Confirmed with Link: Ian Cole Traded To Columbus

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
A big body with questionable speed, hands and shot. Is not that physical considering his size.

Sorta like Nick paul with worse skating and offense.

So serviceable bottom line AHL player at this point.

So...kinda meh. Just a warm body.

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
Looks like they are aligning the rebuild with the new arena rebuild. Can't wait to see the team in #2025.

I believe this is exactly what is happening. Pretty well any player who doesn't fit the team at the time Lebreton comes on line is expendable.

I now view the Senators basically as an expansion team that will enter the league in about three years. A team with a head start due to players such as Chabot, Brown, etc.

Any hope of anything other then mediocrity until that time is misguided.

Sadly it has come tho this. Further, if I were Melnyk it would make perfect sense to sacrifice Karlsson to dump the $24 million or so of Ryan's contract (buyout).

Reactions: MiscBrah

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Looks like the market is flooded with available players and a lot of teams holding out to not pay a premium. In a buyers market where we could get nothing in a few hours from now, taking the offer that is out there may be all we can do. Value is only based on leverage, not what we think he is worth compared to other players. Its not like we can be a grittier negotiator or something.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Don't forget "former CHL captain". This deal was absolutely done by Randy Lee. PR Dorion has bigger fish to fry.
W need AHL bodies. We are likely trading guys for picks/prospects. It's a complete non-point.

There is a metric-tonne of shit to be complaining about. That's not one. That's just an agenda.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
W need AHL bodies. We are likely trading guys for picks/prospects. It's a complete non-point.

There is a metric-tonne of **** to be complaining about. That's not one. That's just an agenda.
That's a point, particularly if they can make other NHL roster moves, but the return still sucks on Cole

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
3rd rounder for a bottom pairing guy is good in my books

time to move on from the Cole era

Reactions: Ed Wood

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
We're approaching the 11th hour of the TDL. PD took what he could get without the risk of getting stuck with him. I would have liked a 2nd but that wasn't on the table. It is what it is. Way too easy to second guess behind a laptop, especially without knowing all the facts. Move on.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
The biggest thing about this is we won't owe the 2020 pick a cent until then at the earliest. Who knows what would have happened if we drafted someone this year? We might have had to sign him to a contract. The horror!

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
That's just an agenda.

Thanks for speaking up for me and my "agenda". This is a message board, I am unhappy in the direction this organization has taken with EVERY SINGLE MOVE over the past few seasons, so I am speaking up. Randy Lee has stocked the AHL affiliate with garbage for far too long. Point is, this retuen for Cole isn't acceptable. Is it a minor move, absolutely, does HFBoards have a "Ian Cole traded to Columbus" thread, yes it does!! Therefore, I am able to post my opinion.

Also, thanks for reminding me about what I should be upset about.

Reactions: swiftwin

sexytime

Apr 17, 2009
Ottawa
Looks like the market is flooded with available players and a lot of teams holding out to not pay a premium. In a buyers market where we could get nothing in a few hours from now, taking the offer that is out there may be all we can do. Value is only based on leverage, not what we think he is worth compared to other players. Its not like we can be a grittier negotiator or something.

I think negotiation skills extend across all industries. You don't necessarily have to be a good NHL negotiator just a competent one overall, coupled with an eye for talent. Dorion has demonstrated he knows nothing about negotiation.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I think negotiation skills extend across all industries. You don't necessarily have to be a good NHL negotiator just a competent one overall, coupled with an eye for talent. Dorion has demonstrated he knows nothing about negotiation.

Perhaps, but i have always been dubious about claims from fans that- oh he could have got a better deal if only he had ...

Fan ideas of good negotiation skills are equally lacking in my eyes often. But sure i wish we had got more too. But its only my anger that would leave to proclaim we didnt because of his bad negotiation skills. Its possible, but also possible its the best we could have done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad