Post-Game Talk: I hate the Leafs, redux

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Watching the highlights it really did seem like the Wings could've scored more. Berggren hitting the post on a wide open net. Bertuzzi missing a slam dunk opportunity.

Great job by Bert screening on Mo's goal too.

Reactions: ColdToiletSeats

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I never want to see Seider play with Chiarot again. Jake Walman is typically a bottom pairing quality guy (playing like a mid pairing guy so far this year, pretty solid), and the difference in what Seider can do playing with a bang average player like that instead of Chiarot is absolutely insane. You can put Mo with anyone except for Chiarot and he's a bonafide #1 Dman.

And I'm not a hater, I get full well that Chiarot has been better in a lesser role against weaker competition too

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Chariot has gotten ragged on a lot this season and for good reason. But I thought this was his best game this season. He was hitting everything that moves which is when he is at his best. He also make a smart play on that empty net goal.
Yes he is better away from Seider but he has a place on this team when he is making it miserable to come into the Detroit zone.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I never want to see Seider play with Chiarot again. Jake Walman is typically a bottom pairing quality guy (playing like a mid pairing guy so far this year, pretty solid), and the difference in what Seider can do playing with a bang average player like that instead of Chiarot is absolutely insane. You can put Mo with anyone except for Chiarot and he's a bonafide #1 Dman.

And I'm not a hater, I get full well that Chiarot has been better in a lesser role against weaker competition too
I agree, some players just don't mesh well together. Seider and Chariot clearly don't.
I wonder if Chairot will mesh with Edvinsson on the bottom pair next season or after the deadline if he is called up.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Chariot has gotten ragged on a lot this season and for good reason. But I thought this was his best game this season. He was hitting everything that moves which is when he is at his best. He also make a smart play on that empty net goal.
Yes he is better away from Seider but he has a place on this team when he is making it miserable to come into the Detroit zone.
A lot of people shit on Chia just to shit on him and blame him for Mo. He's not to blame for the start that Mo has had. That's on Lalonde for keeping them together when they clearly don't have chemistry. They both had good stretches, games, shifts whatever during the season. It just had nothing to do with the two of them playing together. It was always them independently doing something good. Splitting them up and having them do their thing on opposite pairings was always the best choice.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I agree, some players just don't mesh well together. Seider and Chariot clearly don't.
I wonder if Chairot will mesh with Edvinsson on the bottom pair next season or after the deadline if he is called up.
I have reservations about Chia and Ed on a pairing. Ed is a possession fluid kind of defenseman. Chia is chaos and disruption. I'd much rather Ed play with Mo or Hronek.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
I’ll be the first to admit that I thought Fabbri would be the odd man out when he came back from injury, but I’m really reallllly liking his game as of late. Kid is playing his heart out. Effort level is second to none. Another good game from him.

Also thought #27 and #90 continued to look extremely solid games. Just need them to start being more regular on the score sheet now

#53 with another point tonight too!

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
My god, both of my teams have played Toronto in the past 24 hours and the amount of whining and crying from their fanbase is insufferable. I dont know if I usually block it out when its other teams but wow.

Anyway, for an expected loss, tonight was awesome. Yeah they were missing Matthews, but Detroit did a great job shutting them down for the most part. Its nice to see actual change considering how the game against Winnipeg went. Hopefully we can build on this as we get ready for the Avs on Monday. I have a feeling we cant overlook CBJ either despite their injuries.

ColdToiletSeats

Jul 10, 2006
Detroit
Leafs just crying about refs.... always have the cry baby excuse .... solid win

I think we can take them out in the first round if we make playoffs.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
My god, both of my teams have played Toronto in the past 24 hours and the amount of whining and crying from their fanbase is insufferable. I dont know if I usually block it out when its other teams but wow.

Anyway, for an expected loss, tonight was awesome. Yeah they were missing Matthews, but Detroit did a great job shutting them down for the most part. Its nice to see actual change considering how the game against Winnipeg went. Hopefully we can build on this as we get ready for the Avs on Monday. I have a feeling we cant overlook CBJ either despite their injuries.
Yeah and we're still missing Vrana. And Bertuzzi ain't 100% yet

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

Walman has played great last 5-10 games. Can he keep it going?
I’ll be the first to admit that I thought Fabbri would be the odd man out when he came back from injury, but I’m really reallllly liking his game as of late. Kid is playing his heart out. Effort level is second to none. Another good game from him.

Also thought #27 and #90 continued to look extremely solid games. Just need them to start being more regular on the score sheet now

#53 with another point tonight too!
3 goals in 4 games, I believe.

Reactions: 13to40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad