OT: Ian Cole under investigation by the NHL | Suspended by Lightning | 10/15: NHL "finds no evidence to support anonymous allegations"

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Considering we're talking about the best league in the world, I'm sure they'll find a way to solve the problem of the salary cap about him. Also because it's not a Lightning related reason if the contract will be terminated.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
While it is just an allegation at the moment, it sounds very authentic/genuine. Also Cole is a known sleazy asshole/POS even before these allegations. My gut feel is certainly that they’re true.
Yeah signing him despite that drama he was a part of in Carolina was really dumb on the Lightning's part. I hated the signing then and now its even worse than we thought.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Yeah signing him despite that drama he was a part of in Carolina was really dumb on the Lightning's part. I hated the signing then and now its even worse than we thought.
I know the player on the ice but nothing about him personally. What happened in Carolina? In any event, it seems unlikely that he survives this as a Bolt. Anyone know the cap implications or what the teams options are if allegations are found to be true?

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I know the player on the ice but nothing about him personally. What happened in Carolina? In any event, it seems unlikely that he survives this as a Bolt. Anyone know the cap implications or what the teams options are if allegations are found to be true?
If they can terminate his contract due violation of the code of conduct that's usually baked into each contract, then his cap hit comes off completely. I doubt Cole let's that happen, so he will probably fight it through the PA, so it will stay on us, unless we buy him out which kind of works out to the same I am guessing? Basically there is more chance some or all of his cap hit stays.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'd suspect a team suspension for right now. No cap relief.

All that we (HFB) know is that there's a semi-anonymous tweet. If this person isn't answering their DM's, then what?

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
This guy was already looking like a real piece of work based on the stories that came out during the off-season and I think we all would've rather this organization not gone anywhere near him if they really value "character" as much as they say.

After this, forget it. Cut his ass.

Reactions: ultra63

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It was rumored that he had an affair with a Canes reporter for Bally Sports.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
A lot of details...smdh...it will be easy to track the account to the original poster. A few texts between the two is all you would need.

DIsgusted.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
After the Carolina drama is he even still married ? Not sure why JBB didn’t find another option in free agency?

Reactions: ultra63

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
If they can terminate his contract due violation of the code of conduct that's usually baked into each contract, then his cap hit comes off completely. I doubt Cole let's that happen, so he will probably fight it through the PA, so it will stay on us, unless we buy him out which kind of works out to the same I am guessing? Basically there is more chance some or all of his cap hit stays.
Nobody good out there to sign anyway now it’s not July 1st open market

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
ConfusedNearIggypops-size_restricted.gif

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

I think LTIR really complicates things here. He's on our roster on opening day and we're using the maximum amount of LTIR credit after the Myers waive. But if we terminate his contract can we just replace his cap hit?

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I think LTIR really complicates things here. He's on our roster on opening day and we're using the maximum amount of LTIR credit after the Myers waive. But if we terminate his contract can we just replace his cap hit?
Technically it would remove $3m from the cap, which means we are using all of Seabrook's LTIR relief. Technically we could get someone else on short notice, but there really isn't anyone out there to get? Get slow Stralman? Like there really isn't anyone left.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Man I called this before anybody did regarding him landing here (yes, give me a cookie, each of you). The fit on paper and on ice was perfect.

Sadly, the guy is a piece of shit and was said numerous times we signed him. I figured the locker room that has shown wives, girlfriends and family quite a bit the last few years were not really welcoming given the looming cloud over his name while leaving Carolina.

Brisebois had an offseason to forget. How they managed to think a guy with that character (openly, having been accused of having an affair while married with kids...) was going to bode well is bush league. I get anybody could have skeletons in their closet, but this dude had one hanging halfway out from under the bed and we were like; "you wanna play for 1 year? Cool."

Brutal offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad