Hypothetically, if we make the playoffs, who would you rather play?

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Pittsburgh. Time to shut Crosby down again and see that baby whine.

Without Lidstrom, and likely Zetterberg, we can't shut him down. Not to mention, he's a much better player than he was in 2008-2009, and our team defense is a total joke compared to what we had back then.

If Crosby or Malkin get hurt until then, then it's a different story.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Without Lidstrom, and likely Zetterberg, we can't shut him down. Not to mention, he's a much better player than he was in 2008-2009, and our team defense is a total joke compared to what we had back then.

If Crosby or Malkin get hurt until then, then it's a different story.

Luke Glendening just shut Crosby down on latest meeting.

Datsyuk can shut down Malkin and our Kid line will outscore Penguins horrible Bottom6.

That's the plan.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Luke Glendening just shut Crosby down on latest meeting.

Datsyuk can shut down Malkin and our Kid line will outscore Penguins horrible Bottom6.

That's the plan.

Glendening did it once, and that's great.

To expect him to be able to do that every night in a 7 game series is insane.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Glendening did it once, and that's great.

To expect him to be able to do that every night in a 7 game series is insane.

Legwand just shut down Stamkos (who got zero scoring chances on ES against us). We have guys for those duties.

Pittsburgh is really nothing to be feared to about.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Legwand just shut down Stamkos (who got zero scoring chances on ES against us). We have guys for those duties.

Pittsburgh is really nothing to be feared to about.

A 7 game series is much different than an individual game.

Sure, we'll have nights where we contain Stamkos or Crosby. But against these teams in a 7 game series these guys are going to have their nights when they go off too.

Now if we are talking about a player of Zetterberg's caliber, we can contain a talent like Crosby or Toews for an entire series. But if we match up Glendening or Legwand on Stamkos or Crosby, I think there will be nights when they get torched. IMO.

I mean I like Glendening and all, and he's good defensivelyz but Crosby is the best offensive player in the world. I wouldn't just assume Glendening will neutralize him every night in a playoff series. Seems pretty unrealistic to me.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think we just have to live with the fact that they'll get points against us. instead, shut down hard on the secondary scoring. Crosby might put up seven or eight points, but if we shut the rest down, I like our chances. We just can't let Malkin, and Neal, and Niskanen, and...etc. get their points, too.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Malkin is currently injured. And there's no news if he is healthy before the playoffs.

And horrible Carolina is currently kicking in their ass. :D

Love that playoff-Fleury. :yo:

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
One of the main reasons I put down for Boston first round that I will bring up now is that if we do make a run (conference finals) Chances are by then dats won't be doing so well on his knee (if it does need surgery). Z will be back by then and rounding into form but to put the fear of losing into them we need to face them early in the playoffs.

Very good chance that pit doesn't make it past the second round. But if we place 7th and face them if we get past them we get wore out by new york or philly. I would want to see another pit vs det matchup but not this year if both 13 and 40 where at 100% and not coming back from injury at less than 100% it will not end well for us.

Also one thing that people seem to have forgotten is "playoff fleury" for whatever reason doesn't show up against us. He normally plays against us well. And with jimmies lackluster year I don't see him being better than flower in a 7 game series.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
For sure Pens but their PP is ****ing scary....and the refs love to help out Crosby....

+1
Crosby would do the refs all series long and I am not sure they will be able to resist.

We are 2-1 vs Bruins this season and 1-1 (0-1-1) vs Pens.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
CrosbyLinesman.gif

That reaction. That freaking DIVE-mode is just on his DNA. :shakehead

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
CrosbyLinesman.gif

That reaction. That freaking DIVE-mode is just on his DNA. :shakehead

If the ref had a pair of balls he should have given him 2 mins for that. It is disgraceful. No one can convince me otherwise that isn't flat out the epitome of unsportsmanlike conduct.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Hey guys, I can tell that you dont know anything about kung-fu. That linesmen is giving Crosby the "crane death blow". Be glad that the face of hockey is still alive.

Seriously though, it could be that the linesman hand hit him in a vunerable spot on Crobys throat, I think we should give Crosby the benifit of doubt here.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Seriously though, it could be that the linesman hand hit him in a vunerable spot on Crobys throat, I think we should give Crosby the benifit of doubt here.

Seems as if he's hit in such a spot quite often...

On topic: Would love to see Crosby and his ****ing Pens go after the first round.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I'm saying Pittsburgh, it wouldn't be a pretty series but if we have Datsyuk and somehow got Zetterberg back before the series was done, we have a better shot than if we played Boston, no matter how well we play against Boston. Pittsburgh's defense and goaltending has too many question marks.

mizunox

Dec 4, 2008
Boston.
The size vs finesse battle is a classic one and I think that if we get our stars back to play along side of our youngsters we could really do some damage.
Yes we got some breaks tonight but overall we've played well against Boston this year.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Hey guys, I can tell that you dont know anything about kung-fu. That linesmen is giving Crosby the "crane death blow". Be glad that the face of hockey is still alive.

If it was somebody else, yes. But we know him and his diving. No doubt here.

We are 3-1 vs Bruins, 0-1-1 vs Pens. The Bruins might be much better than the Pens but I think we match up better vs Bruins.
If Howard had a good season I would feel confident going vs Pens, but our defence and goaltending are not ready. Though Howard seems better lately.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
One of the main reasons I put down for Boston first round that I will bring up now is that if we do make a run (conference finals) Chances are by then dats won't be doing so well on his knee (if it does need surgery). Z will be back by then and rounding into form but to put the fear of losing into them we need to face them early in the playoffs.

Very good chance that pit doesn't make it past the second round. But if we place 7th and face them if we get past them we get wore out by new york or philly. I would want to see another pit vs det matchup but not this year if both 13 and 40 where at 100% and not coming back from injury at less than 100% it will not end well for us.

Also one thing that people seem to have forgotten is "playoff fleury" for whatever reason doesn't show up against us. He normally plays against us well. And with jimmies lackluster year I don't see him being better than flower in a 7 game series.

He's doing that thing again where he becomes incredible when it gets close to the playoffs, maybe he'll continue it into the playoffs as well. We got to game 7 against the blackhawks largely due to jimmys effort last year, a team who were and still are much better than the penguins.

That said I'd rather play boston. If we want to make a legitimate run, we're GOING to play them at some point. Might as well do it first.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
We are 3-1 vs Bruins, 0-1-1 vs Pens. The Bruins might be much better than the Pens but I think we match up better vs Bruins.

That's the weird part. Actually would doubt no second on choosing the Pens. But as u said, seems as if Bruins suits us better - especially with full strength (Z, Dats, ...).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad