Hypothetical trade with edm

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
So let's say the asking price for Leon Draisaitl was Mrazek and Oullete and Tyler Bertuzzi
The Oilers have offered this trade because of thier depth at center ice and have liked way mrazek plays the game. Do we accept the offer? Why or why not? It's a hypothetical question...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't and I thought Leon was the best forward in the last draft. Mrazek is the future #1 here. Our trades need to address our D too if we are going to make significant moves.

If you're willing to move Mrazek and Ouellet at the same time a top pairing D-man needs to come back.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I don't and I thought Leon was the best forward in the last draft. Mrazek is the future #1 here. Our trades need to address our D too if we are going to make significant moves.

If you're willing to move Mrazek and Ouellet at the same time a top pairing D-man needs to come back.

i would do it for who it think is and was the best F in the draft (reinhart).

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Nope

I would run away from that trade as fast as I can. Mrazek is 23 and shows flash's of being elite. Tyler Bertuzzi has had a great year, and Ouellet has looked decent in the NHL at 21, give him a few more years and he could be really good. With Mantha, Larkin, AA, and Pulks I'm not desperate for a forward. for Mrazek, Ouellet, and little Bert we could be close to a legit top 3 D.

lets say we did it, and he becomes a 60- 70 point guy cool, but is that worth a top 20 -top 5 starting goalie who is young and fairly cheep still. A gritty 3rd line guy who can pot a few and put pressure on the opposing team. plus a top 6D currently who looks like he has the potential to be a top 3 guy.

just not worth it currently or potentially in the future. Maybe the guy ends up a PPG player but he's still just a prospect you are talking about. a good one yeah but the package your talking looks like the guy has already had a good year in the NHL.

Brandel*

Edmonton oilers have too much depth at centre? never thought id see the day

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Not that hard to find a starting goalie. Much harder to find a young center like Draisaitl.

I also don't put as much stock into goalies as others.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
No roster players (skaters) or draft picks for Draisaitl? And we don't include Mantha or Larkin?

Yeah, I'm all about that. Unless Edmonton loves Mrazek, they aren't doing it though.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

IMO the best forward is going to be Bennett or Nylander. Time will tell as it is obv too early to know the for sure answer.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Based on HF and Hockeywriters scouting report, i would do that trade for Draisaitl.

I will take the high potential center over the high potential goalie every time.

Seven million dollar goalies will get shelled for 5+ goals in front of a bad defense just as easily as a 500k goalie.

Mrazek isn't going to save this franchise.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Oh really? :laugh:

You can make an argument that Mrazek is the most important young player in the Red Wings' system.

You must be missing this game where Scott Darling is about to win his 2nd playoff game.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I agree, it's incredibly easy to find a 'good enough' starting goalie when you build a good team around them.

Like I said, way easier than finding a young stud center. I can part with one for the other.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Not that hard to find a starting goalie. Much harder to find a young center like Draisaitl.

I also don't put as much stock into goalies as others.

a starting goalie needs to have an amazing defense to win a cup.

and its near impossible to find an Elite goalie (which Mraz has had flashes of)

It is not hard to find a good young center.. Any team that picks in the top 10 could pick any of the good young centers that are in the nhl right now

Id rather take a prime center anyway over a young one.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
This

anyone thinking that we trade our youngest goalie thats had flashes of elite play for not even a proven scoring forward is stupid.

Leon looked pretty good for being an 18 year old on a horrible edm team. Not too mention goalies seem to be a dime a dozen in the NHL today. We also are gunna be needing another high end center in the future ( assuming the ("UNPROVEN") Dylan Larkin pans out. If he doesn't we need 2

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
You don't need an elite goalie when you build a good team. But I do agree that the Wings will never trade Mrazek.

No you do not, But an Elite goalie really helps you not having to get a stacked d core. The rangers could have gotten a True #1 Center over Yandle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad