Prospect Info: Hurricanes Prospect Info and Discussion - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Do PTOs work like that for international players? serious question, as I can't recall seeing it in the past but then again we haven't really been in the position until recently anyway.

Saarela counts as U20 player so playing in AHL wouldn't burn a year from his ELC. 1+1 so far today. So 6 points in last 3 games.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Take this: https://twitter.com/miikaarponen/status/840522422851911681

And put the tweet tags around this 840522422851911681

EDIT: just quote my post and you can see how to do it.

this is really a super interesting situation. with Saarela's "struggles" this year (some say, self-inflicted), it will be interesting what his path is. obviously the AHL makes sense, but if it burns a contract year, I could see Ronnie strategically playing his hand on this.

Regardless, based on some reports, he needs to get into a conditioning program, learn and follow a nutrition plan, and perhaps, even look at attitude adjustment. kid's got loads of talent and over the last week or 10 days he's back on the scoring train.

Reactions: Roboturner913

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
this is really a super interesting situation. with Saarela's "struggles" this year (some say, self-inflicted), it will be interesting what his path is. obviously the AHL makes sense, but if it burns a contract year, I could see Ronnie strategically playing his hand on this.

Regardless, based on some reports, he needs to get into a conditioning program, learn and follow a nutrition plan, and perhaps, even look at attitude adjustment. kid's got loads of talent and over the last week or 10 days he's back on the scoring train.

This all sounds vaguely familiar.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I'd burn a contract year for Saarela to get him on the right track with the Checkers and possibly help them with their Playoff push. If Charlotte falls out permanently then call him up for a few Canes games to end the season.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Saarela basically comparing himself to Sidney Crosby sort of drained any enthusiasm I had for him. Something to the effect of "Crosby's coach doesn't make him backcheck".... okay man. Sure. I know some of that might have been lost in translation but damn.

Between Saarela shooting himself in the foot and Kuokkanen's abysmal season post-November, it's been a tough year for our Fins not named Aho.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Aleksi Saarela might be coming to NA. Lukko didn't make it to the playoffs and now it's for the Canes organization to decide whether he can come and play here.

With McClement out for a few weeks. Guys like Zykov, Wallmark, and PDG are probably going to be up here in Raleigh for a bit, I'm guessing the Canes/Checkers will take the help from Saarela to help push them into the playoffs.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
With McClement out for a few weeks. Guys like Zykov, Wallmark, and PDG are probably going to be up here in Raleigh for a bit, I'm guessing the Canes/Checkers will take the help from Saarela to help push them into the playoffs.

Sounds like Zykov and PDG may not be close to being healthy enough to play themselves? Zykov left the ice before the skate today and from what Peters said, PDG can skate, but isn't able to shoot the puck yet so didn't see him as "close" to returning.

Regardless though, your point is valid though re: checkers maybe needing help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad