Post-Game Talk: I hate the Leafs, redux

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Still can't clear the zone for the life of them. Kinda frustrating.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Everything was pretty good that game.

Wish we'd do a bit better with our chances. We had 3 posts and a bunch of other slam dunks that were shanked.
I agree. I also wish we had a little more of a shoot first mentality, just find at some points we pass up shots

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Everything was pretty good that game.

Wish we'd do a bit better with our chances. We had 3 posts and a bunch of other slam dunks that were shanked.
I thought we had 3 slam dunks, yet no goal.

The best game by Chiarot in wings uniform. Walman is just unbelievable and Hronek was very strong. Seider is getting points.
Berggren is so dynamic. But both he and Seider have to shoot more. Copp very strong game. We finally win special teams battle. We beat 2 good teams at home and score 11 goals

8–1-2 with Bertuzzi in the lineup this year.
Really? He was the sloppiest player on the ice tonight

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
I thought we had 3 slam dunks, yet no goal.

The best game by Chiarot in wings uniform. Walman is just unbelievable and Hronek was very strong. Seider is getting points.
Berggren is so dynamic. But both he and Seider have to shoot more. Copp very strong game. We finally win special teams battle. We beat 2 good teams at home and score 11 goals
Everything else aside, I was impressed by Walman's determination trying to corral the puck with his skate as he was absorbing a stick to the face toward the end there. He seems 100% engaged...

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I’m happy to see how much better Seider is away from Chiarot. He’s been a monster lately. If we had this Seider the first 20 games then Detroit is 10 points better.

Berggren is realgud and a definite top 6er. He’s pretty much what Copp needed on the wing to carry play and create.

Very happy with Fabbri. For all his flaws the guy gives 110% all the time. I love that effort level and it’s contagious.

Husso was amazing. He deserved the shutout instead of that flukey deflection,

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I’m happy to see how much better Seider is away from Chiarot. He’s been a monster lately. If we had this Seider the first 20 games then Detroit is 10 points better.

Berggren is realgud and a definite top 6er. He’s pretty much what Copp needed on the wing to carry play and create.

Very happy with Fabbri. For all his flaws the guy gives 110% all the time. I love that effort level and it’s contagious.

Husso was amazing. He deserved the shutout instead of that flukey deflection,
He shut out the Leafs but not the wings as Larkin scored on him.
Yet I think samsonov outplayed him as he saved some great chances

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
He shut out the Leafs but not the wings as Larkin scored on him.
Yet I think samsonov outplayed him as he saved some great chances

Something must be in the air tonight because there have been some amazing goaltending duels.

NYR - DAL
NYI - MIN
DET - TOR
SEA - BOS

Great goaltending in all of those games. Hell, even Greiss is having a great game in St. Louis.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Everything else aside, I was impressed by Walman's determination trying to corral the puck with his skate as he was absorbing a stick to the face toward the end there. He seems 100% engaged...
I believe it was him and Chiarot who leveled the same guy in front of the net. Walman was maybe the most competitive player tonight. His move at the blue line was even better than the last night, but he didn't score. He had another one along the boards on the right side.
I thought we were a bit sloppy to clean the zone and we didn't capitalise on our slam dunk chances, but we played maybe the best game of the season. Intensity was fantastic. We can see they lack confidence and panic some, but they played well tonight and definitely earned this win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad