If I'm Jarmo, I'm planning out for 3 years. Here's What's needed

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Duby > Sedlak imo, especially come playoff time.
Of late, I'm not sold on that.

Dubinsky's been part of 2 series winning teams in his 10 NHL seasons. Not very impressive. But I get your point. He'll be given the nod over Sedlak come playoff time I'd imagine.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Of late, I'm not sold on that.

Dubinsky's been part of 2 series winning teams in his 10 NHL seasons. Not very impressive. But I get your point. He'll be given the nod over Sedlak come playoff time I'd imagine.
Are you saying that is his fault? He elevates his play in the playoffs, defensively and offensively. Actually averages more points (.59 PPG) in the playoffs than he does during the regular season (.56 PPG).

Sedlak is what he is, a fourth line center who can play D but can’t score. Sedlak has 2 games of NHL postseason experiences, Duby much more.

Of course, I believe experience matters in the playoffs. I think that’ll help us this year if we make it in. Gotta lose in the playoffs and learn how to win, before you can actually win some series.

Reactions: Viqsi

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Are you saying that is his fault? He elevates his play in the playoffs, defensively and offensively. Actually averages more points (.59 PPG) in the playoffs than he does during the regular season (.56 PPG).

Sedlak is what he is, a fourth line center who can play D but can’t score. Sedlak has 2 games of NHL postseason experiences, Duby much more.

Of course, I believe experience matters in the playoffs. I think that’ll help us this year if we make it in. Gotta lose in the playoffs and learn how to win, before you can actually win some series.

His PPG difference is insignificant statistically.

Experience is great. Being too slow and broken down physically to use it isn't.

Reactions: hardkorejackets

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Okay.

Why would you rather have Sedlak?

I haven't seen Dubinsky contribute anything since he came back from his beating. He's been completely useless offensively and not very good defensively. I think he's completely lost right now. The playoffs aren't time to find one's game.

Sedlak ain't much. But Dubinsky is even less-I think he's broken in body and spirit.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I haven't seen Dubinsky contribute anything since he came back from his beating. He's been completely useless offensively and not very good defensively. I think he's completely lost right now. The playoffs aren't time to find one's game.

Sedlak ain't much. But Dubinsky is even less-I think he's broken in body and spirit.
But duby is still out producing Sedlak this year, and Duby is at his worst..

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
But duby is still out producing Sedlak this year, and Duby is at his worst..
Uhhh...

Dubinsky had 12 of his 15 points pre injury, he's had 3 pts since his return. He only has 7 more points in 3 more games. He's not the same player he was in November. That's blatantly obvious. I'm not saying he has no chance, but all signs point to him not bouncing back.

His defensive play is suffering and any offensive ability he had left is gone.

Dubinsky was getting top 6 time while Sedsy topped out at 3rd line minutes.

Keep Foligno at center and deal with Dubinsky and 3/4C situation in the off season. Re-sign Letestu and keep Sedlak for depth and in Cleveland.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Thank God I don't watch Hollywood tripe anymore.

media-journalist-journalism-exaggerations-exaggerated-reporters-pjun1527_low.jpg

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
OK. Make the case for keeping Dubinsky around for 3 more years.
The only thing you can really hope for is that he decides his career (and life?) is going off the rails and really commits himself to working hard next summer and comes into camp in great shape. Whether he does that, or if he's capable of doing that, no one knows. But that's the case for him.

Right now he does look like his career is done. Skating and conditioning is just gone.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Jenner is in his contract year and becomes a RFA. Is the Jenner we've seen over the last 10 games the Jenner we should give a new contract too or will he fall back into WTF Jenner mode?

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Jenner is in his contract year and becomes a RFA. Is the Jenner we've seen over the 10 games the Jenner we should give a new contract too or will he fall back into WTF Jenner mode?

Jarmo's been big into the "prove it" mentality on contracts for almost every RFA and I don't see how Jenner would be exempt from it.

I'd give both Jenner and Murray one year deals at this point.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
You absolutely give Murray and Jenner prove it deals, unless they wanna take the same dollar amounts they have now with some term.

Give Murray, Jenner and Bjorkstrand prove it deals(unless you can go long term on bjorkstrand for a low aav)

Give Cole and Nutti small raises and drop JJ and Chorney.

I have no idea what I'd do with Calvert, Vanek and Letestu. I want to keep them all, but idk that it's possible with next off-seasons possible apocalypse.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
You absolutely give Murray and Jenner prove it deals, unless they wanna take the same dollar amounts they have now with some term.

Give Murray, Jenner and Bjorkstrand prove it deals(unless you can go long term on bjorkstrand for a low aav)

Give Cole and Nutti small raises and drop JJ and Chorney.

I have no idea what I'd do with Calvert, Vanek and Letestu. I want to keep them all, but idk that it's possible with next off-seasons possible apocalypse.

I know it's not a popular stance, but I'd be inclined to let Calvert and Letestu go unless they came back for bargain rates and for one year at that.

Vanek has given life to Jenner (or so it seems) and even Wennberg. I'd try to get him back for a year at $2-2.5 if things continue as they have during this streak.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I know it's not a popular stance, but I'd be inclined to let Calvert and Letestu go unless they came back for bargain rates and for one year at that.

Vanek has given life to Jenner (or so it seems) and even Wennberg. I'd try to get him back for a year at $2-2.5 if things continue as they have during this streak.
I kinda agree with Calvert it's just hard. He's always had these little spurts where he looks like he could be a top 6 player, but that's all they ever are and they're few and far in between. For the right price it's a no brainer but it depends on what he wants and if hes willing to look at the big picture and take a pay cut or is he gonna look out for himself and his family and make as much money as possible while he's playing.

Can't blame him if he chases the money. Can't say I'd do any different.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I kinda agree with Calvert it's just hard. He's always had these little spurts where he looks like he could be a top 6 player, but that's all they ever are and they're few and far in between. For the right price it's a no brainer but it depends on what he wants and if hes willing to look at the big picture and take a pay cut or is he gonna look out for himself and his family and make as much money as possible while he's playing.

Can't blame him if he chases the money. Can't say I'd do any different.
I'm more willing to consider keeping him mostly because, well, I think this trade deadline served as a nice reminder of just how useful players like that are. That said, it admittedly also served as a nice reminder of how low-cost getting such guys can be, so I've got my limits. :D

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I'm more willing to consider keeping him mostly because, well, I think this trade deadline served as a nice reminder of just how useful players like that are. That said, it admittedly also served as a nice reminder of how low-cost getting such guys can be, so I've got my limits. :D
He's playing great now, but I'm tempering expectations. If he gets us into the playoffs great, but that lines gotta make some noise when we get there too.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I’m not sure about Calvert and Letestu either. There’s only so many dollars you can commit to the 4th line, but trying to man it with players who aren’t NHL quality doesn’t work as we saw for most of this year. I think 55 might sign at team friendly contract. Not sure about 11 as he might be seeking a longer term/more money than here.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I would like to see a 4th of Cal Tube Andy - I can envision great things from them but, I am not in love with any players anymore that aren't named Bob, Jones, Z, Nuti, Panarin, Cam, Andy and Dubois. Loving what Cole and Vanek have brought to the table. Sonny Milano, Bjork and Pooh I keep because they seem to be getting better as they get experience. The rest are working their way back or working their way out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad