Hypothetical trade with edm

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Howard, Bertuzzi, Ouellet, 2nd

for

Draisaitl, 3rd

I'd do it. Edmonton probably wouldn't, but I think it'd make them better.

Anchor Town*

Lundqvist is my favorite goalie in the league, but the Rangers still win the President's trophy with Talbot playing the majority.

You might want to check that. Talbot did not play the majority.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Cause you gotta think of the futre until Detroit wins a playoff series, you could argue that 2013 was a miracle run

think of the future?

how would trading for a 19 year old 3rd overall pick not be thinking of the future with how old Datsyuk and Zetterberg are? :laugh:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
think of the future?

how would trading for a 19 year old 3rd overall pick not be thinking of the future with how old Datsyuk and Zetterberg are? :laugh:

Because your trading young 2 or 3 solid players already, For one who hasnt done much at all in Edmonton (from the stats)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Because your trading young 2 or 3 solid players already, For one who hasnt done much at all in Edmonton (from the stats)

Those stats are worthless. He's a 19 year old kid who was thrown in the league too soon on a team that's garbage.

He's still a top prospect, it means nothing.

Last edited:

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Cause you gotta think of the futre until Detroit wins a playoff series, you could argue that 2013 was a miracle run

They are thinking of the future. They're not trading bluechip prospects or 1st round draft picks and haven't been doing so for a number of seasons now.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I would make the deal and Mrazek would be incredibly enticing to Oilers fans considering his coming out party as part of the WJHC happened in Edmonton.

I don't like giving up Mrazek, but if its for a C that has #1 potential or for a #1 Defenceman I'd make the deal.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
I would make the deal and Mrazek would be incredibly enticing to Oilers fans considering his coming out party as part of the WJHC happened in Edmonton.

I don't like giving up Mrazek, but if its for a C that has #1 potential or for a #1 Defenceman I'd make the deal.

I wouldn't include Mrazek in a deal with EDM unless we were raking them over the coals; Mrazek is EDM's ticket out of having to pay decent cap for a decent goaltender, and if they want him they can overpay.

Avery Rule

Jun 1, 2010
Trade Howard then Holland makes a offer to get Miller from Vancouver.... you know he will.

PortoMarco

Nov 21, 2014
What would it take to get Taylor Hall?

I think we are one forward and one d-man short of being a legit contender. Of course, Babcock must stay.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

I think we are one forward and one d-man short of being a legit contender. Of course, Babcock must stay.

Would take quite a bit. I'd guess Mantha + XO/Marchenko and a 1st. Hall has proven he can produce at an elite level.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

Babcock staying or going isn't going to make or break us. Changes to the team will.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
And Arizona would be crazy to trade OEL for Hall.

Should have clarified, if I am Edmonton that is what it takes though. Hall for all his injuries and a part of me that is disappointed the guy still plays with his head down 50% of the time is a crazy asset. Top 5 winger in the game in my opinion, big return in terms of trying to pry him out and they are right to demand it.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
You want Hall?

Give up Nyquist/Mantha Sproul 2015 1st rounder and Maybe Mrazek/Coreau and maybe thats not even enough to woo edmonton i think it would be tho

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
At this rate, Howard would be out of Detroit well before Mrazek. The kid has ice water for blood. Howard will probably never have such poise, and that is his biggest downfall.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Howard certainly hasnt shown the poise. At least in 2 years. But he really wasnt changelled by anyone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad