"if you could" Swap Weiss for another #2C

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I like Pavelski, but I'd take Backes over him without hesitating. I always saw him as the Blues' #1 center, though. Not sure how well he fits this swap idea.

Right now, though, I think any answer that involves a healthy and productive center would be a positive move.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
This right here was no need for either of the moves!!!

I don't get this.

Filppula played 7 full seasons for the Wings. He averaged less than .5 pp/g in 6/7 seasons. Even if you take out his first 2 full seasons as a Red Wing, he averaged less than 40 points in 4/5 seasons with the Wings. He's now nearly 30 years old. Its not like we lost him before he broke out.

It'd be like people wanting Quincey back if he suddenly returned to his LA/Colorado form once he went to another team.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
He looked really bad when he was healthy, though. Unless we're assuming that he came to training camp with a groin injury that has bothered him all year, which I don't think is the case.

He's overdue to turn his game around, but so is Quincey. Not holding my breath on that one either.

I do not know about Quincey, I assume he is what he is and I do not think he is going to get better under Babcock.
Weiss on the other hand can't be any worse. He has to be better.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
As a Sens fan, I'm shocked that there has been no mention of Turris in this thread. He is producing at a great pace, and makes significantly less than Weiss, and has been very durable for us too.

Unless you are considering Turris to be our 1C over Spezza, which, just looking at the numbers, I can see, though Spezza is often the one that draws top D pairings and shutdown lines, and has had far inferior linemates to Turris.

Johnz96*

As a Sens fan, I'm shocked that there has been no mention of Turris in this thread. He is producing at a great pace, and makes significantly less than Weiss, and has been very durable for us too.

Unless you are considering Turris to be our 1C over Spezza, which, just looking at the numbers, I can see, though Spezza is often the one that draws top D pairings and shutdown lines, and has had far inferior linemates to Turris.

He's good and I would love to do that swap if you're interested but he ain't no Backes.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

your kid isn't that well known.. yet.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I know Filppula makes 100,000 more than Weiss, but I really do miss Fil. We shoud have just gave him the 5 mil he wanted. He'd be thriving this year considering all the injuries.

Stepan/Grabovski would be nice.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I know Filppula makes 100,000 more than Weiss, but I really do miss Fil. We shoud have just gave him the 5 mil he wanted. He'd be thriving this year considering all the injuries.

By most accounts he also just wanted a change of scenery. Which we could not give him.

Johnz96*

Apparently we did. He wanted out. He felt he could contribute so much more elsewhere.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

I counted him as a 1C because he gets a bit more IT.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
. Its not like we lost him before he broke out.

He did break out before we lost him. Unless we want to act line 11-12 never happened. But if 11-12 never happened Tampa wouldn't have given him 5 million dollars.

It'd be like people wanting Quincey back if he suddenly returned to his LA/Colorado form once he went to another team.

Terrible comparison.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
He's good and I would love to do that swap if you're interested but he ain't no Backes.

LOL No thanks, I think we'll keep him. And Backes is a good player, but I wouldn't swap Turris for him. Plus, Turris has one of the best contracts in the league.

your kid isn't that well known.. yet.

I wish that would stay the case, but unfortunately the Turris-MacArthur-Ryan line is drawing top checkers more and more often. But thats ok, frees up more space/easier competition for Spezza.

I counted him as a 1C because he gets a bit more IT.

Fair enough.

Johnz96*

LOL No thanks, I think we'll keep him. And Backes is a good player, but I wouldn't swap Turris for him. Plus, Turris has one of the best contracts in the league.

I wish that would stay the case, but unfortunately the Turris-MacArthur-Ryan line is drawing top checkers more and more often. But thats ok, frees up more space/easier competition for Spezza.

Fair enough.

You sure? :naughty:

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
I don't get this.

Filppula played 7 full seasons for the Wings. He averaged less than .5 pp/g in 6/7 seasons. Even if you take out his first 2 full seasons as a Red Wing, he averaged less than 40 points in 4/5 seasons with the Wings. He's now nearly 30 years old. Its not like we lost him before he broke out.

What is not to get? We have a 2c that has not played, saying that what he done when was on the ice was playing is a lie. I would rather have Fill playing than Weiss not playing. That is what to git out of it. And to compare Fill to KQ is a insult to Fill!!!

Johnz96*

I don't get this.

But he was capable of so much more. In knew it, he knew it. That's why he left.
Nyquist and Tatar are also capable of so much more.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Quite positive, yes. He has really turned into a great 2-way player, and his chemistry with MacArthur and Ryan is excellent.

I wanted Turris before he was traded, still wish we had done that. Would have been hard to outbid the Sens, it was a steep price(at the time, looks great now tho doesn't it?). I'd have to put him near the top of my list. Backes would always be welcome on my team, too. We desperately need a player like that.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Malkin, Pavelski, Kesler, Stepan, Bergy off the top of my head

EDIT: sorry, didn't see the cap hit note. I would take Bergy, Pavelski and Stepan all over Weiss. Kesler is a shade over Weiss but I would take him also.

Kesler a shade over Weiss? Weiss isn't even remotely close to the all around player Kesler is.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
What is not to get? We have a 2c that has not played, saying that what he done when was on the ice was playing is a lie. I would rather have Fill playing than Weiss not playing. That is what to git out of it. And to compare Fill to KQ is a insult to Fill!!!

The point is, in this fantasy thread, you have every 2C to choose from and you pick Filppula? Ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad