Hypothetically, if we make the playoffs, who would you rather play?

Anchor Town*

Depends on how healthy Pittsburgh gets, but probably still Pittsburgh

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Boston. If we play pitts we should more than likely win but then we would get our ass sent home next round we suck against new york and philly. Plus if you want to be the best you gotta beat the best so bring on boston. We matchup well against them (granted better if we had Z from game 1 on).

jroc86

Jun 12, 2012
Tough call ... probably Pitts though.

Lets a big/heavy/under-rated CBJ go to toe to with Boston and a few injuries pile up.

Ideally we take out Pittsburgh with some huge goaltending, Dats fresh and healthy and maybe even Z returning while everyone else maintains the level of responsibility they've had in their absensce.

Would put us round 2 vs Philly/NYR ... id prefer the Rags. Philly is dirty and will certainly see some guys like Simmonds and Rinaldo trying to agitate and fight Nyquist/Dats/Z at some point and probably end up with a few injuries.

Conference finals would then hopefully be against an overachieving Habs team

The team in the West waiting in the finals will be San Jose in my opinion ... hate them, but I don't see Thornton letting another elite team under his watch fold in the playoffs.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
I'd say Boston. We have played good several times against them and if we were to win, good to knock out the best opponent early before they get rolling.

But, first. Make the Playoffs.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Both these teams are easily better on paper.

But I'll pick Pittsburgh pretty easily. I think they are mentally weak, and can get rattled easily.

Plus I want nothing to do with Rask. And we could get Fleury in that stinky first-round form.

danincanada

Feb 11, 2008
The Pens should be more vulnerable to defeat so I have to go with them. Fleury is still a question mark and so is their D and team defense.

Hypothetically, if it's a given that we're going to lose I'd much rather lose to the Bruins because I can't stand the Pens. If that makes any sense.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
I know Pittsburgh has been really questionable the last couple years in the playoffs, but man... the idea of playing Crosby and Malkin in the first round is never a "best case scenario". No matter what, if you can't shut the Penguins down, you will have a tough time beating them. Pittsburgh still won a cup a few years ago, just like Detroit did. A lot has changed, but that core is still there and it's still really good. Boston is good, too, but man... neither of these matchups give me the confidence that an Anaheim matchup gave me last year. No offense to Anaheim, they just looked like a good matchup for me. Boston seems like a better opportunity than Pittsburgh if only because Detroit seems to play them well always, but I know not to underestimate the defending Eastern Conference champs.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I like our chances against Pittsburgh better because of their goaltending and blueline in comparison to Boston.

I also think we'd have better luck against their bottom 6 vs Boston's bottom 6.

The big thing is neutralizing both Crosby and Malkin, and without a healthy D&Z, that seems unattainable. I still voted for Pittsburgh just because I think they are a weaker/ shallower team on paper, but both are obviously really strong and have amazing players.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Jinx thread. Remember the healthy January thread? You people never learn.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Pittsburgh. They have massive expectations and is the only team that match our injuries.. Boston should be the cup favorites.

aLus

Jun 27, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
Against Pittsburgh our chances are 50/50.
Against Boston there's zero chance we win a best of 7.

Boston can shut Nyquist down, Pittsburgh can't.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
So if we say "we don't want to play Boston because we'll play terrible," then we WILL play Boston and we'll play great.

B)

We definitely aren't good enough to win the Stanley Cup.

You're welcome, guys. You're welcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad