Post-Game Talk: I did, however, start Henrik Lundqvist (afternoon games suck)

danincanada

Feb 11, 2008
Definitely the worst effort we've seen from the team in a while. Babs has been getting some great games out of this lineup since the Olympics so it was probably time for let down. Plus the early game and condensed schedule probably didn't help either. Either way, can't afford anymore of these down the stretch.

I agree with many here, watching this game on NBC was painful - I should have muted the TV. Granted, the team didn't play well but Olczyk was pathetic. They ran with the "subtle interference" thing all game even though the Rangers were just as bad. Lundqvist suddenly had a problem with his mask when there was pressure in his zone, their D clearly knocked the net off later in the game, and MSL dove twice. The guy has tree trunk legs yet they gave out on him when Franzen bumped him and Quincey cross checked him. Lost a lot of respect for him in this game.

What was funny as well was when Olczyk said the interference/hook on Miller (?) that lead to the odd man rush on the Rangers first goal wasn't a penalty cause the puck was too far away anyways. Then he was crying for a penalty on Alfredsson later in the game when he was trying to defend with some slight hooking/grabbing. "Edzo" or whatever they call him is such a joke.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
I don't believe anyone here really thinks Gustavsson is responsible for over 1 goal for per game. Speaking for myself, I have made the claim that if Gustavsson were in we would have scored 4 goals- but it was always completely tongue-in-cheek. And I imagine it's the same with other posters. It's just a very bizarre and kind of hilarious phenomenon that I'm sure comes down to not much more than dumb luck.

Look back over the past two pages. It's not.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I really do think we get more offense in part because Monster is all over the place and has virtually no rebound control. So the puck is really in play a lot, his unorthodox style has to cause some of this. But in games he starts we are much more interested in trading chances and it does seem to happen more often. It doesn't explain the whole thing it is certainly a strange stat, but it is worth noting he is the kind of goalie that kind of causes an open transition game.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I really do think we get more offense in part because Monster is all over the place and has virtually no rebound control. So the puck is really in play a lot, his unorthodox style has to cause some of this. But in games he starts we are much more interested in trading chances and it does seem to happen more often. It doesn't explain the whole thing it is certainly a strange stat, but it is worth noting he is the kind of goalie that kind of causes an open transition game.

The sample size is small enough it could easily be chance.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Howard has no rebound control lately either. Except his rebounds always end up in the back of our net for some reason.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Definitely the worst effort we've seen from the team in a while. Babs has been getting some great games out of this lineup since the Olympics so it was probably time for let down. Plus the early game and condensed schedule probably didn't help either. Either way, can't afford anymore of these down the stretch.

I agree with many here, watching this game on NBC was painful - I should have muted the TV. Granted, the team didn't play well but Olczyk was pathetic. They ran with the "subtle interference" thing all game even though the Rangers were just as bad. Lundqvist suddenly had a problem with his mask when there was pressure in his zone, their D clearly knocked the net off later in the game, and MSL dove twice. The guy has tree trunk legs yet they gave out on him when Franzen bumped him and Quincey cross checked him. Lost a lot of respect for him in this game.

What was funny as well was when Olczyk said the interference/hook on Miller (?) that lead to the odd man rush on the Rangers first goal wasn't a penalty cause the puck was too far away anyways. Then he was crying for a penalty on Alfredsson later in the game when he was trying to defend with some slight hooking/grabbing. "Edzo" or whatever they call him is such a joke.

I used to like MSL, but the diving last game was the worst I've seen.:rant:
Disgusting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad