Proposal: I WANT TANEV!!!!! (TOR/VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Yeah just in dropping in to this thread that is just a vehicle for some Leafs fans to bash CT. You sure have posted a lot for a guy with no interest. :laugh:

He’s a good player, but he isn’t a good organizational fit.

If we used the contrived example of rock-paper-scissors, the Leafs are assembling the best possible scissor and Tanev is paper. We don’t need paper to be a better scissor.

member 105785

If we used the contrived example of rock-paper-scissors, the Leafs are assembling the best possible scissor and Tanev is paper. We don’t need paper to be a better scissor.

he's reilly's ideal partner, they killed it at the WC

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
Tanev did partner well with Rielly in the Worlds a couple of years ago. Price would be interesting. I am sure he wants to come home. He should execute his Modified NTC against NYI and any team looking for a RHD other than the Leafs. He will do his future team a solid and limit a bidding war.
Hey...Who Tanev should pick in his modified NTC to get to the leafs deserves its own thread:thumbu:
Dream on!

Reactions: Notsince67

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
Since ALL canucks fans are so desperate to get rid of him, (only to the leafs for some reason) how about this:

To Toronto
Tanev
2nd round pick (conditional, if Benning is still GM by the draft it goes to Toronto because he loves to add 2nds for no reason)

To canucks
1st round pick (conditional, drops 1 round every 10 games missed due to injury by tanev)
2nd round pick (conditional, if tanev somehow played 10 playoff games)
You are funny!

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast

Fair enough. I agree he is not a fit anywhere but here. I wish these threads would just stop. Good luck with that scissor thing...

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
Agreed he is a great fit with Rielly. His injury history does concern me. I'd be willing to trade a 1st + 2nd for him, which probably isn't enough, considering how late those picks will be.
Finally some leaf fans who see Tanevs value. Honestly still don't think he gets moved unless it's a clear win for the Canucks. There is no pressing need to move him and his value is low due to injury history.

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
Yeah just in dropping in to this thread that is just a vehicle for some Leafs fans to bash CT. You sure have posted a lot for a guy with no interest. :laugh:
It's almost as if some leafs fans think they have a real impact on his trade value by bashing him on here.

Reactions: nucks88

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Finally some leaf fans who see Tanevs value. Honestly still don't think he gets moved unless it's a clear win for the Canucks. There is no pressing need to move him and his value is low due to injury history.
Again I think any move will be dependant on Hughes and Joulevi and whether either one makes the team. They will need Tanev to cover for them. He is a perfect match for a more offensive minded dman.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
There are plenty of Leaf fans on here that see Tanev's value. He is not one.

Reactions: Liferleafer

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Since ALL canucks fans are so desperate to get rid of him, (only to the leafs for some reason) how about this:

To Toronto
Tanev
2nd round pick (conditional, if Benning is still GM by the draft it goes to Toronto because he loves to add 2nds for no reason)

To canucks
1st round pick (conditional, drops 1 round every 10 games missed due to injury by tanev)
2nd round pick (conditional, if tanev somehow played 10 playoff games)

wtf i'm not desperate to get rid of him and I've mentioned this SEVERAL times throughout all the Tanev to Toronto threads.

If we are looking to unload a dman, first choice is either Del Zotto or Hutton.

lets face. the only reason why these rumors exist is he is from Toronto. If he was from Coquitlan B.C none of you guys would give a rats ass about Tanev.

Reactions: Thorvat and nucks88

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
I do think the Leafs are going to have to give up a piece they won't be happy about giving up to get Tanev. You have to give to get.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
wtf i'm not desperate to get rid of him and I've mentioned this SEVERAL times throughout all the Tanev to Toronto threads.

If we are looking to unload a dman, first choice is either Del Zotto or Hutton.

lets face. the only reason why these rumors exist is he is from Toronto. If he was from Coquitlan B.C none of you guys would give a rats ass about Tanev.
Canucks fans want him out, it’s obvious and proven. If one says it you all want it.

I’ll add the rights to tryamkin for a conditional 5th tho.

Tanev
Conditional second

For

Conditional first
Conditional second
Conditional fifth.

Easily best deal for nucks, nobody will offer more and you clearly want to move him. It’s obvious between you and thorvat that he’s done as a Canuck.

Maybe Edmonton will take him for a 3rd tho.

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
Canucks fans want him out, it’s obvious and proven. If one says it you all want it.

Tanev
Conditional second

For

Conditional first
Conditional second
Conditional fifth.

Easily best deal for nucks, nobody will offer more and you clearly want to move him. It’s obvious between you and thorvat that he’s done as a Canuck.

Canucks counter

Gudbranson and Eriksson for

Nylander

Also throw in Matthews since he clearly doesn't want to play for the leafs after being demoted to the second line.

Jul 10, 2003
KW

Actually, not true. The reason why we want him is mainly due to filling our greatest positional need without having to sacrifice one of our core players. Also, does not hurt that he and Rielly have shown chemistry together, as that's exactly where he'd be slotted for us.

...but Vancouver will keep him imho. I could see Hughes making an immediate impact if he's paired with Tanev.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Actually, not true. The reason why we want him is mainly due to filling our greatest positional need without having to sacrifice one of our core players. Also, does not hurt that he and Rielly have shown chemistry together, as that's exactly where he'd be slotted for us.

...but Vancouver will keep him imho. I could see Hughes making an immediate impact if he's paired with Tanev.
Agreed. Most leafs fan want tanev because he is a solid rightside dman who could be had at a reasonable price (due to injury concerns). I would trade a 1st and a b type prospect. Maybe someone like rasanen or holl?
The equivalen to a first and a second. He carries risk but is a solid dman

lawrence

May 19, 2012

Tanev
Conditional second

For

Conditional first
Conditional second
Conditional fifth.

another WTF moment coming from a leafs fan.

we are a big enough fan base to have some fans wanting him traded, but the reason behind that is only for rebuild purposes and a good return. To say ALL canuck fans want him gone is extremely unproven. It's like me saying ALL LEAFS FANS THINK MATTHEWS IS BETTER THEN MCJESUS. how does that make you feel? I can tell you right now I post here and CAnucks.com a lot of fans like Tanev's game and rather him stay to mentor the up and comings.

that said props to your offer, it's actually reasonable far more then the ones that are saying he's only worth a 4th take it or leave it b.s

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
Agreed. Most leafs fan want tanev because he is a solid rightside dman who could be had at a reasonable price (due to injury concerns). I would trade a 1st and a b type prospect. Maybe someone like rasanen or holl?
The equivalen to a first and a second. He carries risk but is a solid dman
I disagree. Tanev won't be traded because his value is too low to trade him due to his injury history.

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
another WTF moment coming from a leafs fan.

we are a big enough fan base to have some fans wanting him traded, but the reason behind that is only for rebuild purposes and a good return. To say ALL canuck fans want him gone is extremely unproven. It's like me saying ALL LEAFS FANS THINK MATTHEWS IS BETTER THEN MCJESUS. how does that make you feel? I can tell you right now I post here and CAnucks.com a lot of fans like Tanev's game and rather him stay to mentor the up and comings.

that said props to your offer, it's actually reasonable far more then the ones that are saying he's only worth a 4th take it or leave it b.s
His offer is an obvious troll job. Our second round pic could end up being only a few pics after their first. I am sure if he stated his condition they would all be based on how many games Tanev plays which isn't realistically going to happen if Tanev is traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad