OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXXVII: A Yellow Fog Descends Over Raleigh (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020

Getting a bit bored of the politics. let's transition to music, Here Comes the Judge. Shorty Long was an incredibly underrated soul singer at Motown back in the day. And on the Motown topic, all time great songwriter Lamont Dozier just passed away. He along with Brian and Eddie Holland wrote 14 different #1 hits and many other songs that were also high on the billboard charts.

Reactions: LostInaLostWorld

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Also worth pointing out

So the FBI raids your home only a short period of time after the Chief of Counterintelligence & Export Control at the DOJ makes a personal visit to Mar-A-Lago?

He was selling classified info to Russia, wasn't he

Reactions: Finlandia WOAT

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
He was selling classified info to Russia, wasn't he
That one seems played out and too obvious a an angle. I'd bet on the Kingdom and MBS if I had to place a bet. And, maybe Kushner's $2B "investment" from them is the quid pro quo.*

*Complete speculation on my part. I have heard of no evidence of anything and don't actually believe it, but if I'm going to make shit up, this is what I'd make up.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City

Getting a bit bored of the politics. let's transition to music, Here Comes the Judge. Shorty Long was an incredibly underrated soul singer at Motown back in the day. And on the Motown topic, all time great songwriter Lamont Dozier just passed away. He along with Brian and Eddie Holland wrote 14 different #1 hits and many other songs that were also high on the billboard charts.

and yes, Dozier-Holland-Dozier wrote some great stuff.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Oh, so we're going to go there on the Mar a Lago raid? Okay...

No- you know what, it's all good. I thought they'd wait until the GOP primary for 2024 was well underway to do this. Just clearing a clean path early for Ronnie DeFranchise to steamroll into the White House.

Just wait until you see when the "fascism" is expertly and ruthlessly implemented, rather than just threatened on Twitter.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Bleacher Bit is what was said Clinton used. Cant prove she was sharing anything if you can’t prove she has it

Kind of hard to hide when you have physical copies. Tisk tisk

Last edited:

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
You got that backwards.

They accused Hillary of deleting emails. Trump has found to actually been purging confidential information to the point of hiding it in his personal residence.

When it comes to the GOP, every accusation is an admission
You people are f'in rich man. Acting like one side is somehow better than the other.

L O L

This is exactly the kind of crap that drives people to pick a boot. By god If I have to pick a boot to go on a neck, it will be the necks of the ones that smirk and act like they're somehow morally superior when they are exactly the opposite. This kind of attitude for 8 years is exactly what produced Trump.

Do it again though.

Mcarthyism? LOL.

Oh no slick, Im talking Spain, italy, and the Balkans. Buy we're coming to it, and the flames are getting fanned but good.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Oh, so we're going to go there on the Mar a Lago raid? Okay...

No- you know what, it's all good. I thought they'd wait until the GOP primary for 2024 was well underway to do this. Just clearing a clean path early for Ronnie DeFranchise to steamroll into the White House.

Just wait until you see when the "fascism" is expertly and ruthlessly implemented, rather than just threatened on Twitter.
Oh hell no. You got it right on the nose, brother.

I'm all in on eliminating Trump as a viable candidate. Let's get Desantis in so we can have the real sting of Right wing authoritarianism. I'm far more in the Tim Scott / Kristi Noem camp, but at this point I'm good to throw my eggs in the Desantis basket.

Like I said, spite voting is a thing, especially when you can't vote your way out of a situation, no?

Reactions: Negan4Coach

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
You people are f'in rich man. Acting like one side is somehow better than the other.

L O L

This is exactly the kind of crap that drives people to pick a boot. By god If I have to pick a boot to go on a neck, it will be the necks of the ones that smirk and act like they're somehow morally superior when they are exactly the opposite. This kind of attitude for 8 years is exactly what produced Trump.

Do it again though.

Mcarthyism? LOL.

Oh no slick, Im talking Spain, italy, and the Balkans. Buy we're coming to it, and the flames are getting fanned but good.
Oh FFS

Ignored. Long past time, but damn I just can't take the over the top insanity anymore. Go cry into a pillow about TDA some more.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
What brought about Trump was appealing to the least educated voters, some Russian interference, and some good old fashioned con-man grift.

What's going to bring about Ron DeSantis and any other of the cronies that will deploy the same tactics is seeing how well it worked the first time.

It's already likely too far gone to prevent it from happening again, but the only chance the country has is to have the truth come out (whatever that might be) and for any and all those responsible for the various lies being perpetuated to be exposed and to face justice.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast

Why are you cheerleading right wing authoritarianism? I thought you were all about personal liberty?
Oh I am. Trust me. I can't stand either side if I'm being honest. That whole thing of driving people into the arms of your enemy is real though. I'd be lying if I didn't say I smirked a little, at the people who've called for making me a felon for decades for the firearms I own, screeching about their "rights being criminalized" under the whole RvW thing. I *should* care and be on thier side in that. Fundamentally, I am. I simply don't care though, and find it all quite ironic.

I actually tried to stay out of this thing surrounding mar-a-lago pretty hard, but this crowing about how one side are saints, and the other side are criminals and thugs is just too damn much.

Reactions: DaveG

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
More dogs. I dig it. I lost my boy 3 weeks ago and its been hell without him around. Wife already wants to adopt again, and I've yet to find all his stashed toys :(
Oh, that sucks. Sorry you lost your doggo. It still gets dusty in the room I'm in when I think about my pupper I had to let go 11 years ago.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Oh, that sucks. Sorry you lost your doggo. It still gets dusty in the room I'm in when I think about my pupper I had to let go 11 years ago.
I've got no kids and have that wired ex grunt thing going on where animals hit me WAY harder than people. He was 13. He was a hound mix . Got returned to the shelter because he "whined too much". Copper never left my side. Never went in the house unless he got sick, which only happened like twice in 12 years. Never needed a leash. Never bit anyone. Never hurt a thing even if he barked at it.

I'd kill for just one more day. But then it would be the bat to the face all over again of having to let him go.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I'm all in on eliminating Trump as a viable candidate. Let's get Desantis in so we can have the real sting of Right wing authoritarianism. I'm far more in the Tim Scott / Kristi Noem camp, but at this point I'm good to throw my eggs in the Desantis basket.
Look, why can't we all just realize that we blew it in 2016 by not electing the pot-smoking, triathlete, CEO of Cannabis Sativa, Gary Johnson (and ex-Governor of New Mexico). Personally, I'm for the Snoop Dogg/Martha Stewart ticket in 2024.

On another personal political note, arguing that one party is superior or worse than the other is pretty humorous. There's a picture in the dictionary next to the phrase - "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" - and it's a picture of the US Congress. I mean calling Chuck Schumer, Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi, and Kevin McCarthy con men gives legit con men a bad name.

Now when is the Gardiner buyout happening?:D:popcorn:

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Look, why can't we all just realize that we blew it in 2016 by not electing the pot-smoking, triathlete, CEO of Cannabis Sativa, Gary Johnson (and ex-Governor of New Mexico). Personally, I'm for the Snoop Dogg/Martha Stewart ticket in 2024.

On another personal political note, arguing that one party is superior or worse than the other is pretty humorous. There's a picture in the dictionary next to the phrase - "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" - and it's a picture of the US Congress. I mean calling Chuck Schumer, Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi, and Kevin McCarthy con men gives legit con men a bad name.

Now when is the Gardiner buyout happening?:D:popcorn:
Yeah thats the problem with Libretarian candidates.

And we've come full circle. Perhaps we can pick a shelter dog to be POTUS. Anyone who doesn't love him would clearly be a communist, and a bad person. And dogs are usually a good judge of character.

Wasn't it Ghandi or someone who said you can judge a society by how they treat their animals? I'd say that's spot on, when you look at Ukraine.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I actually tried to stay out of this thing surrounding mar-a-lago pretty hard, but this crowing about how one side are saints, and the other side are criminals and thugs is just too damn much.
Personally, what I'm pushing back against are people framing this as if there is no chance Donald Trump might have broken the law.

We live in America. Where no one is above the law, not even ex-Presidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad