In The System Part IV (Preds Prospect, Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Dang it, what IS it about the Geoffrion boys?

Sebastien got into a fight in the second game of camp against Tampa Bay and went down quickly. I'm not sure if he played after that. He tweeted a photo of himself taking fighting lessons from Matt Hendricks in a pre-camp session prior to rookie camp. Probably not a role he wants at his size, but like that he's trying to find a niche...

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Juuse Saros has started HPK's both games in Finnish league, 12/14 in the first game with a 1-2 loss and 18/19 in the second game with a 1-2 win.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
What number is Bryan Rodney wearing for the Predators organization? Or will he be playing for the Admirals?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Admirals won their preseason opener tonight 2-1 in a shootout (10 rounds, 1-0 score). Some of the worst shootout attempts I've ever seen on both sides.

Budish is really strong with the puck along the boards. Lots of posts hit, a couple breakaways by the Admirals were saved in the 1st including one about 10 seconds in. Hellberg was really good. Only goal given up was just as a skater was returning from a 5 on 3 and hadn't completely gotten back in the play yet. Sissons was everywhere it seemed like, Salomaki had moments as well.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Saku Mäenalainen (5th round pick, 2013) played his first SM-Liiga(Finnish top division) game tonight. No points but was really solid and drew a couple of penalties.

He played 5 games in Mestis (Finnish second division) earlier this season and scored 5 goals and 1 assist.

Still needs ton of work with his skating and strength but he has very intriguing skill set with great mix of size and skill.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Admirals won their preseason opener tonight 2-1 in a shootout (10 rounds, 1-0 score). Some of the worst shootout attempts I've ever seen on both sides.

Budish is really strong with the puck along the boards. Lots of posts hit, a couple breakaways by the Admirals were saved in the 1st including one about 10 seconds in. Hellberg was really good. Only goal given up was just as a skater was returning from a 5 on 3 and hadn't completely gotten back in the play yet. Sissons was everywhere it seemed like, Salomaki had moments as well.

What number did Rodney wear?

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
OTF has a new writer who will cover the Ads. His first article has a great quote from Watson:

"I want, as well as everyone else here, to play in the NHL but at the same time we’re focused on our trip to Abbotsford," said Watson. "I’d just like to keep playing well and do whatever I can to help our team win. I was fortunate enough to have a good middle end of the year last year and I’d like to continue to build on that."

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2013/10/9/4817450/milwaukee-admirals-season-opener-abbotsford-heat

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Want to see a big season from Budish. I've been following him before I switched allegiances to the Perds (Thrasher days).

Would be nice to have a poor man's Lindros on the team.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
anyone know why that defenseman all the Preds fans were wild about in training camp isn't even playing in the opening Ads game tonight in Abbotsford? Jarvinen?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Hellberg terrific tonight. Saved 28 of 29 and stopped all 4 in the shootout. Sissons tied it with a little less than 6 minutes left, Beck added an assist and a goal in the shootout and Cehlin added another in the shootout for the win.

3 out of 4 points on the West Coast. Take it and run all day.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
didn't know where to ask you guys this...so i thought i'd do it here.

on the hawks board a couple of us were wondering about whether our prospect Teuvo Teravainen could leave his Finnish team while the season was in progress. I know that Forsberg (who obviously played in Sweden not Finland) played for you last year - do you recall whether he left Sweden before the end of his team's season - or did he only come over once his season was over?

Teekko

Mar 5, 2011
Vancouver
didn't know where to ask you guys this...so i thought i'd do it here.

on the hawks board a couple of us were wondering about whether our prospect Teuvo Teravainen could leave his Finnish team while the season was in progress. I know that Forsberg (who obviously played in Sweden not Finland) played for you last year - do you recall whether he left Sweden before the end of his team's season - or did he only come over once his season was over?

Im pretty sure he came after his season had finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad