Proposal: I WANT TANEV!!!!! (TOR/VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Canucks fans want him out, it’s obvious and proven. If one says it you all want it.

I’ll add the rights to tryamkin for a conditional 5th tho.

Tanev
Conditional second

For

Conditional first
Conditional second
Conditional fifth.

Easily best deal for nucks, nobody will offer more and you clearly want to move him. It’s obvious between you and thorvat that he’s done as a Canuck.

Maybe Edmonton will take him for a 3rd tho.

I see this theme pop up in several posts. Can somebody explain what is the thinking or rationale behind the concept of "no team will offer more (than the Leafs offer)"? Seems odd to assume that anyone really knows what a team could and will offer, let alone what all the other teams would offer .....

Does it have something to do with the belief that the Leafs have all of the good prospects, or far superior prospects in presumably both quality & quantity, while the other teams have none/very few/significantly less?

This kind of comment seems confusing.

Last edited:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I see this theme pop up in several posts. Can somebody explain what is the thinking or rationale behind the concept of "no team will offer more (than the Leafs offer)"? Seems odd to assume that anyone really knows what a team could and will offer, let alone what all the other teams would offer .....

Does it have something to do with the belief that the Leafs have all of the good prospects, or far superior prospects in presumably both quality & quantity, while the other teams have none/very few/significantly less?

This kind of comment seems confusing.

Not saying i agree, but it may stem from the fact that for parts of the last 2 seasons, Toronto has been linked to Tanev trade talks...not sure if other teams have been directly linked or, if they have, as many times as the Leafs.

And totally off topic....can this Marshalls pop up add f*** off already????

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
Have you ever thought about .. letting this one go, at least for a little while? There just clearly isn't a deal. I'm surprised this topic hasn't been transformed into a discussion on quantum physics considering its length.

Reactions: Thorvat and nucks88

member 105785

How many injuries ago was that?

long travel times, leaned on too heavily defensively by van etc etc go take a nap instead of using the same tired argument over and over again

member 105785

Can you answer the question?

no because i don't care to look it up, go ahead if you'd like to, it's just boring to hear everyone say injury prone after anyone says anything about Tanev even in threads not talking about his value in trade when Benning has said repeatedly that the Canucks aren't looking to deal him, especially when Vancouver gives defensemen injury prone reputations that are shed after they leave the team. VAN has way more travel than TO and TO wouldn't have to lean on Tanev as hard as VAN would.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
no because i don't care to look it up, go ahead if you'd like to, it's just boring to hear everyone say injury prone after anyone says anything about Tanev even in threads not talking about his value in trade when Benning has said repeatedly that the Canucks aren't looking to deal him, especially when Vancouver gives defensemen injury prone reputations that are shed after they leave the team. VAN has way more travel than TO and TO wouldn't have to lean on Tanev as hard as VAN would.
I suggest you do since it's a counterpoint to your initial comment.

So why didn't the rest of Van's players break down like Tanev?
Do they travel less?
Play less?

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
I suggest you do since it's a counterpoint to your initial comment.

So why didn't the rest of Van's players break down like Tanev?
Do they travel less?
Play less?

Actually, a lot of them do. Vancouver lost almost every key player for at least a short part of the season last year.

Reactions: THE Green Man

member 290103

Leafs fans have been pretty in sync with regard to their assertion that they do not need Tanev. Instead, they will go after Panarin - and add more offense. They are happy employing turnstiles and pylons instead of NHL calibre d-men. Their pylon/turnstile D and high octane offense worked well last year, why change?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Leafs fans have been pretty in sync with regard to their assertion that they do not need Tanev. Instead, they will go after Panarin - and add more offense. They are happy employing turnstiles and pylons instead of NHL calibre d-men. Their pylon/turnstile D and high octane offense worked well last year, why change?

False on both points. Most Leafs fans don't want Panarin. Leafs fans aren't in sync on Tanev. Some want him, some don't want him because of the injuries.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Leafs were a better than average team when it came to goals against.
Not that it's a direct barometer to your defense but they can't be thay horid.

Only "pylon " we had left (Polak)

We also had 105 points and were a top 10 team, so not sure what the insult is supposed to be here? "Haha you guys outscored people last year and now you want more offense! Idiots smh"

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
Leafs were a better than average team when it came to goals against.
Not that it's a direct barometer to your defense but they can't be thay horid.

Only "pylon " we had left (Polak)

We also had 105 points and were a top 10 team, so not sure what the insult is supposed to be here? "Haha you guys outscored people last year and now you want more offense! Idiots smh"
While the leafs had a good regular season when the intensity ramped up in the playoffs they weren't able to elevate their game. It has long been stated that defence wins championships.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
If I'm TO, I see no point in pursuing this move in the off-season. The Nucks will not be in the playoff hunt, so logically Tanev will be available at the deadline, and you have a better picture of what his health is like at the time. Not realistic that the Leafs need him to make the playoffs or anything, and they'll likely have to face TB one way or another.

Trading for him now costs just as much and there's the risk of Tanev breaking something in the 2nd half of the season and having the move be a bust.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
While the leafs had a good regular season when the intensity ramped up in the playoffs they weren't able to elevate their game. It has long been stated that defence wins championships.

Losing in 7 games and being 1 period of winning it with a young team, to ~ the best team in hockey since January, if we're going by standings, is not a travesty by any means.

Yes, but Hainsey fell off a cliff last season...Tanev, if he can stay healthy, is the perfect compliment to Rielly's game.

Hainsey did fall off cliff and I'd go as far to say as his game was overstated to begin the year as well (which created a narrative he was close to adequate when he's not). Which kind of ties in with my point that that small WC sample size is a overstated selling point.

Rielly in small sample sizes with Gardiner, Parayko, or his play with Hainsey this year where he carried his corpse is also redeemable IMO...

As for Tanev.....he isn't the perfect compliment but would supersede Hainsey if healthy for sure. IMO, Tanev fits the MO of the prototype the Leafs need minus the healthy, size and physicality aspect. Those are probably the 3 biggest needs on our team right now, along with shot-blocking (which Tanev is elite at).

That said, the asking price I've seen for him on here is ludicrous for him, all things considered. Even Hab fans are more reasonable with their cost for Petry- who is a few degrees better than Tanev, to me, and also a better fit because of his physical play/shot.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
We have NHL calibre d- men. We could add Tanev, hence the thread. We have even made offers. I have also made an offer of a third round pick which I think is a fair offer. Not everyone agrees though. Some are ridiculous though like the 1st, 2nd and prospect nonsense. But lots of posters are fair. Some as high as a conditional 2nd based on games played.

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
Losing in 7 games and being 1 period of winning it with a young team, to ~ the best team in hockey since January, if we're going by standings, is not a travesty by any means.

The best team in hockey is the one that wins the cup. If you are satisfied with regular season success over post season success then I hope you enjoy your presidents trophy. I watched the leafs/lightning series and I just though the Leafs looked flat. I though there star players were neutralised and weren't able to elevate. I though Winnipeg was far superior in that they play a style that is designed for the playoffs whereas the leafs just couldn't ramp it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad