OT: IMFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Our imfc players became pretty stale on social media, just making the occasional post for their sponsors

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Filosa came out with some info regarding the past superdraft, apparently the Impact traded both their pics because they didn't have enough info on the players. So what I thought was hyperbole about the cluelessness of the organisation on my part turns out to be true. :laugh:

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Filosa came out with some info regarding the past superdraft, apparently the Impact traded both their pics because they didn't have enough info on the players. So what I thought was hyperbole about the cluelessness of the organisation on my part turns out to be true. :laugh:
If they fired the whole staff, makes sense that didn't have much info on potential draftees Doesn't mean that it's a smart thing to do but yeah.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
If they fired the whole staff, makes sense that didn't have much info on potential draftees Doesn't mean that it's a smart thing to do but yeah.

The coaching staff and therapeutic team was fired, I highly doubt anyone scouted the NCAA in Biello's staff.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
They still drafted Krolicki who's almost a starting XI player

:help:

Maybe they had brief description of players, I remember reading somewhere Krolicki was supposed to go way higher than he did so wouldn't be surprised if they had brief idea of certain players, but never really scouted anyone.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
giphy.gif

Reactions: ArtPeur and Emily

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It does all come down to overall talent level with this team. We've got too many ''meh'' players and guys that were supposed to be making a difference, like Taider and Silva, just aren't good enough right now. It's time to admit talent evaluation has been a major failure all around.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I won't blame him for being honest and realistic. Of course his players might not like that, but we want most of them gone anyway.
It's kind of a culture shock. You don't see that in hockey, or at least not very often. We are used to seeing coaches try everything to get the most out of their lineup despite it being disastrous, which is something Rémi isn't really doing. His approach is bit fatalist.

This is such a dysfunctional organization. You have the coach who has no problem keeping guys he doesn't want out of the pitch, but then the president/owner wants to win right now, and they both blame the players.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
It's kind of a culture shock. You don't see that in hockey, or at least not very often. We are used to seeing coaches try everything to get the most out of their lineup despite it being disastrous, which is something Rémi isn't really doing. His approach is bit fatalist.

This is such a dysfunctional organization. You have the coach who has no problem keeping guys he doesn't want out of the pitch, but then the president/owner wants to win right now, and they both blame the players.

Yup, it's definitely not typical to North American sports/PR.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
It does all come down to overall talent level with this team. We've got too many ''meh'' players and guys that were supposed to be making a difference, like Taider and Silva, just aren't good enough right now. It's time to admit talent evaluation has been a major failure all around.

I don't think there's even a real evaluation structure other than youtube videos and hearsay. Maybe Taider who played in Bologna was known more in depth, but the rest...

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I think Silva can be a solid player, he has the technical ability and the pace to be a good player in MLS. There are two groups of players on this team: Guys who are just not good enough to start which is the majority of the roster and then guys who are good enough, but look awful because of how collectively bad they are. Silva to me is in the latter group, same with Taider.

Saphir wasn't a good fit to replace Dzemaili, he's clearly a #6.5. And Silva has shown flashes in the final third, so to me he clearly is a winger despite being able to fill in at mid, it's not ideal.

Reactions: ShaMu and ArtPeur

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Garde could play to the strengths of the squad, but he does not. He comes from Arsenal (not bashing here, I'm a lifelong gooner) , and a student of Wenger who's principle is that players need to find their own solutions in the final third. If he wants to play that particular brand of possession/attacking football .... then he's right, he does not have the players.

But if the Idea is just to win games , then this team is severely underachieving. A guy like Piatti having some sort of free role is one thing, but the rest of the team needs to be COACHED in their attacking animation. Right now there is too much improvisation and not enough fundamentals... and its very late in the season to be THIS disorganized.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Garde could play to the strengths of the squad, but he does not. He comes from Arsenal (not bashing here, I'm a lifelong gooner) , and a student of Wenger who's principle is that players need to find their own solutions in the final third. If he wants to play that particular brand of possession/attacking football .... then he's right, he does not have the players.

But if the Idea is just to win games , then this team is severely underachieving. A guy like Piatti having some sort of free role is one thing, but the rest of the team needs to be COACHED in their attacking animation. Right now there is too much improvisation and not enough fundamentals... and its very late in the season to be THIS disorganized.

Yep, he doesn't have the team to play that way. It also takes time for a team to find that cohesiveness. And there's where the organization is so dysfunctional. Saputo wants it now and Garde was hired to change culture for the long term. It seems like the public message is not congruent between both men.

Reactions: Emily

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Biello tried to propose the same style too, but failed. Saputo has been saying it's the brand of football they're looking to bring to Montreal, but the DT is the one who's supposed to ensure that's what the squad is built for. Braz is pretty much a puppet, NDS goes around looking for anything foreign agents say is good, and Saputo just fires and hires until he manages to find a coach that will magically make a bunch of miscasts work as a well-oiled machine and when it fails he blames everyone but himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad