GDT: IIHF WHC: Time to close thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Ekblad was more EckBad than Ekblad. Fumbled the puck so often and slow processing.

Speaking of Dmen, Nurse has been pretty bad as well. Hopefully this impacts his contract a bit.
His second half of the season was pretty bad and this tournament didn't help. Still wondering why he was invited.

First half Nurse would of been great. Second half Nurse was a straight up liability and was the same for Canada this tournament.

Which is also why I would be scared to move Klefbom.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Ekblad was more EckBad than Ekblad. Fumbled the puck so often and slow processing.

Speaking of Dmen, Nurse has been pretty bad as well. Hopefully this impacts his contract a bit.

Ekblad blew a ton of plays but so did a lot of other guys, honestly. The ice seemed like it was complete shit all tournament. Barzal was stickhandling today and the puck was just sticking to the ice; not usually a problem he has.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
His second half of the season was pretty bad and this tournament didn't help. Still wondering why he was invited.

First half Nurse would of been great. Second half Nurse was a straight up liability and was the same for Canada this tournament.

You know, and I'm sure most around here know too, I'm not a big fan of Klefbom. I dont think of him as highly as some around here [ie. a legit 1D] but even I'm willing to admit I'd rather keep Klefbom over Nurse after seeing how the latter crumbled horribly in the last half of season. Like how can you become that bad when you were doing so well early

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Yea, Larsson can get the puck back but OEL is the one who's able to actually move it in the right direction. Oilers still don't have any D like that.
How many games did you watch this WHC? Because one (surprising I guess) fact was that Larsson did the break out alot.

This was something that I wanted to bring up before for discussion. To me this tourmament literally confirms thats Larsson has been instructed to defer break outs in Edm. Because he did it better in NJD and he is doing it way better in the national team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerrol and mjlee

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

exaggerated.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
-Bad goaltending for Canada, possibly the worst in the last 2 decades

-Defence not much better

-No snipers up front, couldn't put the puck in the ocean

-Mac-D can't carry them on his back for the whole tournament

-Eberle was invisible for most of the tournament

-Barzal looked like a guy who you might have passed over at #16

-Nurse looked like he needed a doctor

-When you score a combined 3 goals in 2 games against Finland and Switzerland you don't deserve to win.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
You know, and I'm sure most around here know too, I'm not a big fan of Klefbom. I dont think of him as highly as some around here [ie. a legit 1D] but even I'm willing to admit I'd rather keep Klefbom over Nurse after seeing how the latter crumbled horribly in the last half of season. Like how can you become that bad when you were doing so well early
Honestly this post surprised me. To be fair, when the 'brain-injured-Klefbom' was in full force this winter you weren't arguing against posters saying he was a legit no1, very few said so, most (including me) were saying that this is not the normal Klefbom a that something looked off but that opinion got trashed and ridiculed again and again.

Reactions: Aerrol

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Agenda? I like Nurse. First half of the season Nurse was fantastic. After Christmas his game kind of fell apart and he was not at all good this tournament.

There is no agenda there.
to say Nurse wasn't as good in the 2nd half as his first is reasonable.
to say he was a liability, and "fell apart" is a fallout lie.

that goal you posted wasn't on Nurse in the least.
to post such a foolish example shows there is an agenda.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Nurse the screen! Guy freaking shoots around him and in.

I think that's honestly just a good shot. Goalie was cheating a little bit to the left, too deep for the situation, and got beat.

Would have been nice if Nurse could have deflected the shot. But a decent goalie remotely on his game is probably saving that one. If he was out more with proper position that puck goes right into his glove. It went wide of his glove and didn't even have to go off the post and in.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaGu

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
to say Nurse wasn't as good in the 2nd half as his first is reasonable.
to say he was a liability, and "fell apart" is a fallout lie.

that goal you posted wasn't on Nurse in the least.
to post such a foolish example shows there is an agenda.
You can say agenda all you want like a conspiracy theorist, doesn't mean there is one.

Go look at Nurses advanced stat numbers in the first half and then the second half. Massive difference. He legit fell off a cliff.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Shot went around Nurse, not through him, so Kuemper should have have vision. He was just too deep, again.

But yes, Nurse shouldn't be counted on to play consistent top 4 minutes next year.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond

Nurse the screen! Guy freaking shoots around him and in.

If the roles were reversed and it was McDavid scoring the exact same goal on the Swiss goalie, we'd be talking about what a great play McDavid made, not about how the Swiss dman played it badly or was the main reason the goal went in.

Sometimes the other team just makes a good play. Nurse didn't do anything noteworthy one way or the other on that play. He kept the guy in front of him and forced him to shoot it just past the faceoff dot. From there you should expect your goalie to make the save.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Honestly this post surprised me. To be fair, when the 'brain-injured-Klefbom' was in full force this winter you weren't arguing against posters saying he was a legit no1, very few said so, most (including me) were saying that this is not the normal Klefbom a that something looked off but that opinion got trashed and ridiculed again and again.

Dont get me wrong. I still dont think Klefbom's that good. Hes middle pairing in my books but with how Nurse just dropped so hard, it's extremely concerning for the Oilers defence

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Dont get me wrong. I still dont think Klefbom's that good. Hes middle pairing in my books but with how Nurse just dropped so hard, it's extremely concerning for the Oilers defence
:laugh:
Fair enough. If you'd have put a disclsimer to your posts this winter ...

When things were at its worst I was responding to posts/posters which seemingly wanted him nowhere near even the 3rd pair.
But hey, water under the bridge. Mid-pair Klefbom is ok for me. I think he can do more (he definitely didn't this season though), but we're still far from legit no1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad