Post-Game Talk: I did, however, start Henrik Lundqvist (afternoon games suck)

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
i can't think of a single player who had a good game

just an overall lousy team effort. 4th game in 6 days probably doesn't help but still...

and i'm sure howard is going to get a the bulk of the blame even though the wings couldn't score a single goal

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Nothing to take out this one. Get some much needed rest and get ready to skate on Tuesday in Columbus.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Lousy game. I hate watching the Rangers and that system though.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
You could tell they were gassed.

Sheahan was the only forward with a good game, the rest were bad to brutal.

Last goal by Howard was embarassing.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
That 3rd goal.... what was Howard thinking...

He was out challenging the shot, as he should, but didn't anticipate the pass being early and didn't have enough time to get all the way over.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
That's pretty unrealistic. Even the best goaltenders in the league don't pitch shutouts with any regularity.

Well maybe we would have come back if Howard found a way to keep it at 1-0...when it gets to 3-0 it kinda sinks the team....Howard almost never finds a way to get it done...stop the puck at all costs...Lundquist routinely makes saves he has no business making....when does Howard ever carry the team on his back? He's sure paid like a guy who should occasionally do so...

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
Games like today are reminders that Datsyuk and Zetterberg are out, and this team misses them. The team just couldn't generate a ton of offense, and it seemed like Franzen was just shut down. Howard kept the team in the game for two periods, but that third period was just bad on all accounts. Howard is frustrating, but today there was just nothing generated on offense. I don't know what people realistically expect from him on a game like today. Generate offense, score a couple goals, this game could have turned out much different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad