GDT: IIHF WHC: Time to close thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
This is always a “meh” tournament for me. We win, great, we lose and I don’t particularly care one way or another. It’s far from best on best. Also Canada does t win Gold a Bronze doesn’t matter one bit. Your just the second best loser.

and that is what separates Europeans from Canadians and Americans

The world Championships mean something to those countries that are trying to win it

For me as a Canadian living in Europe every year this tourney(When Canada does not win it) exposes how arrogant Canadains are

when Canada does not win--that is when Canadians show their true side

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

The world Championships mean something to those countries that are trying to win it

For me as a Canadian living in Europe every year this tourney(When Canada does not win it) exposes how arrogant Canadains are

I was talking about my personal feelings about the tournament, which last time I checked I am allowed to have, or do I need your permission to express an opinion differing from yours first?

For me it’s a tournament of throw together last minute players which I only rarely watch or pay heed to. I am glad Switzerland and Sweden are in the finals, it’s good for hockey. I could care less even when Canada wins it. I hope Switzerland wins. I couldn’t tell you who won last year, or how the tournament even works because I don’t give a shit.

It’s a tournament I am not much interested in, as I said. You need to step off your perch Mr Moral High Ground and stop the sermon.

Reactions: Senor Catface

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I'd say we should give 2.5M to Nilsson too next year, but the Canucks already did that.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
omg, Larsson hit the post with a few seconds left in OT. Almost scored the winner earlier too getting open in front of the net for a pass, but the pass went behind him.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
omg, Larsson hit the post with a few seconds left in OT. Almost scored the winner earlier too getting open in front of the net for a pass, but the pass went behind him.
I really wanted him to score after what he's been through this year.

Reactions: Aerrol

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Adam Larsson puts a bullet off the post with a second left in OT against the Swiss. Would have been a national hero.

Game going to shootout now.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
One day someone is gonna die under the player pile, lol.

Congrats to the Swedes. Glad the Swiss miracle story came up short :thumbu:

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Except Peters won Gold in Russia.

That's great. They will still win most games because of the huge talent advantage they have over every other team. But I think the big ice evens the playing field quite a bit in my opinion. Teams like Latvia are able to clog up the ice more effectively than they could on NHL ice.

Reactions: Night Witch

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

how so?
because Canadians don't care about this tournament?
news falsh.....they don't.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I watched like one full game and parts of a few others and I feel like I'm qualified in saying that those were maybe the worst ice conditions I've seen outside of outdoor hockey games.

Reactions: theslatcher

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

Oh god, not this again.

It's not arrogant to not care much about this b-class tournament.

It's during the Stanley Cup playoffs, the most important time for hockey in North America.

'Their true side"

f*** outta here.

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
Awww, poor Adam is having a tough time talking about his father during the interview, he's obviously very emotional. Man the commentators are fawning all over him, as well as the coaches and so is Lidstrom.

What's interesting is that Grönborg again made a point of talking about his offensive side, as did Larsson, talking about how fun it was to be able to jump up on the play and be more creative. Lidström said he must have had fun going behind the Swiss net and Adam just laughed and said he maybe did go a bit crazy.

Dammit, if you guys could get OEL I'd seriously start watching Edmonton games. They've been so much fun watching this WHC. Imagine OEL getting those outlet passes to MacDavid.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Too bad about Canada. McDavid had some bad luck in that game.

Was hoping the Swiss would win the Gold.

On a positive note....Larsson was very good.
I have never seen him activate as much as he did in this tournament.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Really hoping Larsson brings some of this offense to the Oilers next year!

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I watched like one full game and parts of a few others and I feel like I'm qualified in saying that those were maybe the worst ice conditions I've seen outside of outdoor hockey games.
Guess what the organizers have said? "The losing teams have complained about it." Lmao

Reactions: 21

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Well, Switzerland is a prime example of what I was talking about early in the tournament. This is why I like that there are weaker nations in this tournament. It wasn't long ago the swiss were a joke and now they were insanely close to grabbing the gold and beating some good teams along the way. It's really healthy for hockey. This Swiss performance is sure to be inspiring kids out there either picking up the sport or taking it more seriously.

Wouldn't have been bothered at all if they beat Sweden honestly. But at the same time I'm really happy for Larsson and for him to get a pleasant finish to a tough season for him (physically, mentally and emotionally) and it's always nice to see Sweden win a championship.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
They weren’t playing in hockey arenas. The TSN crew was saying the buildings were retrofitted for this tournament.

Oct 15, 2008

I think I speak for all Canadians when I say, we don't want you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->