Confirmed with Link: Ian Cole Traded To Columbus

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
What year does it ****ing matter anyways? Better to stagger them. You know... Not put all your eggs in one basket. A 3rd is a 3rd. Plus, if we have new ownership by then, we'll have a much bigger scouting team.

Exactly. A draft pick is always an asset. The year doesn't really matter that much. If we want at the draft this summer, we can flip that 3rd for one this year.

If that's the best offer he had on the table I don't understand why he pulled the trigger so early

So he doesn't waster any more time with Cole, when he likely has other deals to make in the next few hours? Can't spend all day eating the appetizers when the main dish is sitting on the counter getting cold.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Yeah, this is a trend with this club.

Trades, contract signings.... there is no patience in this organization.

This organization is impatient...

I don't want to wait until 2020 for our 3rd round pick...

Which one is it?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Why does the year matter? A 3rd is a 3rd in my opinion....

A 3rd in 2018 isn't worth the same as a 3rd in 2030.

A 3rd in 2020 is probably worth a 5th in 2018, given that we'd be getting a prospect that's two years further in their development, thus being closer to contributing to the team.

Reactions: Cosmix

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

A 3rd in 2020 is probably worth a 5th in 2018, given that we'd be getting a prospect that's two years further in their development, thus being closer to contributing to the team.

Is this a joke?

Reactions: gab6511

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So he doesn't waster any more time with Cole, when he likely has other deals to make in the next few hours? Can't spend all day eating the appetizers when the main dish is sitting on the counter getting cold.

This is why, in theory, you should have a full staff around you - as the GM, you need to triage what is important, and delegate negotiating the smaller deals to other people in the room you trust.

Asking Dorion to orchestrate like 5 or 6 trades in one day is a Herculean ask. Days like this is where our spartan front office shows the cracks in it's frame.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Exactly. A draft pick is always an asset. The year doesn't really matter that much. If we want at the draft thsi summer, we can flip that 3rd for one this year if we want.

Likely not.

Why would a team trade a 3rd with a 4/5 year NHL hopeful arrival for a 3rd with a 8/9 year hopeful arrival? Makes little sense.

And the prospect is a warm body, Dunn replacement.

Last edited:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
2020 3rd round pick so that by the time we are in the hunt we have extra assets to use at the trade deadline.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009

Is it now? ...and you've come to that conclusion based on what exactly?

That's ridiculous. When they are ready to contribute doesn't make them more/less valuable.

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
What a joke ... this is why I don't trust Dorion to make any trades ... especially one involving Karlsson.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
We traded our third to Pittsburgh this year, so it would have been nice to get one back. I am dissapoint.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
This organization is impatient...

I don't want to wait until 2020 for our 3rd round pick...

Which one is it?

Them acquiring a 2020 pick doesn't show patience. If that were the case, we would have demanded a 2020 1st rounder in the Brassard trade, and would be asking for 2020 1st round picks in a hypothetical Karlsson trade.

It shows an inability or unwillingness to commit fully to the trade process, and resigning themselves to taking the first deal they think is "acceptable".

Reactions: BondraTime

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
CBJ fan here,

I’m sorry guys but Dorion has done it again. Ian Cole: a former 2 time Stanley cup defenseman, 55 playoff game experience, low cap hit, pure rental should’ve netted more than Moutrey and a 3rd. It’s almost comical.

Now, I’ve watched Cleveland play many times this year. I’ve saw Moutrey both at pro camp a few years in a row and in games for the Monsters. I was very, very high on Moutrey when he was drafted. He has solid size and strength but his skating and shot are extremely lacking. His game to the pro level hasn’t translated at all. I cannot see him ever being a NHLer and honestly not even sure he’ll ever play an NHL game. Just my two cents and being completely honest, guys.

Dorion’s future is going to rest on the Karlsson trade if/when he is traded. I really hope for your guys’ sake that you get a tremendous return. I’m a big fan of Duchene and Dzingel. Watched Dzingel many, many times when he played for Ohio State. Cheers guys!

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
CBJ fan here,

I’m sorry guys but Dorion has done it again. Ian Cole: a former 2 time Stanley cup defenseman, 55 playoff game experience, low cap hit, pure rental should’ve netted more than Moutrey and a 3rd. It’s almost comical.

Now, I’ve watched Cleveland play many times this year. I’ve saw Moutrey both at pro camp a few years in a row and in games for the Monsters. I was very, very high on Moutrey when he was drafted. He has solid size and strength but his skating and shot are extremely lacking. His game to the pro level hasn’t translated at all. I cannot see him ever being a NHLer and honestly not even sure he’ll ever play an NHL game. Just my two cents and being completely honest, guys.

Dorion’s future is going to rest on the Karlsson trade if/when he is traded. I really hope for your guys’ sake that you get a tremendous return. I’m a big fan of Duchene and Dzingel. Watched Dzingel many, many times when he played for Ohio State. Cheers guys!
Wut

I think most predicted a 3rd rounder for a bottom pairing guy

Reactions: swiftwin

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Likely not.

Why would a team trade a 3rd with a 4/5 year NHL hopeful arrival for a 3rd with a 9/10 year arrival? Makes little sense.

Just to get the deal done. It may not be ideal, but it's still an asset. I haven't followed the Cole trade chatter, so I have no idea if any other teams wanted him or not. Perhaps there was no other interest.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
CBJ fan here,

Is this Moutrey kid still a decent player at the AHL level? That's probably all we wanted him for.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00