Post-Game Talk: I don't care who we played, I finally liked what we saw

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
I think the majority of the board will hate Howard's contract very soon. 6 years was absolutely ridiculous...

I think it very dangerous to give goalies long term contracts, there have been to many examples of goalies not living up to thier contracts in the past. But Howard certainly CAN play better than what he have this season, so well...just hope that he gets hot again.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I hope that this is Howard's career bad outlier year (so far). If I were a gm I on principle wouldn't like to give a goaltender a deal more than 4-5 tops on principle.

I'll take the 2 points we got today. Doesn't say much but I'll take it. The griffins could probably beat the sabres more often than not. Caught the third period but missed the first two due to dinner with my family being more important than the game.

Really like helm so far this year. Curious to see if this will be his draper like stat outlier year. Franzen appears to finally be clicking on all cylinders now so maybe his slow start was just injury related. Really like what alfie has brought in the 20 he has played as well. .8 ppg for a man closer to 40 than 30 is really good so far. Lashoff has looked good as a #6 so far this year so props to him as well.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I hope that this is Howard's career bad outlier year (so far). If I were a gm I on principle wouldn't like to give a goaltender a deal more than 4-5 tops on principle.

I'll take the 2 points we got today. Doesn't say much but I'll take it. The griffins could probably beat the sabres more often than not. Caught the third period but missed the first two due to dinner with my family being more important than the game.

Really like helm so far this year. Curious to see if this will be his draper like stat outlier year. Franzen appears to finally be clicking on all cylinders now so maybe his slow start was just injury related. Really like what alfie has brought in the 20 he has played as well. .8 ppg for a man closer to 40 than 30 is really good so far. Lashoff has looked good as a #6 so far this year so props to him as well.

Howard looks a little out of it this year. I think he'll get better. He just needs to find some confidence. Get a couple of wins and he'll start playing better. His team needs to pull him up right now and that means not hanging him out to dry and getting him some goals.

Franzen is looking good, I hope it was an injury thing, but honestly he's looked gassed to me since last pre-season. I remember watching him in camp and he looked slower than everyone not named Dan Cleary. I hope he can get it together because when Franzen is on he is a steal of a contract.

I don't think this is going to be an outlier year for Helm, because unlike Drapes he is doing this at 26. Maybe he spent the past year looking at tape and working on his shot some. I don't expect this point pace to keep up, but Helm has the chances to be a consistent 40pt guy if he just learned to shoot slightly better and that is what he is doing right now.

Alfie is great. I'm really hoping to see he and Dats play together when Dats gets back. I think Alfie, Dats, Bert could be a great second line.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Alfie is great. I'm really hoping to see he and Dats play together when Dats gets back. I think Alfie, Dats, Bert could be a great second line.

I really, really hope so on this point. I am so sick and tired of seeing dats lugging around 2 piano pullers on his line. I can live with one being with him but please drw give him at least one person worth playing with.

I like how our top 9 has been performing hopefully weiss will eventually get er going as well but I'm willing to give him 40 games or so due to his injuries, rust, and night and day change of a hockey system he has been going threw.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Both teams got fluke goals but I felt like Buffalo really got the better scoring chances. Gustavsson has got to be the #1 star for that game. I liked Z's game too. The kids (Tatar, Nyquist) both drew penalties with their skating and effort.

Still nothing good to say about Cleary or Sammy. Or Quincey or Kindl. Lots of dead weight that needs to be gotten rid of so some more kids can get a shot with the big club.

With that being said, a win is a win. I'm just a bit concerned with how much we struggled against a pretty bad Sabres squad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad