Proposal: I WANT TANEV!!!!! (TOR/VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMMOOOWWW

Dec 1, 2017
BC
I live in Van , I've watched years of Vancouver Games. Tanev is a very good D-Man, Good... Not Great. So lets talk about how many games he plays each season. People say a First + ….I say ill keep watching him in Van. Go Leafs Go

Reactions: FishManSam

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Vancouver needs to add Brock...aka, no dice. Kadri and his sweet sweet contract are staying put. ;)

“Add Brock”. We wouldn’t trade Brock straight up for Kadri and Gardiner let alone add Tanev and Sutter.

What were Tanev's playoff stats last year? Can't find 'em.

You have to look at the bottom of the list, close to where Auston Matthews 2018 playoff production is.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
“Add Brock”. We wouldn’t trade Brock straight up for Kadri and Gardiner let alone add Tanev and Sutter.

You have to look at the bottom of the list, close to where Auston Matthews 2018 playoff production is.
I see numbers in the GP column for AM.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
I see numbers in the GP column for AM.

You do? Cause I watched that whole series and I don’t think I saw Matthews at all. Either way, saying anything about Tanev not being in the playoffs is utterly ridiculous considering he’s on a very bad team

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
You do? Cause I watched that whole series and I don’t think I saw Matthews at all. Either way, saying anything about Tanev not being in the playoffs is utterly ridiculous considering he’s on a very bad team
You didn't see him? He was number 34. You had to have seen him.

IWD

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Canuck fans seem to be really high on Tanev. Sounds like they should keep him so that he and Edler can mentor the next generation of Canucks. With luck and a couple more top ten picks, they should be able to compete for a playoff spot in 2020.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
He is a defense 1st (and quite good at it) player....which we don't have, which in turn would be beneficial.

Well aware of what his strengths are, I'm simply confused by the repeated outlay of disproportionate assets being either requested from the Canucks fan base for Tanev or proposed from our side for him when his health is clearly compromised.

I liked Carlo Coliacovo when he was "on". Were I from another fanbase, I wouldn't have clamored to shift 1st round assets for him, mindful of his injury history.

This to say, Robidas Island should be full by now.

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
Tanev is the most overrated player on HF. Vancouver fans do nothing but talk of his defensive brilliance prior to offering him in every garbage trade proposal they can think of. It makes one wonder, if he's such a great player why is he always the guy Van fan wants to trade? Stay away, don't buy the manufactured hype. If you want a defensive defenseman sign Brooks Orpik or something, don't trade good assets for this plug. Jeff Finger 2.0

Reactions: RCS and Walshy7

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Tanev is the most overrated player on HF. Vancouver fans do nothing but talk of his defensive brilliance prior to offering him in every garbage trade proposal they can think of. It makes one wonder, if he's such a great player why is he always the guy Van fan wants to trade? Stay away, don't buy the manufactured hype. If you want a defensive defenseman sign Brooks Orpik or something, don't trade good assets for this plug. Jeff Finger 2.0

1. If you don't want to believe Vancouver fans, that's fine, but place some blame on Connor McDavid & co for manufacturing the Chris Tanev hype train CHRIS TANEV PRAISED BY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMMATES FOR GOLD-MEDAL PERFORMANCE

2. Not every Canucks fan wants him traded, just the handful that think a scorched-earth rebuild is the best course of action like the pre-McDavid Oilers, and the pre-Jets Atlanta Thrashers. Logical fans know that you can't ice a team full of youngsters with zero veterans. Same fans that want Tanev traded are likely the ones that would love to see an u20 opening night Canucks blueline of:

Olli Juolevi-Quinn Hughes
Guillaume Brisebois-Jett Woo
Jack Rathbone-Matt Brassard

:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: nucks88

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC

It's not that difficult a concept. The Canucks are in no position to win over the next couple of years and Tanev is our most valuable trading asset. We want futures and picks.

He isnt garbage - he is a valuable bargaining chip for us.

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
It's not that difficult a concept. The Canucks are in no position to win over the next couple of years and Tanev is our most valuable trading asset. We want futures and picks.

He isnt garbage - he is a valuable bargaining chip for us.
Tanev isn't your most valuable trading asset. I'm pretty sure your first round picks are more valuable, and there's a handful of players on that roster who would get more in trade. Tanev isn't the best trade chip, he's just the trade chip van fan would prefer to move because he doesn't help much. He's the vancouver equivalent of Ryder, Halak and a 2nd when the Habs wanted an upgrade back in the day, or Tyler Bozak when he was still with the Leafs. Every fan base has a crummy player/package they think should be able to get their team an upgrade, and Tanev is Vancouver's. Nobody wants that guy or he would already be traded. Why hasn't he been? He's on an allegedly good contract and he plays a position every contender wants to upgrade, he plays for a rebuilding squad, yet there he is still wearing an orca on his chest. Weird eh? It's almost like he's not as valuable as everyone thinks.

Reactions: thunder16

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
The Canucks are is a similar place to where the Leafs were three years ago. (Maybe a little better, in fact, but close enough that the point stands.). If the Leafs had an asset like Tanev at that point, we Leaf fans would also have expected him to be traded as part of a rebuild. We would have been filling the boards with proposals, a lot of them hugely uhhh, optimistic also. It’s no reflection on the player.

Full disclosure: I lived in Vancouver until last year and saw lots of Tanev. A healthy Tanev is a very impressive Dman. It’s that word “healthy” that’s the tricky part, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad