"If WWE wants him [Kenny Omega], they will get him" - Dave Meltzer

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
“I have come so far to almost having a complete career [in NJPW], do I end that now to pursue something else somewhere else?” Omega asked. “Now people are talking about me and now WWE is more receiving of using me in a way that I can contribute. I don’t want to just take a payday and collect a check. While I’m still healthy, while I still have ideas in this crazy head of mine, I want to contribute and I want to do things that are going to make wrestling fans happy and are going to make new people into wrestling fans that were wrestling fans before, I want to contribute in that manner. If a company like WWE were willing to use me in that manner, if they had good ideas for me and I had good ideas that jived with that, I would heavily consider that.”

GIVE HIM A BLANK CHEQUE AND SOME CREATIVE FREEDOM ALREADY GOD DAMMIT WWE

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
“I have come so far to almost having a complete career [in NJPW], do I end that now to pursue something else somewhere else?†Omega asked. “Now people are talking about me and now WWE is more receiving of using me in a way that I can contribute. I don’t want to just take a payday and collect a check. While I’m still healthy, while I still have ideas in this crazy head of mine, I want to contribute and I want to do things that are going to make wrestling fans happy and are going to make new people into wrestling fans that were wrestling fans before, I want to contribute in that manner. If a company like WWE were willing to use me in that manner, if they had good ideas for me and I had good ideas that jived with that, I would heavily consider that.â€

GIVE HIM A BLANK CHEQUE AND SOME CREATIVE FREEDOM ALREADY GOD DAMMIT WWE
If they did, he would be the biggest star in the company in a matter of months.

I'm just a little nervous they'll rename him something stupid and give him zero direction.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If they did, he would be the biggest star in the company in a matter of months.

I'm just a little nervous they'll rename him something stupid and give him zero direction.

AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Shinsuke Nakamura, Eric Young, Bobby Roode, Karl Anderson have got to keep their names. Kenny Omega has so much steam behind him in the wrestling world that they won't be changing his name. No chance his name is getting changed.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Starting to get tired of KO. Guy seems to have a pretty big head for someone who hasn't really accomplished that much yet. Sure its great that Da Meltz gave your match 6 stars, but wrestling is about putting butts in seats and bread on the table. He was a comedy wrestler and JR wrestler until Balor and Styles decided to go to WWE and NJPW needed a new Gajin to lead the BC.

He has never held a big belt or had to feel the pressure of an entire org on your shoulders expecting to be the big draw. He had his great match against Okada probably one of the greates Japanese wrestlers of this generation.

At least AJ held the TNA title and the IWGP title. And AJ was pretty humble about it all he didn't go around trying to talk about how he doesn't just want a pay check and wants to change wrestling.

Take the money Omega and prove that you aren't all talk. You bash the WWE and its belt and try to act like being a star in WWE is nothing, well come over and prove you are better than everyone else. It takes more to be a mega star in NA then putting on a 6 star match. Hogan/Rock/Austin didn't need to talk about their great matches and how great of wrestlers they were. They could draw crowds in whether it was a 1 star match or a 5 star match.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Starting to get tired of KO. Guy seems to have a pretty big head for someone who hasn't really accomplished that much yet. Sure its great that Da Meltz gave your match 6 stars, but wrestling is about putting butts in seats and bread on the table. He was a comedy wrestler and JR wrestler until Balor and Styles decided to go to WWE and NJPW needed a new Gajin to lead the BC.

He has never held a big belt or had to feel the pressure of an entire org on your shoulders expecting to be the big draw. He had his great match against Okada probably one of the greates Japanese wrestlers of this generation.

At least AJ held the TNA title and the IWGP title. And AJ was pretty humble about it all he didn't go around trying to talk about how he doesn't just want a pay check and wants to change wrestling.

Take the money Omega and prove that you aren't all talk. You bash the WWE and its belt and try to act like being a star in WWE is nothing, well come over and prove you are better than everyone else. It takes more to be a mega star in NA then putting on a 6 star match. Hogan/Rock/Austin didn't need to talk about their great matches and how great of wrestlers they were. They could draw crowds in whether it was a 1 star match or a 5 star match.

much love

-HH

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Omega knows what he's worth and shouldn't take less than his worth to work more dates. The fact that WWE gives him quite a bit of attention now shows WWE knows his value as well.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

This is a mark-like response. lol

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
This is a mark-like response. lol

How so?

If anything KO is coming off like the biggest mark their is. Talking about how great he is and his great matches etc... Wrestling isn't built on 6 star matches its built on emotion and connecting with the fans, and getting them to pay money to watch two men pretend to beat themselves up.

Omega thinks he is hot stuff because AJ left an opening for him to be the big Gajin star. NJPW didn't even have enough confidence in him to put the belt on him, they would rather keep it on the Okada which is like putting the belt on Cena over Daniel Bryan.

What big belts has Omega held? How many main events outside of against Okada has he been in? How many big time storylines? AJ Styles was the franchise in TNA and carried that sad sack organization on his back. He went to Japan and took their biggest title and ran with it. Yet he remained humble not talking about what WWE has to do to get him. He understood that he can take the fact that he was such a hot commodity and use his god given talents to become the "face that runs the place". He put his money where his mouth is and proved all the naysayers wrong and showed that being the best does rise to the top.

But lets be honest, Omega is working us all. He probably has a contract with NJPW and will be back. Just expect him to be down for the 1-2-3 next Tokyo dome show as his shoulders are pinned to the mat. I just don't think NJPW sees Omega as the same type of star that he thinks he is. Def not on AJ's level.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
How so?

If anything KO is coming off like the biggest mark their is. Talking about how great he is and his great matches etc... Wrestling isn't built on 6 star matches its built on emotion and connecting with the fans, and getting them to pay money to watch two men pretend to beat themselves up.

Omega thinks he is hot stuff because AJ left an opening for him to be the big Gajin star. NJPW didn't even have enough confidence in him to put the belt on him, they would rather keep it on the Okada which is like putting the belt on Cena over Daniel Bryan.

What big belts has Omega held? How many main events outside of against Okada has he been in? How many big time storylines? AJ Styles was the franchise in TNA and carried that sad sack organization on his back. He went to Japan and took their biggest title and ran with it. Yet he remained humble not talking about what WWE has to do to get him. He understood that he can take the fact that he was such a hot commodity and use his god given talents to become the "face that runs the place". He put his money where his mouth is and proved all the naysayers wrong and showed that being the best does rise to the top.

But lets be honest, Omega is working us all. He probably has a contract with NJPW and will be back. Just expect him to be down for the 1-2-3 next Tokyo dome show as his shoulders are pinned to the mat. I just don't think NJPW sees Omega as the same type of star that he thinks he is. Def not on AJ's level.

Yeah...this is a mark response. Omega plays the game like that to make money because that's the business he's in. It's not remotely like Cena-Bryan because the politics of NJPW are much different than the politics of WWE. You don't need titles to be the hottest thing going for your company and if what Omega is saying is true regarding his contract, it would make sense not to put the title on him if he's able to leave, wouldn't it? That would be like putting the title on Punk over Cena when Punk didn't re-sign. NJPW has basically played this long angle with Omega after Styles and Nakamura left. Before that, he was midcard. That's fine. Not everyone gets the opportunity immediately and sometimes people take advantage of it well when it's given. It's just a matter of luck sometimes. You worrying about his lack of being humble and telling him to prove himself is probably the most mark thing in your response. Nobody cares about that kind of nonsense on a message board. If NJPW didn't see Omega as something that's at the very least highly important to them, they wouldn't have let him win G1. That was historic and something AJ never did.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Yeah...this is a mark response. Omega plays the game like that to make money because that's the business he's in. It's not remotely like Cena-Bryan because the politics of NJPW are much different than the politics of WWE. You don't need titles to be the hottest thing going for your company and if what Omega is saying is true regarding his contract, it would make sense not to put the title on him if he's able to leave, wouldn't it? That would be like putting the title on Punk over Cena when Punk didn't re-sign. NJPW has basically played this long angle with Omega after Styles and Nakamura left. Before that, he was midcard. That's fine. Not everyone gets the opportunity immediately and sometimes people take advantage of it well when it's given. It's just a matter of luck sometimes. You worrying about his lack of being humble and telling him to prove himself is probably the most mark thing in your response. Nobody cares about that kind of nonsense on a message board. If NJPW didn't see Omega as something that's at the very least highly important to them, they wouldn't have let him win G1. That was historic and something AJ never did.

Well I am going on this that its a work. I don't think Omega is coming to WWE he is just playing to his audience. He just is coming off to me as a guy with a really big head because WWE has put out feelers to him. Acting like he is to good for the company or has to have some sort of freedom in the company. I am sure thats what people want to hear but to me Omega hasn't proven anything yet. He has never been a star of a company except for his last year push and he didn't even get the title.

Talk about different politics or this and that in the end imagine if WWE didn't put the title on Austin or Bryan. A hot act that is getting a big push and hold off on crowning them at the biggest show. To me it doesn't make sense if the company really is behind Omega. Okada has 4 title reigns already did he really need to win in the dome? And what company puts all this time into a wrestler and pushes them to the ME of their biggest show not even sure he will be wrestling with them the following month?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Well I am going on this that its a work. I don't think Omega is coming to WWE he is just playing to his audience. He just is coming off to me as a guy with a really big head because WWE has put out feelers to him. Acting like he is to good for the company or has to have some sort of freedom in the company. I am sure thats what people want to hear but to me Omega hasn't proven anything yet. He has never been a star of a company except for his last year push and he didn't even get the title.

Talk about different politics or this and that in the end imagine if WWE didn't put the title on Austin or Bryan. A hot act that is getting a big push and hold off on crowning them at the biggest show. To me it doesn't make sense if the company really is behind Omega. Okada has 4 title reigns already did he really need to win in the dome? And what company puts all this time into a wrestler and pushes them to the ME of their biggest show not even sure he will be wrestling with them the following month?

...going on this as a work...gets upset that a heel projects a massive ego...

Yeah, this checks out as being mark-ish.

But to answer your question, it is not new for a hot act to be fed to the top guy in the company especially given the kind of contract situation Omega is supposedly in. You wonder why they put time into a wrestler and push them to the main event yet seemingly ignore that WWE did the same thing with CM Punk before he actually re-signed. If Punk hadn't re-signed, he would've done the favors for Cena and walked away.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Biggest mark on here since ASF :laugh:

Come to WWE and prove it. Something hasn't justified this one in a while...

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Lets wait and see. What happens if KO comes to WWE? Who is the mark then?

Everyone buying into his "I am better than WWE and I don't need them and want to help the poor unfortunate wrestling organizations around the world fight the big bad evil WWE".

Lots of crow to go around if Omega takes the big bucks from WWE.

Good for KO to have a nice 1 year run. Still has not proven anything YET. When he holds the big belt (anywhere) then we can talk about being the best.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Good for KO to have a nice 1 year run. Still has not proven anything YET. When he holds the big belt (anywhere) then we can talk about being the best.

You do know winning belts isn't a real thing right...

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Lets wait and see. What happens if KO comes to WWE? Who is the mark then?

Everyone buying into his "I am better than WWE and I don't need them and want to help the poor unfortunate wrestling organizations around the world fight the big bad evil WWE".

Lots of crow to go around if Omega takes the big bucks from WWE.

If Omega comes to the WWE, you're still the mark because you're getting upset at a heel being a heel while going at it as if it's a work. That doesn't change just because circumstances may occur where he actually is a free agent and signs with the WWE. Nobody is buying into the mentality that you're laying out because they're not acting like marks here. People don't really care other than wanting to see him in the WWE. It's his choice and he'll do whatever the hell he wants and that's fine.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Loved his interview with Alvarez and Meltzer. Came across as a humble person who is looking to advance the art form. Big fan of wrestlers with that mentality.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He's such a masterful worker that even though you know it's a work you're holding out hope for that 1% that it's not a work and he's legitimately going to jump ship.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Loved his interview with Alvarez and Meltzer. Came across as a humble person who is looking to advance the art form. Big fan of wrestlers with that mentality.
Yeah, was a good interview. Said nothing about where he's going, but never expected it him to.

What I do wonder is what he and Meltzer talked about after the show.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah, was a good interview. Said nothing about where he's going, but never expected it him to.

What I do wonder is what he and Meltzer talked about after the show.

"Pssst, hey, Dave. Here's a scoop. I'm appearing at Elimination Chamber, laying out AJ Styles, bringing The Club from Raw with me and it's gonna be Omega vs. Styles at Wrestlemania."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad