Post-Game Talk: I hate OT this year

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
No way larkin was one of our best players tonight. All he did was turn the puck over and take penalties

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I was just coming here to say that it makes no sense to put D&Z together out to start 3 on 3. Apparently I'm not the only one with this opinion. They're too slow. This is where Larkin, Tatar and Nyquist need to be chosen over D&Z.

If we had any goal scoring abilities, we would have won in regulation. What does it take for Darren Helm to score a goal? He honestly would struggle to score on a soccer net. We don't have enough goal scorers, and that is clearly reflected in our goals per game average.

Mrazek must hate his teammates. We never score any goals when he plays.

Hooray for loser points! Not good enough. We will be right back to under .500 after back to back games against L.A and St.Louis. Would have been nice to bank a W here.

Arytonblue

Oct 30, 2015
LOL at Kindl starting the 3 on 3, really feel sorry for Mrazek, brilliant again tonight, completely sold out by the rest of the team, again. Serious worries about this team right now, can't get a good run of form going, no consistency, can't score for shít and can't seem to play a full 60 mins on any night. Rubbish.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Have to disagree. Though you *might* not need it when you have the puck, its crucial when you don't in my opinion. Z and Dats are ridiculously slow and its not like we have a burner back on D to help out. Pair them with speed and I have no problem.

Disagree all you want.

I'll take a slow guy who keeps the puck on his stick over a guy like Helm who has speed but turns it over.

Speed is much more useful in a 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 situation but in 3 on 3, the ONLY thing that matters is possession.

You don't take low risk shots, you don't want faceoffs, you don't make risky passes and you never dump the puck in.

If you look at all the games the Wings have won in the 3 on 3's the opposition barely touched the puck, if they did at all.

Tasteslikekevinbacon

Oct 26, 2013
Ontario, canada
Well it was a hockey game. One team played good, and the other a little less good. It all comes down to goals and more often than not if you score more goals you win.

Also, whats up with the guys falling? Is that Blashill? Is that something he can do with his mind?

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
No way larkin was one of our best players tonight. All he did was turn the puck over and take penalties

Agree with this, I put him as the 3rd star because no one else deserves it and at least he scored a goal lol.

Helm was our best skater I would say, most will disagree maybe because of the bias for Larkin and the bias against Helm around here :p

Aug 6, 2012
Z has been bad for a while now. He honestly might be the slowest skater in the NHL :laugh:

Overall happy with the performance. Kindl is on the ice way too much.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Well it was a hockey game. One team played good, and the other a little less good. It all comes down to goals and more often than not if you score more goals you win.

Also, whats up with the guys falling? Is that Blashill? Is that something he can do with his mind?

Most likely bad ice. Saw a few caps and wings players fall in that same area as Datsyuk did in overtime

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
The only thing more invisible than an aging Henrik Zetterberg is some nerd casting an invisibility spell in dungeons and dragons

Aug 6, 2012
Disagree all you want.

I'll take a slow guy who keeps the puck on his stick over a guy like Helm who has speed but turns it over.

Speed is much more useful in a 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 situation but in 3 on 3, the ONLY thing that matters is possession.

You don't take low risk shots, you don't want faceoffs, you don't make risky passes and you never dump the puck in.

If you look at all the games the Wings have won in the 3 on 3's the opposition barely touched the puck, if they did at all.

I wasn't talking about Helm. What about speed AND skill? Larkin, Tats, Nyquist, AA... lots of options to put out there paired with one of D&Z. Speed is more important in 3v3 than 4v4 or ES in my opinion, it leads to not just more possession but plenty more chances. Its man-on-man out there, if you can blow past your opponent it makes things a lot easier.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Tatar didn't deserve to sniff the ice in OT after the game he just had. I would have preferred the following units.

Datsyuk
Larkin
Green

Zetterberg
Nyquist
Kronwall

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Agree with this, I put him as the 3rd star because no one else deserves it and at least he scored a goal lol.

Helm was our best skater I would say, most will disagree maybe because of the bias for Larkin and the bias against Helm around here :p

Agree Helm was our best skater in my opinion tonight, but as always no ability to convert. Probably would go Sheahan next...

Larkin and Datsyuk had trouble outside of the one connection but that was mostly because of the boat anchor on their line that was our worst forward tonight in Tatar.

Tatar and DeKeyser were brutal tonight... Just awful, no way around it. We need more from those guys, Nyquist was also quiet and benched it seemed for a while, but at least he was mistake free when he was out there, not the trainwreck performance that the other two young guns we are really counting on provided.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
LOL at Kindl starting the 3 on 3, really feel sorry for Mrazek, brilliant again tonight, completely sold out by the rest of the team, again. Serious worries about this team right now, can't get a good run of form going, no consistency, can't score for shít and can't seem to play a full 60 mins on any night. Rubbish.

I don't even mind Kindl starting the 3 on 3. More like LOL at a 37 year old and a 35 year old starting OT. I love Dats & Z, 2 of my all time favorite players, but they have no business starting the OT. It's all about speed, we have so many better options.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Disagree all you want.

Most 3 on 3's end from either a 50/50 puck being grabbed and roofed top shelf or an odd man rush the other way. You don't see cycling down low scoring in 3 on 3 which is the Datsyuk and Zetterberg special.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

Kindl hasn't been the issue. I've actually been happy with his game of late.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I wasn't talking about Helm. What about speed AND skill? Larkin, Tats, Nyquist, AA... lots of options to put out there paired with one of D&Z. Speed is more important in 3v3 than 4v4 or ES in my opinion, it leads to not just more possession but plenty more chances. Its man-on-man out there, if you can blow past your opponent it makes things a lot easier.

This guy is right. All about speed in 3 on 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad