OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXXVII: A Yellow Fog Descends Over Raleigh (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
That what I would say. But. Are you really gonna search the home of former prez without informing the current prez, beforehand?

Honestly, it really doesn't matter what happens from here on out. The GOP, even if Trump was caught red handed, was always going to cry to Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, etc about how this was a politically driven assassination. They were always going to accuse the Democrats for playing dirty no matter how this all went down. And they were prepared for this beforehand, because that was the game plan from the start. They always accuse the Democrats of everything they are actually doing.

At this point, politics in the US are too far gone to survive as is long term. At this point, it just seems like the GOP is trying to do everything they can to enrich their own members before the whole thing collapses.

And its definitely not a coincidence that so many of these bad actors in DC have documented business connections and partnerships with powerful Russian companies or oligarchs or have been caught on curious political trips to Russia to meet with those people.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I choose not to believe in most conspiracies, not because I am exceedingly trusting of anyone in government, but because I am exceedingly confident that nobody in any government can keep a secret long enough to get away with them.
For the last five years, in matters surrounding my personal life, I have been watching public servants get away with any blatant breach of law by putting on a full Putin-denies-the-green-men-a-Crimea-are-Russians act, and prosecutors and judges just waving it through, and the culprits then getting promoted. Maybe not everyone are capable of silence, but most who hear sure are capable of willful ignorance.

Pizzagate may be BS, but Prince Andrew being excluded from all royal duties is a reality.

Reactions: DaveG and Borsig

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Just like the freezers at the Natural Resources Institute of Finland broke down destroying the evidence of a poaching case soon after the court had accepted the suspicious genetic samples as wolves and the guilty verdict had been secured.

I bet that guy Murphy was a government officiate.

Look, I work for a major bank where we are federally required to keep 7 years worth of data for all employees at all times, no exceptions. When you go through migrations like that, you make backups of the backups to ensure that you don't lose anything. To hear that they lost everything like they did is just straight up bullshit. Especially for top secret federally mandated storage where you absolutely must know who has access to it at all times. You don't just lose that info.

For the last five years, in matters surrounding my personal life, I have been watching public servants get away with any blatant breach of law by putting on a full Putin-denies-the-green-men-a-Crimea-are-Russians act, and prosecutors and judges just waving it through, and the culprits then getting promoted. Maybe not everyone are capable of silence, but most who hear sure are capable of willful ignorance.

Pizzagate may be BS, but Prince Andrew being excluded from all royal duties is a reality.
Epstein didn't kill himself.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast

Or BLM leaders buying mansions, Hunter Biden, the Epsteins, or people like John Bolton fanning the fires of whatever so his Raytheon stock price goes up. Pelosi's husband and the DUI...

Dutch Farmers. Canadian Truckers. Yellow vests in france. Covid protests.. People are getting fed up with it. The pot is starting to simmer.

The whole thing is the same everywhere.

I'll agree the current system cannot stand. Like I said, spite voting is real. It's what gave us Trump, and pretty much why the country voted for a Potato as president. The provocations get bolder and bolder by the day.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
What about the sitting POTUS' crack addict corrupt business dealing kid? Should he be in prison, or continue to be protected since daddy is POTUS?
I have no clue if he actually did anything or it is just right-wing "witch hunt". But if he did something, he should be held accountable. But if he did something and wasn't held accountable, it wouldn't surprise me:

In new book, Triggered, Donald Trump Jr. tries and fails to prove that he's  not mad, actually laughing.

George W. Bush Is Back in the Rangers Front Row - The New York Times

Both of these sons of presidents were rumored to be into coke and have "interesting" business dealings, too, and yet never were prosecuted. Maybe it was all just rumors and the same with Hunter? Maybe not. I'll wait and see the evidence for all of them before I believe any of the accusations.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I'll agree the current system cannot stand. Like I said, spite voting is real. It's what gave us Trump, and pretty much why the country voted for a Potato as president. The provocations get bolder and bolder by the day.

Trump legitimately poisoned the well. The only way we can bring this country back on any semblance of the right track is to root out all the rot and expel them from government and bar them from ever holding office again. Ideally, you'd want to deport each and every one of them and their families from the country. And if we do find that we can legitimately pin charges of insurrection on anyone for Jan 6, charge them with treason and execute every last one of them.

And I don't really give a shit which side of the aisle we're talking about. GOP or Democrat, if they have Russian ties its prison then deportation. Bar international companies from lobbying in DC. Hell, bar lobbying in general. Force every politician to give up their personal financial assets to hold public office. Bar them from investing in the stock market. Bar them from taking any kind of outside aid and have their entire livelihood funded by the taxpayers they are supposed to represent.

But, of course none of that will happen, and that's why I think we're just too far gone. I have a bad feeling that the boiling over moment is closer than we suspect.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Remember the Panama Papers? How that was a thing for, like a day, and then never mentioned again? Even though it implicated just about every wealthy person on earth?
It was fun to see the top echelon of the implicated people in Finland flocking in haste to the tax office to get their tax increase for the hidden monies.

Because, due to the legal principle of ne bis in idem, once they had gotten the tax increase which is deemed to be punitive and deterring so effecticely a fine, they couldn't then any more be prosecuted for a tax crime which would mean punishing someone a second time for the same crime.

This is something the tax officials knew very well when handing out those tax increases.

Reactions: DaveG

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It was fun to see the top echelon of the implicated people in Finland flocking in haste to the tax office to get their tax increase for the hidden monies.

Because, due to the legal principle of ne bis in idem, once they had gotten the tax increase which is deemed to be punitive and deterring so effecticely a fine, they couldn't then any more be prosecuted for a tax crime which would mean punishing someone a second time for the same crime.

This is something the tax officials knew very well when handing out those tax increases.

Its almost like rules don’t apply to the wealthy. But that couldn’t possibly be true. After all, anybody can be wealthy if they just pull themselves up by the bootstraps, work hard and completely delete their moral compass.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
What about the sitting POTUS' crack addict corrupt business dealing kid? Should he be in prison, or continue to be protected since daddy is POTUS?

50 three-letter agency big-wigs signed an open letter suggesting it was Russian disinformation.

This letter was used as justification for social media censoring and legacy media coverage black-out.

Personally, Trump shouldn’t run again, but has shown when someone from the outside of the political elite runs what happens to them. (I personally want Tulsi Gabbard)

Didn't Hillary Rodham Clinton already out Tulsi as a Russian asset?

• Haha
Reactions: Borsig

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I have no clue if he actually did anything or it is just right-wing "witch hunt". But if he did something, he should be held accountable. But if he did something and wasn't held accountable, it wouldn't surprise me:

View attachment 575841

View attachment 575843

Both of these sons of presidents were rumored to be into coke and have "interesting" business dealings, too, and yet never were prosecuted. Maybe it was all just rumors and the same with Hunter? Maybe not. I'll wait and see the evidence for all of them before I believe any of the accusations.
More evidence points to the FBI and media covering up for Hunter and the Big Guy,

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Wait a second I don’t have a moral compass and I’m barely getting by

You must not be working hard enough then. Seek out other morally corrupt individuals, preferably those who are already wealthy, and I'm sure you'll be making bank in no time.

More evidence points to the FBI and media covering up for Hunter and the Big Guy,

Source? Sorry, but the track record with "evidence" when it comes to these types of claims is...not good.

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010
Or BLM leaders buying mansions, Hunter Biden, the Epsteins, or people like John Bolton fanning the fires of whatever so his Raytheon stock price goes up. Pelosi's husband and the DUI...

Dutch Farmers. Canadian Truckers. Yellow vests in france. Covid protests.. People are getting fed up with it. The pot is starting to simmer.
Ooh...time for the chorus---we didn't start the fire...

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
You must not be working hard enough then. Seek out other morally corrupt individuals, preferably those who are already wealthy, and I'm sure you'll be making bank in no time.

Source? Sorry, but the track record with "evidence" when it comes to these types of claims is...not good.

Whistleblower within the FBI.

They pushed a terrorism narrative, created situations to make the numbers boost.

FBI is corrupt, shadow government ran by lizard people.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Whistleblower within the FBI.

... There's nothing there. It's literally just Jim Jordan claiming that multiple "whistleblowers" told him all these things, then demands classified information be handed over because of that.

The same Jim Jordan (running the same account, no less) that apparently doesn't understand the concept of law.

Yes, the FBI can come after us if we've committed a federal crime. Just like the FBI can (and should) come after the former president if he's committed a federal crime.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
... There's nothing there. It's literally just Jim Jordan claiming that multiple "whistleblowers" told him all these things, then demands classified information be handed over because of that.

The same Jim Jordan (running the same account, no less) that apparently doesn't understand the concept of law.

Yes, the FBI can come after us if we've committed a federal crime. Just like the FBI can (and should) come after the former president if he's committed a federal crime.

This "raid" sets a dangerous precedent that no one is above the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad