Friedman: "If I'm the Edmonton Oilers, I'm calling the Montreal Canadiens and asking for Max Pacioretty"

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Paccioretty is fast with a great shot, him playing with Mcdavid would give him a career high in goals.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
i wish patches would be traded. the oilers have a lot of cap space and probably won't mind moving jesse puljujarvi. they shouldn't move rnh now.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Any team wanting to have success in the playoffs would do well to steer away from Pacioretty.

He doesn't have the extra gear required for high intensity games.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Montreal has been more than patient with Patches and Edmonton would do well to add him to the mix.

Anyone who says the Oilers shouldn't buy low on a potential 40 goal man is nuts. Not to mention a great 2-way player.

Reactions: Umbrella

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Montreal has been more than patient with Patches and Edmonton would do well to add him to the mix.

Anyone who says the Oilers shouldn't buy low on a potential 40 goal man is nuts. Not to mention a great 2-way player.
patches a good two-way player???????

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
That plus better be something big because RNH isn't anywhere close to being enough.
Pacioretty being a better player isn't the deciding factor . The need Montreal have for a center is what is most important. Pacioretty who's soon 29 yr playing him with McDavid would be exactly what Edmonton needs to free up Draisaitl to center his own line... Nugent Hopkins will only be 25 at the end of the season and would be at worst Montreal # 2 center ... Montreal need to make this trade if Nugent Hopkins becomes available

Last edited:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Puljujarvi for Pacioretty is a good trade value wise

Would be funny if Montreal trades another prime asset and doesnt get a Center back though lol
Puljujarvi alone is far from enough to land pacioretty. His cap hit is 4.5M, that makes him available for almost any contending team, if theres a bidding war for the rest of the season + an other season of patch, this will get outbid under a second.

If the Oilers went all-in- say RNH, Puljujarvi, Nurse and 2018 1st- could they land Patches and Weber?
thats AWFUL for montreal. we have no one to replace Weber in near OR long future

Any team wanting to have success in the playoffs would do well to steer away from Pacioretty.

He doesn't have the extra gear required for high intensity games.

Thats totally wrong. i'm personnaly not a fan of pacioretty because i'm not a fan of these type of player in general, but you need some on your team. People are asking too much of pacioretty and tend to forget he's a COMPLIMENTARY player with a two-way game, a guy like needs to be surrended, he's not your typical elite "go to guy" winger. he's elite at what he does.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
IKR just like low intensity floater Phil Kessel and his hot dogs.

I hope Pacioretty does go to Edmonton and light it up.

Kessel is much, much, much better than Pacioretty.

Pacioretty has proven this much: great regular season scorer, no show when things get rough.

I never said he was garbage.

Reactions: AnishLoomba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad