Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2h2 hours ago
Power plays:
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader (net front), Tatar, Kronwall
And
Pulkkinen-Datsyuk-Larkin (net front), Richards, Green

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 54m54 minutes ago
Blashill said Mrazek starting tomorrow and Howard Saturday in STL

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 53m53 minutes ago
Blashill said Athanasiou will be sent back to GR when Richards returns, likely tomorrow.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Don't like the second line, its too slow.

I don't have an issue with skating with that line.

Richards looked quicker than expected earlier this year, and Pulkks has shown some burst so far too. More concerned that Richards and Pulkkinen are just 3rd liners in general right now, and being asked to play top 6.

Tatar and Nyquist better still get some healthy IT with these lines or I'll be pissed.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

Richards looked quicker than expected earlier this year, and Pulkks has shown some burst so far too. More concerned that Richards and Pulkkinen are just 3rd liners in general right now, and being asked to play top 6.

Tatar and Nyquist better still get some healthy IT with these lines or I'll be pissed.

They will. No way Blashill only gives them 8 minutes of ice time. This is hopefully a sign that he will cut back on the minutes given to the Glendening line at ES.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I am not looking forwarding to seeing Richards play again. At least Connor McDavid can't hurt him anymore.

Kings game is looking pretty important since i don't expect them to win in St.Louis on the wrong end of a B2B.

12 out of the next 15 games the Wings play will be at home. The most important part of the season is coming up, and they need to start banking points or it's gonna be another make the playoffs on the last day of the season and go golfing ten days later.

Tarasenko is a monster. Only 23 and already has one 70+ point season under his belt.

Last edited:

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation

I don't think the order of the lines are that important, I doubt Nyq & Tats are playing 3rd line minutes. Split time fairly evenly b/w the top 3 I assume.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
why split up the top line and the larkin-datsyuk pairing, stupid...

abby-zetts-nyquist
larkin-datsyuk-pulkinnen(keeps dats and larkin together)
richards-sheahan-tatar(gives the line some more speed)
miller-helm-glendening(move glenny to wing and tell him to get to work)

kronwall-green
kindl-marchenko
dekeyser-ericsson

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
The Red Wings have more goals than Anaheim and Pittsburgh, and only a few less than Tampa.

So... their offense sucks too - what's your point? The Wings have the 5th worst GF/GP, other teams being worse doesn't make the Wings problems any less severe.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
So... their offense sucks too - what's your point?

That scoring is down across the league? The different between 25th in GF and 1st this season is 26 goals. Hell, the difference between 25th and 9th is 11 goals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
That scoring is down across the league? The different between 25th in GF and 1st this season is 26 goals. Hell, the difference between 25th and 9th is 11 goals.

In 19 games, that's a lot of goals. How many more wins would this team have if we scored an extra goal+ a game?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Glad to get the pt but FLA still has a game in-hand so we are not in a playoff spot by p%. Thankfully our division is garbage, need TB to keep losing to make the post season

No... we don't. There is no "we need team X to lose" to make the playoffs a month in. We need to win to make it into the playoffs. If we win games, it won't matter what any other team does. This isn't late March/early April where losses bury you.

The Wings need to play better. What any other team does right now should be of less than zero consequence to them. I mean, you don't get credit for being in the playoffs on November 19th.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
The effect of the extra goal

Game we would have tied (w/o their EN) - OTT, CAR, SJ

Lost in OT (would have another pt) - WSH, CGY

So that is 5 extra points assuming we lose all the games in OT which is unlikely. More likely 6-7 extra points which puts us 3rd in the Eastern Conference and 4th in the league (not taking into account the other teams getting less points).

So 1 gpg would be huge, a little mind blown this is even in question. Having the 26th or 27th worst GPG in the league is a big problem, especially considering that is supposed to be this teams strength

No... we don't. There is no "we need team X to lose" to make the playoffs a month in. We need to win to make it into the playoffs. If we win games, it won't matter what any other team does. This isn't late March/early April where losses bury you.

The Wings need to play better. What any other team does right now should be of less than zero consequence to them. I mean, you don't get credit for being in the playoffs on November 19th.

I strongly disagree with you

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This is why the team is not good. Despite having great depth up front they play with no cohesion, tempo, or grit. It is a huge problem.
"great depth"

*sees Drew Miller on the 3rd line*

With Richards back the lines are at least starting to resemble "great depth". We still need to get more out of many guys, but if we can actually play the top 9 some real minutes instead of sending the 4th line out there 15 minutes per game it will help our offense.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I strongly disagree with you

That's your prerogative, but it just seems to be missing the point to be saying "we need Tampa to keep losing". The Wings need to play well. If they play well, they'll make the playoffs. If they don't, they won't.

Why worry about what someone else is doing when your own house is in shambles?

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
I have my doubts about these lines but i hope im wrong

abby-zetts-nyquist
larkin-datsyuk-pulkinnen(keeps dats and larkin together)
richards-sheahan-tatar(gives the line some more speed)
miller-helm-glendening(move glenny to wing and tell him to get to work)

theses look good

Last edited:

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
That's your prerogative, but it just seems to be missing the point to be saying "we need Tampa to keep losing". The Wings need to play well. If they play well, they'll make the playoffs. If they don't, they won't.

Why worry about what someone else is doing when your own house is in shambles?

Ignoring the fact that other teams have an enormous impact on if we make the playoffs is foolish IMO. Who was it that said a GM was pumped about their competitors losing a game in Nov and they(the storyteller) were surprised the GM was following their competitors already. It matters in this NHL with loser points and parity up the wahoo

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
The Wings are just lucky that they play in the Atlantic. Hopefully they can tread water until they figure things out.

Can't imagine being in the Central how beaten up the Wings would get. Kenny got us out just in the nick of time.

The Red Wings should be concerned when they play as good as last night and cannot put in more than 1 goal. I may have been a little high but I felt that was about the best performance I've seen the guys put up this season. The entire team was working well together, good movement from Ericsson to Helm, Nyquist, etc. etc. We finally look like the Red Wings but it isn't good enough. :dunno:

Surprised the criticism of Z. He's playing like a boss. May be not as dominant as the 1st weeks but compared to how crippled he was last season I'm thrilled to see him involved and dangerous again.

I'm just not excited Richards is returning, I hope he can prove me wrong. I feel like we established a little positive momentum last game and now the lines are screwed up yet again. Blashill juggles lines too much in my opinion. NHL coaches don't fidget with lines every game let alone multiple times a game. Find some lines that make sense and give them time to build some chemistry. Guaranteed Richards- D- Pulkks will not stick, why even attempt it? :shakehead

Interested to see how we stack up vs. our old western foes this weekend. Again I like the Wings chances there is no reason we can't get on a roll and string together some wins.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Can't imagine being in the Central how beaten up the Wings would get. Kenny got us out just in the nick of time.

The Red Wings should be concerned when they play as good as last night and cannot put in more than 1 goal. I may have been a little high but I felt that was about the best performance I've seen the guys put up this season. The entire team was working well together, good movement from Ericsson to Helm, Nyquist, etc. etc. We finally look like the Red Wings but it isn't good enough. :dunno:

Surprised the criticism of Z. He's playing like a boss. May be not as dominant as the 1st weeks but compared to how crippled he was last season I'm thrilled to see him involved and dangerous again.

I'm just not excited Richards is returning, I hope he can prove me wrong. I feel like we established a little positive momentum last game and now the lines are screwed up yet again. Blashill juggles lines too much in my opinion. NHL coaches don't fidget with lines every game let alone multiple times a game. Find some lines that make sense and give them time to build some chemistry. Guaranteed Richards- D- Pulkks will not stick, why even attempt it? :shakehead

Interested to see how we stack up vs. our old western foes this weekend. Again I like the Wings chances there is no reason we can't get on a roll and string together some wins.

I skeptical of Richards too, but even if he isnt the fastest, he is very smart and a slick and creative passer, we could really use him right now. Though I wouldve started him off on the third line until he gets back upto speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad