Hypothetical trade with edm

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I just brought it up because someone mentioned that Phoneix would want Howard. WHICH MAKES NO SENSE IF THEY HAVE MIKE SMITH.

Mike Smith is complete garbage, Howie is turning 31 pretty soon. At least next season.

I dont see Pheonix being a cup contender in that short amount of time, Not sure why Pheonix would go after him other then the fact that he would be pretty solid

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
You want Hall?

Give up Nyquist/Mantha Sproul 2015 1st rounder and Maybe Mrazek/Coreau and maybe thats not even enough to woo edmonton i think it would be tho
It'd be enough, but I have a different take. With McJesus there they could use a good #3C with experience and youngish.

Nyquist
Helm
1st-2nd

Hall

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Edmonton will want a Defender.
Yea, took that into account. Still figured that's a pretty good deal for them. McJesus isn't going to instantly turn around that franchise and with two 1st round draft picks, and let's be honest, they'll win the lottery next year, that's two defenseman they can draft.

Mantha
Ouellet
2nd

This is all just fun because I think the Wings need a top defender just as bad but I feel a deal could come close value wise.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Yea, took that into account. Still figured that's a pretty good deal for them. McJesus isn't going to instantly turn around that franchise and with two 1st round draft picks, and let's be honest, they'll win the lottery next year, that's two defenseman they can draft.

Mantha
Ouellet
2nd

This is all just fun because I think the Wings need a top defender just as bad but I feel a deal could come close value wise.

They wont draft a dman are you kidding :laugh:

He will be a bust like everyone

Ill gladly trade our whole farm for all the picks Edmonton gets in their entire franchise now

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
might be just me but i think oilers will laugh at those offers.

chia should have learned his lesson. he traded one of taylor/tyler for something he'll regret.

except if the plan was always to become the GM of oilers after they've drafted mcdavid :laugh:.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
They wont draft a dman are you kidding :laugh:

He will be a bust like everyone

Ill gladly trade our whole farm for all the picks Edmonton gets in their entire franchise now
HAHAHAHA. Hell no they won't. Defense doesn't win ****!

It's just their picks get thrown into the NHL when their team is a dumpster fire. What the Hell does anyone expect them to learn? Throughout my "career" I've played with some really good players, some of which made it into the NHL, and there was no way as 18-19 year olds we/they could be put in the NHL and succeed. A lot of people don't realize exactly how fast the game moves. I was a goalie so I only know as much as I saw from my crease. I have a chance to play with some this summer and I skate out now. While I consider myself a pretty strong skater, I can't wait to be embarassed by them :laugh:

My point in all of that is God bless the Grand Rapids Griffins and the Detroit Red Wings take on devolping talent.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit

chia should have learned his lesson. he traded one of taylor/tyler for something he'll regret.

except if the plan was always to become the GM of oilers after they've drafted mcdavid :laugh:.
Eh, I don't think Nyquist, Ouellet, 1st would be anything to scoff at for Hall. I think it'd open up conversations. They'd probably want Larkin or Sheahan.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Not that hard to find a starting goalie. Much harder to find a young center like Draisaitl.

I also don't put as much stock into goalies as others.

I don't put that much stock into goalies as others. I literally see them as a necessary evil. But I wouldn't take this trade. The Wings have a mediocre future on defense that would take somthing of a hit in losing XO and then would have a downright horrific goaltending future with the loss of Mrazek. That is downright scary. Even if Drai became the next Datsyuk, it still wouldn't salvage anything.

No way I make this trade.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Eh, I don't think Nyquist, Ouellet, 1st would be anything to scoff at for Hall. I think it'd open up conversations. They'd probably want Larkin or Sheahan.

hall is much better than nyquist and i don't think the 1st rounder is enough to downgrade that. they have good LDs so they don't need ouellet.

they'd probably want larkin and dekeyser.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
hall is much better than nyquist and i don't think the 1st rounder is enough to downgrade that. they have good LDs so they don't need ouellet.

they'd probably want larkin and dekeyser.
Absolutely, and two years younger. Hall is a franchise winger.

And that'd be a firm Hell nah from me. This franchise's success hinges more on Larkin, Mrazek and DeKeyser (and I'll throw in Mantha too) than Hall. I understand why they would want that, but for the Red Wings, the value isn't there for them.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Absolutely, and two years younger. Hall is a franchise winger.

And that'd be a firm Hell nah from me. This franchise's success hinges more on Larkin, Mrazek and DeKeyser (and I'll throw in Mantha too) than Hall. I understand why they would want that, but for the Red Wings, the value isn't there for them.

i wouldn't do it either.

wingsfan33

Jun 12, 2013
No way in hell we do this trade ... Mrazek is gonna be a star goalie In the league ... Bertuzzi is gonna be a real good 3rd liner who's gonna get under guys nerves and ouellet will be a smart reliable dman

Wings also have athanasiou pulkkinen mantha larkin etc ... Coming ... Wings are stacked up front

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

No, you're absolutely right. These proposes are brutal.

TDM94

Apr 29, 2015
It'd be enough, but I have a different take. With McJesus there they could use a good #3C with experience and youngish.

Nyquist
Helm
1st-2nd

Hall

Oiler fan here. Hall won't be traded because mcdavid and hall on a line will be unbelievable if they find chemistry. Yaks added to that when he finds his groove like at the end of the season might be pretty scary As well.

Hall - McDavid - Yakupov

probably be the fastest line in hockey of course that might not happen next year But the thought is interesting

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad