd.

Wasn't even close to that. Was in 420 and there were maybe 25 people there. The sections across the ice were more full but not enough to make up for how empty it was on the other side. Also disagree about the lower level. Not a single section was full and there was barely anybody on the side where Iowa attacked twice.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Wasn't even close to that. Was in 420 and there were maybe 25 people there. The sections across the ice were more full but not enough to make up for how empty it was on the other side. Also disagree about the lower level. Not a single section was full and there was barely anybody on the side where Iowa attacked twice.

The North end had the least. I am not sure that anybody sat in 431 to 435. Didn't notice 420, but 441 to 403 had a lot of people. There were some behind me in 409 to 413 (South end). Section 206, where I sit, was about half full, about 100 people. A typical game has about 25 people and they are usually Row M and below. The last row in front of the walkway (T?) had 6 people instead of the usual two STHs. There were very few seats empty in 204 and 205. Both of those sections seat more people than 206 does, probably 250 each.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Milwaukee defeated the Iowa Wild 2-0 tonight. The Admirals are the first team to win 30 games in the Western Conference this season!

The Ads came into the game with a .663 winning percentage, good enough for third place behind Ontario at .667 and Rockford at .670.

The Wild are in 14th place in the Western Conference, but they always play their best against Milwaukee regardless of records.

14K fans tonight.

that startles me after reading that their coach got promoted to take over the big club...

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
In the AHL does goal review happen in house at each arena or is there a "war room" for the league like Toronto for the NHL?

I should've paid more attention but it looked like the ref went into the penalty box and got on the phone. I didn't see a tablet at any point when I looked down since I was waiting for a replay to be shown on the scoreboard, which never happened until after the call was changed.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Hey y'all! Blues fan here.

I love to watch AHL games and will be heading up to Milwaukee this Saturday Feb 20 for the Ads game against the Manitoba Moose.

Are there particular prospects you would like feedback on?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Hey y'all! Blues fan here.

I love to watch AHL games and will be heading up to Milwaukee this Saturday Feb 20 for the Ads game against the Manitoba Moose.

Are there particular prospects you would like feedback on?

Fiala of course is our top prospect, we are a bit disappointed he didn't stick when he came up for a while earlier.

If Saros is in goal he's our future in net, and from the looks of Rinne, Saros needs to get better sooner rather than later.

Im also curious about Pontus Aberg. He's been lost in the shuffle of our forward prospects, but he's probably reaching a point at which he either needs to come up and get a shot, or move on to another organization. Im interested to know if he's good enough that someone might give us something in trade for him or take him as part of a deadline deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad