Prospect Info: In the System Part VI (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Aberg with 1 goal less than the AHL goals leader, but with 14 fewer games played. Now just to convert that to the NHL...

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
the QMJHL playoffs have started, and Gatineau (Trenin), Chicoutimi (Allard) and Shawinigan (Girard) all made it in.

Chicoutimi won their first game 4-3, but sadly Shawinigan and Gatineau lost 5-2 and 1-0. They all play their second game of the series today.

Individually, Girard is currently 1+1, Allard 0+4 and Trenin 0+0.

Is it wrong to hope both Shawinigan and Gatineau get swept so the Admirals can get Girdard and Trenin ASAP?

Trenin would like much better taking the PP FOs than Smith, and provides a bigger body in front of the net.

Girard would be a nice upgrade to half of the Admirals defensemen.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Emil Pettersson is one of the best centers in SHL. Very good player. Do you guys still owe his rights?

I was shocked when I saw the stats he put up since going to Växjö. Then again, they're not a team I follow particularly closely (and I haven't followed the SHL as closely as usual this season, to be fair). If his game translates,
and his brother somehow falls to them (he almost assuredly won't), Nashville could well be on their way to become the new Detroit (Swede haven) :laugh:

Last edited:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
If we do, he should join the Ads once finished there. Is he a pure center? Cause God only knows our troubles down the middle he could turn out to be a nice pickup.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I don't know the rules for European players. he was a 2013 pick, so if we haven't signed him, I would think he would not be ours much longer

They're ours for 4 years just like college players so I think he's ours until 1st of July. Not 100% sure, though.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
They're ours for 4 years just like college players so I think he's ours until 1st of July. Not 100% sure, though.

You're close:

Players Drafted from a Club Outside North America.

(i) Notwithstanding any provision of Sections 8.6(a) or (b) to the contrary, if
a Player drafted at age 18 or 19 is drafted from a club outside North
America, his drafting Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation
for his services through and including the fourth June 1 following his
selection in the Entry Draft.
The Club need not make a Bona Fide Offer to
such Player to retain such rights.

Hope we sign him cause I think his team got eliminated from the playoffs yesterday so his season is over.

Last edited:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
You're close:

Hope we sign him cause I think his team got eliminated from the playoffs yesterday so his season is over.

Yes. His Växjö finished #1 in the regular season but lost to the #8 seeded Malmö in the quarterfinals. Statistically, Malmö dominated the series, but Pettersson scored 7 points (4+3) in six games. Two Växjö players scored 4 points, two scored 3 points and then a slew of guys got 2 points. So no one was even close to scoring as much as him (they scored 13 goals in total, so he was involved in 54% of them).

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
so he is presumably 22 years old. I would think if we are going to expend a contract spot on him it would be expected that he could come over and begin playing for Milwaukee next year, right?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
You'd think after almost two years and almost 20 games including the playoffs that the Griffins broadcaster would know how to pronounce Kamenev. Alas, he's still way off.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
QMJHL update:

Girard 1+7 in 4 games. Series tied at 2-2.
Allard 0+6 in 4 games. Chicoutimi sweeps Victoriaville.
Trenin 1+3 in 4 games. Cape Breton leads series 3-1.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
The Ads won 3-2 at Grand Rapids. Kelleher played and had 2 assists.

AdsRoundTable told me via Twitter that a few days of just practicing with the team and learning the system did Kelleher a world of good. Looked much faster last night and more confident, and made two very nice plays to set up Kamenev and Payerl for their goals.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
AdsRoundTable told me via Twitter that a few days of just practicing with the team and learning the system did Kelleher a world of good. Looked much faster last night and more confident, and made two very nice plays to set up Kamenev and Payerl for their goals.

That is good, because he didn't look like an AHL player when I saw him, yet other people were saying how good he was.

I always remember Wayne Van Dorp. He was big, but couldn't play any better than me. He had over 100 NHL games and must have been washed up when he got to Milwaukee. He was awful!

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Aberg had a chance for a hat trick on a PS but Legace waited him out. Dominant performance by the Ads today. Even the first goal was a bit unlucky. Trying to throw it around the boards only to have it hit the middle and bounce right back in front of the goal to a Stars player who put it past Maz on the backhand.

Aberg also had a ridiculous spinning, no look assist on Kirkland's goal. Can't wait for that highlight.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Aberg could have had 3 goals another way. He was slashed on the wrists in the first period and missed the net with his shot. The LOUSY, LOUSY Refs called nothing. They did a lot of that today where Texas was concerned.

Aberg's 31 goals tie him for the lead in the AHL. Florek and Kamenev each had two goals.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
So the Ads' next game is the 8th should we call Aberg up and give him a shot? He can't be that good and not convert it to the NHL level.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
So the Ads' next game is the 8th should we call Aberg up and give him a shot? He can't be that good and not convert it to the NHL level.

What I saw on Twitter yesterday was the other 2 Admirals who got 30 goals were Mueller and Peverley. So it is safe to say it doesn't always translate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad