Proposal: I WANT TANEV!!!!! (TOR/VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenwolf88

Nov 27, 2017
I'd do Brown for Tanev 1 for 1. Thats a fair trade for Vancouver and anything more than that isn't worth the time.

member 290103

I'd do Brown for Tanev 1 for 1. Thats a fair trade for Vancouver and anything more than that isn't worth the time.

The get lost enjoy your collection of turnstiles on that putrid defense. I'll enjoy watching TO get it's clock cleaned again next playoff season and you can come back and rail on about how you don't "need" Tanev.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
The get lost enjoy your collection of turnstiles on that putrid defense. I'll enjoy watching TO get it's clock cleaned again next playoff season and you can come back and rail on about how you don't "need" Tanev.
Talk about jaded! Lol. Our defense isn’t all that bad. Reilly is a #1, Gardiner takes a lot of crap due to his brutal game 7 but he’s a good dman in his own right. Zaitsev was great the year before and could have a bounce back year. We’ll have Dermott for a full season. Hainsey was overplayed last year and as the year wore on it was evident, but if we use him correctly he could be a stud once again. Ozhiganov is an unknown but for all we know could be a stud. Does Sandin challenge to play now? Can Liljegren step into the lineup? Borgman is a beast and i really like his game. Rosen showed up big in the AHL playoffs as did Marincin. Not to mention the last time we called up an AHL dman he went on to score a goal per game (2 games, 2 goals). I think we’ll be ok ;)
Plus, what’s it gonna matter when we score 10 goals a game? ;)

Last edited:

member 290103

Talk about jaded! Lol. Our defense isn’t all that bad. Reilly is a #1, Gardiner takes a lot of crap due to his brutal game 7 but he’s a good dman in his own right. Zaitsev was great the year before and could have a bounce back year. We’ll have Dermott for a full season. Hainsey was overplayed last year and as the year wore on it was evident, but if we use him correctly he could be a stud once again. Ozhiganov is an unknown but for all we know could be a stud. Does Sandin challenge to play now? Can Liljegren step into the lineup? Borgman is a beast and i really like his game. Rosen showed up big in the AHL playoffs as did Marincin. Not to mention the last time we called up an AHL dman he went on to score a goal per game (2 games, 2 goals). I think we’ll be ok ;)
Plus, what’s it gonna matter when we score 10 goals a game? ;)

-Reilly is not a #1
-Gardiner is a turnstile
-Zaitsev is a turnstile
-Dermott is unproven
-Hainsey is replacement level
-Sandin? Cman.

Your D is shit and you could not score your way of your issues last year. Playoffs are a different animal.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Well the Canucks can't match the Leafs for playoff appearances and success for the last decade or so that's for sure...:sarcasm:
Serious Q:

How many games did he play last year and was he effective?
Reason I ask is VAN had 32 more goals against and apparently have a vastly superior defence to the Toronto Turnstiles.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Serious Q:

Reason I ask is VAN had 32 more goals against and apparently have a vastly superior defence to the Toronto Turnstiles.
GA are a team stat. Tanev keeps that number from being even bigger. The majoruty of the Vancouver D is AHl level

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Serious Q:

You are correct he is worthless and not worthy to don the blue and white ....I want this shit to stop even more than you and all other Leaf fans...we need him to mentor our young guys coming in...I don't want to trade him..

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
You are correct he is worthless and not worthy to don the blue and white ....I want this **** to stop even more than you and all other Leaf fans...we need him to mentor our young guys coming in...I don't want to trade him..
I was asking you an honest question. Get off the ledge. I don't watch your team.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
What about " I don't want to trade him" don't you understand...I don't have to back that up in any way to you or anyone else...I am not on any "ledge"...:laugh:
Ok, good. I don't want him.

I was simply asking about his impact on your team's D and another poster was more than helpful in his/her reply.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Ok, good. I don't want him.

I was simply asking about his impact on your team's D and another poster was more than helpful in his/her reply.
Good ...I hope he was able to answer that last year playoff stats question you had...very "level-headed " question...:thumbu:

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
What about " I don't want to trade him" don't you understand...I don't have to back that up in any way to you or anyone else...I am not on any "ledge"...:laugh:
I don't understand this position on Tanev that seems to be pretty common among Canucks fans. Removing the Leafs from the equation - Tanev is pretty unlikely to still be good when your team comes out of the rebuild (and I do think Benning has done a nice job in the draft/with trades recently, so the cupboard's not bare, just those guys are a while away from propelling the team to contention), Tanev's really unlikely to be good when your team is contending, and in the meantime he just hurts your chances of getting a Jack Hughes or Alexis Lafreniere in the next couple of years that could be the face of the franchise with a really nice supporting cast

The "here to mentor the kids" argument also seems flimsy to me, good coaches and reasonable cost/term UFA pickups serve the same purpose, and Tanev is worth something now that could help when the team is good

I took this same position on guys like Bozak, JVR, etc when the Leafs were bad, I think we should have dealt that group this year even. Better to have the team peak higher and for longer than keep the team out of the basement now

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Let me tell you about my little maneuver during the Battle of Tanev:

1449769.jpg

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
-Reilly is not a #1
-Gardiner is a turnstile
-Zaitsev is a turnstile
-Dermott is unproven
-Hainsey is replacement level
-Sandin? Cman.

Your D is **** and you could not score your way of your issues last year. Playoffs are a different animal.
Don’t pretend you know anything about the Leafs defense, cause clearly you don’t. You’re just upset we finally have a legitimate contender and the Nucks are going nowhere fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad