Post-Game Talk: I hate OT this year

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Why the **** do we put Zetterberg out there in OT? Hes the slowest skater in the league. If he's on the ice and we don't have the puck it's a guaranteed loss because every team will skate circles around him until they score

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Well played Heaton:laugh:

Take the point, shame Datsyuk blew a tire, we never got the puck back. Good first couple periods. They need to do a better job staying out of the box.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Never got the puck back after Datsyuk fell. Need to stop using Datsyuk and Zetterberg together on 3 on 3. They are to slow

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Mrazek needs to start contributing some offense or we should trade him. I mean, stopping all but one shot against is fine and all, but we need to score goals too.:shakehead

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Win or lose, 3v3 is garbage. At least we got a point and we didn't need CC and Williams to shut down Ovi. Not often you can take that many penalties against Washington and say that so that's a victory of sorts.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Win or lose, 3v3 is garbage. At least we got a point and we didn't need CC and Williams to shut down Ovi. Not often you can take that many penalties against Washington and say that so that's a victory of sorts.

It's much better than a shootout.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Datsyuk and Z are waaay too slow to have out there together.

You don't need speed out there for 3 on 3.

You need guys who maintain possession of the puck and those 2 are among the best in the world at that.

If Datsyuk doesn't fall down out of nowhere there, they never lose control of the puck and either we're celebrating or the game is still going.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
DIdn't see the game but looks like they were really trying to get Ovi the goal with all those PPs.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Z-Datsyuk-Kindl is a terrible idea in OT. I think Blashill had Z-Dats-Kronwall out there last OT which is just as bad.

With Helm, Larkin, Tatar, Nyquist, Athanasiou.. there is no excuse to not always have at least 1 speedy guy on the ice in OT. Poor job by Blashill lost us a chance at the extra point.

Overall a solid game, we could have won the game in the 2nd period but we can't score. Pulkkinen and Helm both had breakways, one needs to score. Bad 3rd period, but at least PK got the job done for the most part.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Brutal third period, but not bad otherwise. Not gonna win many games if you're shorthanded that much.

Mrazek
Larkin

That's it.

Edit: actually, Hem third star

Actual Thought*

This team just sucks so bad. They aren't even entertaining anymore.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI

You need guys who maintain possession of the puck and those 2 are among the best in the world at that.

If Datsyuk doesn't fall down out of nowhere there, they never lose control of the puck and either we're celebrating or the game is still going.

I was about to say...

Just bad luck Datsyuk falling down. They didn't rebound after that.

Aug 6, 2012

Have to disagree. Though you *might* not need it when you have the puck, its crucial when you don't in my opinion. Z and Dats are ridiculously slow and its not like we have a burner back on D to help out. Pair them with speed and I have no problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad