Best hits of the playoffs

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Benn with a very legal and very monstrous hit. The overreaction by the Altitude reporter (they've been doing the overreacting since they first moved to Denver) is comedy gold.

Now that Jack Edwards is retired, 1 & 2 on the "biggest obnoxious homer" list is the Avs TV play-by-play guy and the Avs radio play-by-play guy. Both are brutal.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Benn with a very legal and very monstrous hit. The overreaction by the Altitude reporter (they've been doing the overreacting since they first moved to Denver) is comedy gold.

Altitude Sports hires some of the dumbest, most homer personalities in all of sports. Their broadcast team is a complete embarrassment to the game and anyone who takes anything they say seriously is brain dead.

Katie Gaus is dumb as f***.

Notice the difference from the Marchement on Whitecloud hit behind the net? What about McNabb on Stankoven and then Benn or McNabb? Notice how there is no tears anywhere? Maybe because Vegas and Dallas fans/broadcasters have a brain. Colorado fans and broadcasters should learn a lesson.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Toews hurt himself by falling head first into Johnston after he got hit not by the hit ittself . The refs f***ing reviewed the hit and decided it was not even a penalty. On one of the angles it looks like a hit to the head ( on all others it doesn't ) but it was clean shoulder to shoulder . If Toews didn't fall into Johnston i doubt he'd be hurt at all.

Reactions: Amorgus

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
The refs will be sure that doesn't happen again
The refs will be sure to suck all of the fun out of the game and give out powerplays like candy I'm sure. Pretty lame of the NHL to come out and say they'll be scrutinizing this series instead of just letting them play

Reactions: Kimota

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Now that Jack Edwards is retired, 1 & 2 on the "biggest obnoxious homer" list is the Avs TV play-by-play guy and the Avs radio play-by-play guy. Both are brutal.
They are the worst. There was a site during that era called divealanche.com and they absolutely NAILED the Altitude Homerism.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
You mean posters who post a link leading nowhere?

Nope, that's not a counter example. Broken links happen. No context posts are worse.

For example, the fact I included context meant it was easy for you to find a video of the hit I was describing in my post, despite the fact that my link didn't work.

Context for the win!

:thumbu:

Last edited:

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Bennett on Marchand, took him out of the game and didn't even get a penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad