OT: II. Tommy G's Steak and Chop House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
The shop I build my guitars out of was hit hard by the flooding last night... Was in the area of worst flooding in Austin...

Still can't drive up... Road has some fallen trees and trailers and such strewn all over. Downed fences everywhere.

The beginning of the walk I saw the water line on the underpass, that waterline is 15-20 ft above the current water level (which is probably still high)... Bad sign...

The last picture screwed up, but that's a cactus about 10ft up in a tree...

This tree is directly across from our driveway...

That's the yard for the building in front of our shop...

Our driveway in the foreground, those trailers are from Vital Farms, they had massive damage.

That Jetta is up on top of that car... A trailer behind those cars is also tipped over, and I think a building collapsed behind it...

One of our fences...

Cars and semis bunched up together...

Those cars used to be lined up in a row... The lot we're on is also a repo yard, so all the repo cars all over the place floated around...

My jointer became unbolted from the base... Only the belt held it together.

The water reached the top of my bandsaw.

That's where my bench used to be...

And that's where it landed... Belt sander/disc sander came unbolted from my bench...

You can see a line on the upper bag on my sawdust collector where the water went to... There were also 2 totem pole type things that were picked up and moved around...

Other side of my bench, that upside down bench is the miter saw.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH

This table's entire MDF top was ripped off, it's sitting outside right now...

The drum builder's drums floated all over the place... His expensive mics and his router table were also underwater...

Outside, the garage door is basically ruined...

That blue dumpster way off in the background used to be about 60-70ft from where the shot was taken... The SUV was moved too...

My stuff is strewn all over outside and inside...

This shot shows the water level on the side of the building, about 5.5ft of water roared through.

My new fret slotting sled, ruined, and a waterlogged mahogany body blank that was going to be used for Crooks' V...

The brand new ash Strat body I got from AllParts, waterlogged... Next to it is a box of nice Forstner bits. All my sandpaper is soaked and muddy too...

Macassar ebony fretboard is likely ruined, the cocobolo board next to it might be ok...

Talk about a fish out of water...

Chickens from the farm roaming freely...

Who knows where this trailer started out...

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I don't have insurance, I just moved in 2 weeks ago and have spent every bit of money I can on just getting up and running. The people who own the property might have insurance, but I really don't know. I'm going to try to get as many of the tools working as I can. The good part about the bulk of my tools is the motors are very easily replaced.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I don't have insurance, I just moved in 2 weeks ago and have spent every bit of money I can on just getting up and running. The people who own the property might have insurance, but I really don't know. I'm going to try to get as many of the tools working as I can. The good part about the bulk of my tools is the motors are very easily replaced.

Ah ***** that sucks.

Motors are easily replaced but ... well, I can't say if they're cheap or not, but from experience, motors ain't cheap.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Ah ***** that sucks.

Motors are easily replaced but ... well, I can't say if they're cheap or not, but from experience, motors ain't cheap.

I don't think I'll need to replace them. I think I can just crack them open, clean them out, oil the bearings, and hook them back up. They all spin freely by hand, no signs of resistance or anything. I don't have power right now to test them, but I'd prefer to clean them all first anyways.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I wanna be an Aggie. :D That's why.

I_serioused.gif

There's still time. Make the smart choice and join me at UT.

EDIT: This was over a year ago, sooo

Brand New Stars

UT/KU fan currently attending A&M and I still think A&M was the right choice. Only didn't go to KU because it's way too expensive.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX

Damn, I just saw the photos. I'm up north of Austin (Near Mopac and 45), so I didn't really have any troubles with the flooding. Hope everything gets squared away.

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
Pearl Jam in Dallas tonight, it has only been a decade since they were last here. Super stoked. Going to OKC tomorrow as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad