Post-Game Talk: I don't care who we played, I finally liked what we saw

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I like what I saw, as well. They seemed a little pissed off. As rightly they should be.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I didn't really like what I saw, which was a pretty even game for the most part against the worst in the league, but we got it done. Happy with the 2 points, happy to see the kids bringing some speed to the game, happy with having a reliable back-up.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Young guns played well. Nyquist and Tatar are all over the puck. Monster looked A ok. Not a great game but I'll take the win

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
How I feel about tonight's game.
1366.gif

Helm
Z
Nyquist

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Gustavsson wins, Howard...not so much
He definitely made some big saves but let's keep it real, they were playing Buffalo and for a lot of the game Detroit looked just like them.

I wasn't overly impressed but they did manage to win in regulation. Which is admittedly a weird feeling.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Gustavsson
Helm
Zetterberg

Nyquist, Franzen, Alfie, Abby, Tatar, and Andy all play well. Our D weren't too bad. I liked what I saw too -- all w/o Pavel

Idc if it's Buffalo, everyone plays us hard.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
So you did watch?

He suffers from battered fan syndrome. He knows it's wrong but he keeps coming back and can't quit.

The Game
I generally liked what I saw. Most everyone played well. Despite a few brainfarts, even Cleary and Quincey played okay, relative to their normal play.

Nyquist for one of the stars for sure. He hustled his ass off tonight, just like every night. Love seeing him pull off those Datsyuk things.

The powerplay moved around better, still not as much as I'd like, but definitely better than last night. Please just put Alfie on the left side and let him rip shots over and over. We went out and acquired him for his right handed shot, let's put him in a position for it to do damage.

Z worked hard, duh.

I thought Smith looked pretty good too, save for one flub. He was generating stuff in the offensive zone.

Weiss still no points, but he looked okay out there imo. Especially that one set up to Sammy I think? Made a couple great moves and set him up right in the slot. But poor Weiss, doesn't he know that's just another logo hunter save for Miller?

Tatar played a better game in terms of turnovers and was definitely buzzing around the O zone as usual.

Andersson played maybe his best game of the season.

Brandel*

Some of you guys seem to forget that we were missing our best player.

Anyway, Gus needs more starts, I honestly think they would have scored more than 1 if Howard was playing.

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
Didn't get too watch because the Grey Cup is on. I mean, a win is a win.... but Abdelkader playing a minute and a half more than Zetterberg. Why...?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad