Rumor: Ilya Kovalchuk will be signing a 2-3 year deal with NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
I'm 2 yrs ek65 mcd doughty and oel are all ufas. I want alot of money free.

Is that a pool we want to swim in? All of those players will want 7y/8+M. Only OEL will be under 30 by the time the contract kicks in.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
While most already have him traded for all these "assets" in a year or 2, lets not forget that big old fat NMC that's going to be attached to this pending ridiculousness.

I doubt he uproots his life to come back to the NHL without one..

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
While most already have him traded for all these "assets" in a year or 2, lets not forget that big old fat NMC that's going to be attached to this pending ridiculousness.

You play him and trade guys that he helps make superfluous for picks/players. The net is paying cash for more picks and/or players which is great if you have a rich team trying to restock, which we do.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

I think most would do the 2 year deal without a NTC, but even so, if the Rangers are out of it at the end of 2019-20, I would imagine he'd want to be traded. If not, whatevs.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
You play him and trade guys that he helps make superfluous for picks/players. The net is paying cash for more picks and/or players which is great if you have a rich team trying to restock, which we do.

I think most would do the 2 year deal without a NTC, but even so, if the Rangers are out of it at the end of 2019-20, I would imagine he'd want to be traded. If not, whatevs.

Why would he even want to leave Russia to play here at 35 years old anyway?

He’s gotta be more nutty than even you 31.

He’s has boat loads of money.
He probably has all sorts of smoking hot Russian chicks, drinks tons of vodka and hangs out eating goulash and shit.

The guys got the life.

Stay home Kovalchuk!

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

He probably has all sorts of smoking hot Russian chicks, drinks tons of vodka and hangs out eating goulash and ****.

The guys got the life.

Stay home Kovalchuk!
I'm a fraud and have never actually been to NYC, but I believe they have chicks and vodka there, too.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Nah, I am not so sure about that. Think he is the type who cares more about reputation than money. Think he will accept a trade or head back to Russia in no time if we don’t want him. It’s a 35+ y/o contract so don’t know how much it helps — but...

What is the best way to end up on a contender? Sign a 1 year deal with the worst team in the league. You can sign with a Chicago or LA and miss the POs. Go to a team that will rent you at the deadline and you should end up on a contender come the deadline.

Not saying that we would move him next spring, but don’t necessarily think there is a right way to find a contender.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Nah, I am not so sure about that. Think he is the type who cares more about reputation than money. Think he will accept a trade or head back to Russia in no time if we don’t want him. It’s a 35+ y/o contract so don’t know how much it helps — but...

What is the best way to end up on a contender? Sign a 1 year deal with the worst team in the league. You can sign with a Chicago or LA and miss the POs. Go to a team that will rent you at the deadline and you should end up on a contender come the deadline.

Not saying that we would move him next spring, but don’t necessarily think there is a right way to find a contender.

I could be wrong but I just don't see why a 35 year old player would sign himself up to possibly being bounced around the league at this point in his career.

However, A one year deal would work just fine for me.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Another thing to keep in mind..

Kovalchuk hasn't been in the league for 5 years now.

The game has taken a complete 180 in terms of how it's played along with systems deployed.

He's a complete stranger to the new NHL.
Yeah but if he can stand in the left dot and shoot that damn puck he's already a world of improvement over what we have on the PP.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Yeah but if he can stand in the left dot and shoot that damn puck he's already a world of improvement over what we have on the PP.

I think it's the rest of game that might be a concern but whatever will be will be..

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY

He probably has all sorts of smoking hot Russian chicks, drinks tons of vodka and hangs out eating goulash and ****.

The guys got the life.

Stay home Kovalchuk!
So is the **** just a side dish with the goulash? Or like is that separate meal?

And it’s really true his money would mean nothing in NY can’t even get Hudson River water.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
So is the **** just a side dish with the goulash? Or like is that separate meal?

And it’s really true his money would mean nothing in NY can’t even get Hudson River water.

And shit (in addition too) would imply that it's together no? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad