In The System Part IV (Preds Prospect, Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Smith is going to get stronger and turn it around :)

Forsberg-Wilson-Aberg
Leipsic-Smith-Bourque (speedsters)
Budish-Watson-Beck (700lbs line)
Stalberg-Fisher-Hornqvist
Nystrom

Weber-Josi
Jones-Ekholm
Klein-Bartley
Ellis

Rinne
Hellberg

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Smith is going to get stronger and turn it around :)

Forsberg-Wilson-Aberg
Leipsic-Smith-Bourque (speedsters)
Budish-Watson-Beck (700lbs line)
Stalberg-Fisher-Hornqvist
Nystrom

Weber-Josi
Jones-Ekholm
Klein-Bartley
Ellis

Rinne
Hellberg

If Smith can turn it around I like this team in a few years. I mean really like.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I really hope the Budish-Watson-Beck line pans out.

I think more likely is Salomaki-Watson-Beck, and I'm ok with this. Salomaki was the hardest working guy on the ice in DC, throwing his body around everywhere. It was fun to watch honestly.

Also in regards to Leipsic...not only is he undersized for a center, but he plays like a wing. There will be nothing wrong with having another Paul Kariya in our system *knock on wood.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Scott Ford has re-signed with Milwaukee for next season. Great leader for our younger players. A true pro. Ford will likely remain with the Ads upon retiring.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Didn't see this noted anywhere else, but Zach Stepan has decommitted from Ohio State University for the fall as a result of their head coach being fired. He's now going to play for Minnesota State University- Mankato

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Didn't see this noted anywhere else, but Zach Stepan has decommitted from Ohio State University for the fall as a result of their head coach being fired. He's now going to play for Minnesota State University- Mankato
Even more reason for me to be annoyed with that firing. I still have no explanation for why it made any sense whatsoever.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
The Predators today signed defenseman Bryan Rodney to a two-way deal. He'll replace Mike Moore in Milwaukee. Veteran AHL offensive defenseman. Played in the Carolina system last season IIRC...

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
WJC Gold medal game between USA and Sweden on the NHL network tonight. Good to see Jones and Forsberg in game situations.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
The Predators today signed defenseman Bryan Rodney to a two-way deal. He'll replace Mike Moore in Milwaukee. Veteran AHL offensive defenseman. Played in the Carolina system last season IIRC...

He hasn't been in the Carolina system in a couple of years, it looks like. Most recently played for Manchester, on what was, I believe, an AHL contract.

Does have a handful of games in the NHL with Carolina and Edmonton.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
He hasn't been in the Carolina system in a couple of years, it looks like. Most recently played for Manchester, on what was, I believe, an AHL contract.

Does have a handful of games in the NHL with Carolina and Edmonton.

Interesting. It looks like he has been on an AHL only deal the past year or two. Guess we'll have to wait for the official announcement to see what type of deal he gets this year.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/539

Not a coincidence I believe that with the addition of Housley, the Predators are filling up on two-way offensive defensemen.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Looks like Cinci Cyclones announced a new coach in Ben Simon this past week. Any recon on him?

Veteran two-way center. Original draft pick of Chicago, but never played for them. Notre Dame graduate. Made his NHL debut with Atlanta and played parts of three seasons there before moving onto the Blue Jackets. Finished his career playing in AHL, Germany, and England where he played his final season as a player-coach with the Sheffield Steelers and won the league championship. Has been an assistant coach in the Blackhawks system a Rockford (AHL) the past wo seasons. This is his first head coaching position.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Veteran two-way center. Original draft pick of Chicago, but never played for them. Notre Dame graduate. Made his NHL debut with Atlanta and played parts of three seasons there before moving onto the Blue Jackets. Finished his career playing in AHL, Germany, and England where he played his final season as a player-coach with the Sheffield Steelers and won the league championship. Has been an assistant coach in the Blackhawks system a Rockford (AHL) the past wo seasons. This is his first head coaching position.
Hmf. I thought at first that'd make for two ex-Jackets on Cincy's coaching staff, but I can't find Cassels on the Cycs site anymore. :(

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Hmf. I thought at first that'd make for two ex-Jackets on Cincy's coaching staff, but I can't find Cassels on the Cycs site anymore. :(

He only coached one season. I believe he's now coaching at one of the Chiller rinks in the Columbus area now...

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Ben Simon... that name sounds familiar. Wonder if he came through Milwaukee at some point.

EDIT: OHHHHHH. He was on the '04 Calder Cup winning team. Wasn't there at season's end, though.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I didn't know Stan Drulia was in Milwaukee. I remember when he played for the Atlanta Knights.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
I didn't know Stan Drulia was in Milwaukee. I remember when he played for the Atlanta Knights.

Druila joined Milwaukee as an assistant to Ian Herbers when Kirk Muller left midseason. Druila was a head coach in the ECHL with the Wheeling Nailers when he left to join the Admirals. This will be Druila's third season with Milwaukee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad