OT: Hurricanes Off Topic Lounge XII: GTA Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Jameis Winston not charged. Pretty much what I expected. Duke, prepare to lose by 40.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
So, if FSU, tOSU and Mizzou all lose, the National Title game will be a rematch of Bama//Auburn.

Wouldn't that be incredible*

* - For some of us it'd be incredible, to everyone who doesn't speak with a drawl, it'd be the world's biggest troll face :laugh:

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
Yeah, FSU ain't losing. OSU on the other hand might, depending on if MSU decides to show up.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
To be fair, everyone was going on and on and on about FSU last year, then they went out and lost to the Pack. I give Duke a puncher's chance at least.

I mean, they're bad, but they're not *STATE* bad.

:sarcasm:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Interesting the "big name" was Billy Joel who I know has performed at PNC before and has toured in recent years.

At least it wasn't Justin Bieber.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Has anyone done the canes college rush? Going to the game tomorrow and plan on using that promotion

Not this year, but in years past. I think this year:

- $25 lower bowl, $15 upper bowl
- It applies for every game.
- you need a college ID
- It can only be done an hour before the game
- you must enter the arena immediately after buying the ticket.

It's a great deal regardless

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So not a great group for the US this summer.

Thought maybe we'd have something to be excited about with this team, but unless we can beat Portugal it looks like our World Cup will end pretty quickly...

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
JJ Watt is 289 lbs and has a 60" vertical O_O

#nothuman

You know what's scary?

He wanted to play in the NHl.

“I grew up in Wisconsin loving hockey. I mean, I started when I was three years old on skates. I played all over—in Canada all the time, all over the U.S., over in Germany for a 10-day tournament. Hockey, honestly, was my first love. The excitement, the fast pace, the intensity of the game … I still love it to this day. Really, I had to quit. It was financial. I have two younger brothers and we were all playing on a travel team, and it was extremely expensive. My family is a middle class family. When I grew up and learned how much it actually cost for us to play hockey, I could not believe that my parents let us play as long as they did.â€

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/jj-watt-hockey-player/

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
After five years, I finally had someone swear at me for wearing this jersey today.

After half a decade, my decision to troll more subtly than a Brett Hull jersey is finally justified :laugh:

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Hockey is way too expensive and is one of the reasons it struggles to grow.

I don't see any other solution than how hockey is currently run. You need equipment and ice time, and both are products that are bought and sold. It really *isn't* that expensive for the average player though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad