Friedman: "If I'm the Edmonton Oilers, I'm calling the Montreal Canadiens and asking for Max Pacioretty"

Malmo

Apr 6, 2008
Something around Puljujarvi for Patches could be interesting. Montreal needs to get younger. They're not going to win anything soon.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Why would anybody including the Oilers want Weber? Signed for $7.8 million through 2024-2025 and he isn't the Nashville Shea Weber anymore.
And that's why he has 1 goal and 1 point in 8 games? You can believe he's worth RNH+ all you want... but that doesn't make it true. At the end of the day, it's still an issue of an underperforming winger and you're trying to trade him for a young #2 center.
Ok forget it I'm going to the side that believe Pacioretty is to good for Nugent Hopkins their making more sense

Last edited:

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
You know Pacioretty has one point in eight games, right?

RNH + JP/Yams/Jones + 1st is absolutely not happening.

You're a good poster, don't resort to these types of arguments. The habs as a hole are a dumpster fire so it's not like we're winning and max is doing f*** all. Max is an elite winger who has scored 30+ goals for the last 5 seasons without the help of a top 6 winger.

Patches/Mcdavid would be one of the deadliest duos in the league and would solidify your top 6

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
And that's why he has 1 goal and 1 point in 8 games? You can believe he's worth RNH+ all you want... but that doesn't make it true. At the end of the day, it's still an issue of an underperforming winger and you're trying to trade him for a young #2 center.

hahaha jesus christ, HFboards at its best! YES the 8 games bad stretch is WAY more important to look at than his 5 constant season! pacioretty has decline and is definitely a 15pts winger! read yourself, you're ridiculous! Pacioretty ALWAYS had slow start season, especially scoring wise. he does not have a good chemistry with drouin being both LH, its simply not working for these 2 right now!

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
It also leaves our bottom six a tire fire the likes of which could be seen from space, and also means no more McDavid+Drai magic. That's the real crux of a potential RNH move. He's a good 2C - that's playing pretty well this year I might add, including a huge improvement in faceoffs - but losing him either means we can't put Drai with McDavid ever again, or we get to witness Mark Letestu or Strome as a 2C

How much does it really change?

For the most part the Oil don't run the 3 centres on different lines, but have all 3 of Nuge, Drai, and McDavid in the top 6. The bottom 6 would have the same players and the same roles.

You're swapping your secondary playmaking centre for a sniping winger. That's a bigger need as it gives you more variety in talent sets vs. Nuge whose strengthes are duplicated and bettered by McDavid and Draisaitl.

Reactions: Doomsday

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I thought the Habs are trying to compete this year?

I think Galchenyuk would be a more realistic target for the Oilers.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
There is always an assumption of chemistry...Hall is better than pacioretty and didn't work with Mcdavid. It's an interesting trade but I would think carefully about including a player like puljajarvi who is still unknown.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I'm not a Habs fan but it cracks me up that people are pointing at this season's 8 games as some evidence that Pacioretty is a player with low value...but yet RNH who's underperformed for going on 3 seasons now is seen as some major asset.

yeah its crazy and makes no sense, the guy was actually taking the 8 games to prove his point that patch isnt not a 30+ goal scorer a year.

On the other hand i dont think RNH is underperforming, he has gotten use to an different Two-way role and is behind 2 big C's i think he could be a very good 2C playmaker if he was givin the opportunity to be the guy who drives the play! he's not a prospect anymore, but he's not old by any mean and can still find back + improves his offensive game! little bit a weight woulnt be bad either.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You're a good poster, don't resort to these types of arguments. The habs as a hole are a dumpster fire so it's not like we're winning and max is doing **** all. Max is an elite winger who has scored 30+ goals for the last 5 seasons without the help of a top 6 winger.

Patches/Mcdavid would be one of the deadliest duos in the league and would solidify your top 6

I don't care if we get a 'undo trade if he doesn't score 30' clause, there's no chance Edmonton gives that much up for a winger that's 1) struggling now 2) has a brutal track record in the playoffs and 3) can walk in ~150 games.

If Montreal really wanted that package back they'd need to add something pretty significant like, say, Danault.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
There is always an assumption of chemistry...Hall is better than pacioretty and didn't work with Mcdavid. It's an interesting trade but I would think carefully about including a player like puljajarvi who is still unknown.

Puljujarvi is definitely a gamble, as he could be anything from Magnus Paajarvi to Marian Hossa at this point. Oilers need to go for it now and every point we waste hurts us right now.

We're generating the most scoring chances, shots, and dangerous scoring chances in the league right now, but our entire team has the yips.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I would not trade Pool party straight for him

Pool party is like Leon D--taking a bit to adjust to NHL level of play

the fact he ONLY has two years left also concerns me

atleast nuge has four

with the oilers heading into cap hell--there would only be a slight chance they could keep him

So giving up players like Pool Party or Yamamoto for him would be of concern to me and bad asset management

that being said--Slepyshev or Drake and a pick I could get behind

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
For patches, it has to be Poolparty. No way for RNH. Les get the retool started and get the young NHL ready players.

Adding Poolparty to our core would be great. Hopefully we draft Dahlin and we start looking like a team with a very bright future. Maybe we can even squeeze a first at the TD when demand will be extremely high.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
I would not trade Pool party straight for him

Pool party is like Leon D--taking a bit to adjust to NHL level of play

the fact he ONLY has two years left also concerns me

atleast nuge has four

with the oilers heading into cap hell--there would only be a slight chance they could keep him

So giving up players like Pool Party or Yamamoto for him would be of concern to me and bad asset management

that being said--Slepyshev or Drake and a pick I could get behind
Is your offer Slepyshev , or Drake and a pick for Pacioretty ?
Are those players in the NHL ?

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
IMO Puljujarvi will be better than Pacoretti in 2 years. If Edmonton wins the cup it would be worth it, but it would definitely be a short-sighted move

Reactions: HOPE

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
obviously you only pay attention to Habs games a zone out all other teams

either that or your trying to get a bad reaction from oiler fans and then report the post

which is it?
I live in the East Caring about the Edmonton Oilers and staying up to watch any team play until 1;30 every morning doesn't interest me . Your offer isn't enough for Pacioretty Montreal need proven talent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad