OT: Hurricanes Off Topic Lounge XI: The Numbers All Go to 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
In other news - Nine Inch Nails with Godspeed You! Black Emperor will be playing PNC Arena on 10/21 (Yay! A concert date that Debbie Yow somehow managed not to screw up). Who's planning on going assuming tickets aren't ridiculously expensive?

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
In other news - Nine Inch Nails with Godspeed You! Black Emperor will be playing PNC Arena on 10/21 (Yay! A concert date that Debbie Yow somehow managed not to screw up). Who's planning on going assuming tickets aren't ridiculously expensive?

Nine Inch Nails? I'll pass...

AntonFromAppState

Hurricaniac
Jan 18, 2007
North Carolina

Always interested in Godspeed you black emperor but all I know of them is from 28 days later.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Hey, I Googled what he did and figured it out on my own. Don't yell at me for having technology at my fingertips.

Don't tell me what to do.

P.S. So, remember when I was congratulating you on 2k posts and I was around 1100 at the time. Oh dear. What happened. :laugh:

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Don't tell me what to do.

P.S. So, remember when I was congratulating you on 2k posts and I was around 1100 at the time. Oh dear. What happened. :laugh:

I've cut down on my posting over the summer because it's been a bunch of worthless threads to post in. Plus you post in some of the main board threads, whereas I never really do.

Oh, and the Useless Thread. That too.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I've cut down on my posting over the summer because it's been a bunch of worthless threads to post in. Plus you post in some of the main board threads, whereas I never really do.

Oh, and the Useless Thread. That too.

Yeah. I was taking a shot at myself there. The UT has sucked the life out of me. Trying to get away from it. Not really succeeding.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Yeah. I was taking a shot at myself there. The UT has sucked the life out of me. Trying to get away from it. Not really succeeding.

I'll look at the current version once every couple months, hate myself for it, and then run away from the lounge again for a while.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'll look at the current version once every couple months, hate myself for it, and then run away from the lounge again for a while.

It started out good. It's getting bogged down now that I know what certain posters like to rant about and keep beating the same horse over and over and over and over again. The spam gets extremely annoying when trying to have an actual conversation. It's not really something that I find enjoyable anymore to be honest.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Under the category of "really random and also pointless" I attended a lecture today from a mathematician, who accidently "discovered" a way to deduce Pi to any number of places, trapped inside of a triangle.

Said formula is incredible long and tedious, but I thought it was kinda cool.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
It's 5:30 in the morning and I just finished watching "Ernest Scared Stupid" and maybe it's the Knob Creek talking, but I think I just had an epiphany.

At the end of the movie, when the troll goes all Super Saiyan and starts throwing fire around, there's a weird montage where Ernest reacts to the troll with hate and anger and the crowd of townsfolk (good in nature) chants in slow motion for Ernest to kill the troll (evil thoughts) and the troll just laughs at him, seeming to grow stronger with the hate, then Ernest suddenly stops and thinks about an underlying theme to the movie, unconditional love. And in the face of certain death and an army of angry townsfolk, he casts away his only weapon and instead fights back against something he hates with love and ultimately, that transition and change to his way of thinking, is the only thing that allows him (good) to triumph over the troll (evil).

Evil of any sort, grows stronger with hatred, darkness & despair, the only way to truly combat it, is to overwhelm it with love and positivity.

My Mind = Blown

UmpOi.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad