Friedman: "If I'm the Edmonton Oilers, I'm calling the Montreal Canadiens and asking for Max Pacioretty"

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Pacioretty is a 2-way player...

He is a shooter/PF. Sure he does many things very well on the ice, but is he a type that ‘makes’ a line, makes the player around him better, get the puck up ice, holds together the defense and so forth? Nah, not exactly.

Just saying that I much rather get three Marcus Kreugers than one MaxPac if I am EDM.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
i wish patches would be traded. the oilers have a lot of cap space and probably won't mind moving jesse puljujarvi. they shouldn't move rnh now.

How do the Oilers have lots of cap space ? Think bonuses . McDavid will reach his as well as Draisaitl . Then there Nurse and so on . We need the cheap ELC coming . Patches would be a nice add but we don't have the cap space or the expendable pieces . RNH is unavailable right now and is playing like a solid top 6 C . Draisaitl is on RW on McD line . Only thing we can offer is a package of futures and a cap dump to create enough cap space so bonuses don't burn us .

Personally I like to see Chia gut the team and only keep

McD
Draisaitl
RNH
Larsson
Klefbom
Nurse
Talbot

Prospects

Puljujarvi
Yamamoto
Jones
Bear
Benson

Sekera
Maroon
Are borderline with me

Everyone else should be made available

Needs are a 3 line C , a few speedy winger , A true #1 D

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
The only deal to be made is to sent Lucic ++ for Patches . If the Canadians are rebuilding they can take on Lucic's contract and he can help protect the younger guys coming . This would give us/Oilers some cap space to resign Patches and Maroon . The question is how much do we have to add to get Montreal to bite

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
The only deal to be made is to sent Lucic ++ for Patches . If the Canadians are rebuilding they can take on Lucic's contract and he can help protect the younger guys coming . This would give us/Oilers some cap space to resign Patches and Maroon . The question is how much do we have to add to get Montreal to bite
lucic doesn't want play for montreal tried to sign him at free agency and he refused. probably still bitter over wiese , subban issues

Reactions: northeastern

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
Start with your 1st this year and keep adding. That Lucic contract is a terrible boat anchor.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

That plus better be insane and/or Montreal better be able to dump Alzner the other way, since Lucic is basically a cap dump;

lucic doesn't want play for montreal tried to sign him at free agency and he refused. probably still bitter over wiese , subban issues

1) Lucic only chose Edmonton over Montreal because he wanted to play with McDavid;
2) Last I checked, Weise is in Philly, Subban and Emelin are in Nashville, CJ was his coach for a long time, and Gally and Weber are close to him.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
How do the Oilers have lots of cap space ? Think bonuses . McDavid will reach his as well as Draisaitl . Then there Nurse and so on . We need the cheap ELC coming . Patches would be a nice add but we don't have the cap space or the expendable pieces . RNH is unavailable right now and is playing like a solid top 6 C . Draisaitl is on RW on McD line . Only thing we can offer is a package of futures and a cap dump to create enough cap space so bonuses don't burn us .

Personally I like to see Chia gut the team and only keep

McD
Draisaitl
RNH
Larsson
Klefbom
Nurse
Talbot

Prospects

Puljujarvi
Yamamoto
Jones
Bear
Benson

Sekera
Maroon
Are borderline with me

Everyone else should be made available

Needs are a 3 line C , a few speedy winger , A true #1 D

So anything of value, because there's not much after that that's going to get you much help

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-6_8-56-18.png
    upload_2017-11-6_8-56-18.png
    213 bytes · Views: 1

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Hey we would like your 30 goal scorer but we'll tell you how much he sucks and that we have nothing we're willing to give up for him.

Great enjoy mediocrity, not pacioretty

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Pacioretty wont be traded until deadline if the Habs are out of contention, which i doubt will happen. But if it does, the team that will get him will be a contender and won't part with any roster regular.

So i think the trade wouldn't include RNH.

at the deadline, Pacioretty for Poolparty, 2018 1st and Jones

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
What about:

Pacioretty + Weber + McCarron

for

RNH + pool party + Lucic (cap dump) + 1st

Im trying to see if there is another way to do this...not a habs fan..just seeing other alternatives for this challenge..

I figure Oilers need a true Number 1...but this will cost them (contract-wise)...If Habs are not delusional, they should go for a quick rebuild.. Weber has to go one way and a cap dump needs to go the other...this means Oilers will need to anti up for the right players.

well...I tried...

Salary-wise, they just about equal out. McCarron is on ELC and so is poolparty. Oilers get a scoring winger, 3rd line centre and a number 1 Dman.

Montreal gets a centre they so badly need, a great future winger and most likely a low 1st round pick. They also keep Mete and Galch.

If Lucic complains, he can always be flipped for picks or something or he just may add muscle to the lineup.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
They didn't get any impact NHLers. They got two good prospects, some picks, and a throw in goalie. Colorado got a good package but it's 100% futures.
contending teams are not going to give up impact players so don't expect them

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Pacioretty wont be traded until deadline if the Habs are out of contention, which i doubt will happen. But if it does, the team that will get him will be a contender and won't part with any roster regular.

So i think the trade wouldn't include RNH.

at the deadline, Pacioretty for Poolparty, 2018 1st and Jones

I wouldn't make that trade if I were the Oilers GM . all ELC when we will be up against the cap . There no deal to be had with the Oilers unless it dollar for dollar

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Yea.... GMs regular trade 30 goal scorers with very cap friendly contract for young players with "potential"...especially when they have trouble scoring.

Just a crap thread..now a Lucic trade to the Habs for a B level prospect and a 3rd round pic makes sense.

Habs have cap space and Chia needs to get the Oilers to be a little faster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad