OT: Hurricanes Off Topic Lounge XI: The Numbers All Go to 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
So...does anybody have any extra paper bags I can wear inside my apartment on Sundays?

I'm making a grocery run this afternoon. I'll be sure to ask for paper instead of plastic. Although with games like these, plastic seems to be preferable.

Last edited:

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Out of curiosity, why is it the coach's fault?

Almost every single close game they play in is a loss. It's become a pattern now. Player turnover hasn't changed anything. Rivera simply is a terrible coach who can't keep his players in the game for 60 minutes. A few close losses spread out over ~2 seasons, sure. I'd chalk that up to the players not getting it done in the crunch. But his piss poor record in close games over the last ~2 seasons is down right pathetic and is a reflection of his coaching.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
The Panthers keep finding ways to lose that I didn't even know existed.

2-14 in one possession games under Rivera. It's crystal clear where the first change needs to be.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
I always get mad at the Canes for scheduling Caniac Carnival on Sunday since the Panthers typically play. Because of this, I've never been to one. Turns out they're actually trying to do us a favor and give us something to be happy about instead of spending three hours suffering through something that was doomed for yet another heartbreaking result. I did the latter, needless to say. Now, I need a bye MONTH. Not a bye week... a bye MONTH.

Mr Whipple

Charmin Soft
Nov 9, 2008
Greenville, NC
And the Browns are still the Browns. :facepalm:

So what 'awesome future franchise All Star sure thing QB's' are going to be available for the Browns to draft next spring only to turn into a major bust?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
And the Browns are still the Browns. :facepalm:

So what 'awesome future franchise All Star sure thing QB's' are going to be available for the Browns to draft next spring only to turn into a major bust?

The NBC guys were just saying Cleveland scouts were at the A&M/Bama game looking at Johnny Manziel.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Seattle in two games has allowed 10 points (5 a game)

Jacksonville in two games has scored 11 (5.5 a game)

I am boldly predicting the most hilarious troll job in NFL history as my Jaguars, no doubt influenced by my presence in Row 1 at the 50 yard line, wearing a 17 year old Mark Brunell jersey next week, will become the first team in two years to beat Seattle at home.

That is all.

PS - If y'all never hear from me again after sunday, it's because the 12th man got me :scared::eek:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Also, in unrelated news, I threw in Saturday the 14th (a horror comedy//spoof movie from 1981) yesterday to celebrate the occasion.

It was probably the first time in several years that I've watched it and something bizarre occurred to me.

The film spoofs *many* horror films, too many to list in fact, but the one thing that stood out to me was "A Nightmare on Elm Street"

For years I've just accepted the jokes, they show the house from the first "A Nightmare on Elm Street" movie, the house number, the street name etc, etc, several times over, but for whatever reason it only occurred to me last night that the original Elm Street movie came out in 1984. Three years after Saturday the 14th.

It's not possible that it was spoofing a movie that didn't exist yet is it? Or did Wes Craven (tongue in cheek) intend "A Nightmare on Elm Street" to be a spoof of a spoof?

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Also, in unrelated news, I threw in Saturday the 14th (a horror comedy//spoof movie from 1981) yesterday to celebrate the occasion.

It was probably the first time in several years that I've watched it and something bizarre occurred to me.

The film spoofs *many* horror films, too many to list in fact, but the one thing that stood out to me was "A Nightmare on Elm Street"

For years I've just accepted the jokes, they show the house from the first "A Nightmare on Elm Street" movie, the house number, the street name etc, etc, several times over, but for whatever reason it only occurred to me last night that the original Elm Street movie came out in 1984. Three years after Saturday the 14th.

It's not possible that it was spoofing a movie that didn't exist yet is it? Or did Wes Craven (tongue in cheek) intend "A Nightmare on Elm Street" to be a spoof of a spoof?

Spoofception.:amazed:

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
This makes me :)

560045_10151726060029773_711765304_n.jpg

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
We're going to have a new hockey song to play at PNC! We're going to have a new hockey song to play at PNC! We're going to have a new hockey song to play at PNC! We're going to have a new hockey song to play at PNC! We're going to have a new hockey song to play at PNC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad