If the kings traded for a forward at the deadline

triplcrown

Jul 23, 2006
SF Valley, SoCal
We've got draft picks galore, and the likes of Jordan Weal, Nicolas Deslauries, Andy Andreoff and Nick Shore available.

We need to add Patrick Kane, The Sedins and Evgeny Malkin
before the deadline.

Do it Deano.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Steen and Marleau are the UFA's this coming off season that nobody seems to be talking about.

I'm not a huge fan of either, but Steen in particular does seem like the type DL likes. He's good defensively, plays a solid 2 way game. Marleau will probably retire as a Shark, but who knows.

KingKopitar11*

Steens too expensive. He's just playing a great contract year. He's gonna be a rip off.

gtwyc

FlyingHeadButts4All
Jun 5, 2011
los angeles, ca
I'd love to see bobby Ina kings sweater... Let's see if we can lure him away from the big spenders in the east... As for an addition this year I'd rather stick with what we have u can go thru almost any team and find a guy in the top 6 who doesn't belong in a top six role. See handzus in Chicago. I'm not too worried about having a guy like Clifford in the top six as long as he can chip in with an odd goal here or there. And we actually have a third line that is a legit threat to score. Also D brown and J Williams don't belong on the third line so it evens out IMO.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Steen and Marleau are the UFA's this coming off season that nobody seems to be talking about.

I'm not a huge fan of either, but Steen in particular does seem like the type DL likes. He's good defensively, plays a solid 2 way game. Marleau will probably retire as a Shark, but who knows.

Steen is going to score 50 this year, he's going to get PAID

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Steen's career high in goals is 24, and he's already at 22 this year. Career high in points is 51. He's on pace to get more points this season than in almost any 2 of his previous seasons combined.

This is unrestricted free agency in the NHL. It's pretty much the reason there have been 3 lockouts. The cap is going up this summer. With the way their seasons have gone, I figure Steen ends up on the Flyers or Rangers as their highest paid player.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Would love to see Ryan as well. He was one of the few Ducks I never disliked.

That's why he was probably traded. He didnt fit the Ducks' culture.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
The Blues are not going to trade Steen to us without MASSIVE overpayment.

Bobby Ryan... would be interesting for sure. I wonder what the Sens would want though

Dropdapuck

Jul 21, 2010
For those of you who follow the Monarchs, what are the chances that Nick D could be ready to join Richards and Toffoli by the playoffs?

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
Bobby Ryan... would be interesting for sure. I wonder what the Sens would want though

They gave away Jakob Silfverberg, Stefan Noesen and a 1st round selection in 2014. So the price will be something like Toffoli, Pearson and a 1st round selection in 2014.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Monarchs are a factory for the Kings. I am hesitant to trade any of our good, well functioning spare parts that come at a very reasonable price for any rental.

Tijuana Trotz

Aug 17, 2010
The Blues are not going to trade Steen to us without MASSIVE overpayment.

Starts with voynov I would think, and neither fan base would like it.

Ron*

These threads always crack me up.

What timing!

The Kings are currently in third in the entire league and are the hottest team in the league, and some people here want to upset the apple cart?

Please.

KingKopitar11*

These threads always crack me up.

What timing!

The Kings are currently in third in the entire league and are the hottest team in the league, and some people here want to upset the apple cart?

Please.

I don't think any one is really talking about it because we're doing bad. I just agree with others that Richards and Toffoli need a better left winger :p

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Like I was saying... the Kings need to somehow match up with the Hawks tit-for-tat offensively, especially when they meet again in a 7-game series.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
One game on the road back to back against a team like the Hawks doesn't mean we are in any trouble or that our kids won't be able to step up if needed either. I am not saying we can't improve but I think the cost has to fit before I would consider it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad