OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXXVII: A Yellow Fog Descends Over Raleigh (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Whistleblower within the FBI.

They pushed a terrorism narrative, created situations to make the numbers boost.

FBI is corrupt, shadow government ran by lizard people.

Oh yeah because when we're talking about the most sane of people in DC, we're talking about Republicans in the House.

This "raid" sets a dangerous precedent that no one is above the law.

Trump literally thought he was Judge Dredd levels of "I am the Law"

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Oh yeah because when we're talking about the most sane of people in DC, we're talking about Republicans in the House.

It's not even that. Look at the account. Everything it tweets or retweets seems to be done for the express purpose of riling up their constituents. I wouldn't be surprised if that letter was just something he put together to post on Twitter.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

Whistleblower within the FBI.

They pushed a terrorism narrative, created situations to make the numbers boost.

FBI is corrupt, shadow government ran by lizard people.

Hmh, hmh. A couple of local nazi larpers were arrested and pretrial detained two years back for some firearms/explosived stuff, they got released soon afterwards.

Then, last December, the same guys were implicated as dangerous accelerationists seeking to overthrow the government and arrested and pretrial detained again. The "Protection Police" (the anti-espionage/terrorism police) made a huge public deal of it, saying that the thing is tied to a big international Euripol investigation. What exactly was their actual supposed terror act plan, was left very vague in the reporting and still is, but big deal was made of the (fertilizer) explosives and firearms.

Again, they were released soon enough by the court, as the suspected crime was the same old stuff from two years back, and by law you can't pretrial detain people many times over the same suspected crime. (When you get pretrial detained, the court sets a date by which the charges need to be brought to court.)

The actual suspected crime was the same old thing that had not yet been in court (because Finland is bullshit where the trials happen only years afterwards); the only new thing was that it was spun to be a suspected case of domestic far-right terrorism and the press campaign around it went on for days.

These f***ers sure are doing their best that the conspiracy theories keep springing up.

Reactions: DaveG

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I've heard nothing about the judge myself.
This guy:

33192.png

Aaron Judge....big guy, hits a lot of home runs, plays for the Yankees.....makes a lot of money.
Go to a shoe store and ask for strap-ons.
I believe, around here, you'd get those at Adam and Eve, not a shoe store.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville

Trump literally thought he was Judge Dredd levels of "I am the Law"
Ah politics is so fun. I love it when backers of one side point out how bad the other side is while completely ignore what their side does. I mean Bill Clinton has been accused of rape by more women than DeShawn Watson has been.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Ah politics is so fun. I love it when backers of one side point out how bad the other side is while completely ignore what their side does. I mean Bill Clinton has been accused of rape by more women than DeShawn Watson has been.

And he should be prosecuted for that once there’s enough evidence to do so. What’s your point?

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
And he should be prosecuted for that once there’s enough evidence to do so. What’s your point?
My point is pretty much exactly what my post says. Democrats will talk about the Evils of the Republican party while promenade members of their party have ties to Epstien get accused by multiple people of rape, sabotage their fellow party member during an election and they ignore it like there's nothing wrong happening.

Republicans will root for Trump ( who has also been accused of raping women) and others who are less than moral to put it lightly. While damning whatever Democrat is doing dumbshit this week.

Our political system is broke both parties suck, but the most broken part of our system is the voters, they are dumbasses that allow "their party" to convince them they are good and the other side is bad.

Also as far as the evidence comment I'm pretty sure the start of this talk mentioned how the rich (for both parties) seem to never get held to the fire. Im sure there is more than enough evidence its just gets buried.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
f***in hell, 15 boxes of classified documents just found chilling at Mar-A-Lago

This thread is worth a read. Basically, the mishandling of classified documents isn’t something the DOJ would typically prosecute, unless there was evidence those documents were being transferred to a 3rd party. Thus, having the FBI raid a home to retrieve those documents doesn’t make sense at face value, since it wouldn’t lead towards something the DOJ could charge. But the FBI can seize any evidence of other crimes they may find during a raid, assuming its in plain sight.

So it’s possible, even likely, that there’s something more than just the classified documents that’s going on.

Reactions: SlavinAway

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
So what they accused Trump of doing is literally what Hillary admitted to doing?

You got that backwards.

They accused Hillary of deleting emails. Trump has found to actually been purging confidential information to the point of hiding it in his personal residence.

When it comes to the GOP, every accusation is an admission

• Haha
Reactions: Borsig

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
So what they accused Trump of doing is literally what Hillary admitted to doing?
As I understand it, no. Clinton had classified information in the emails and once that was discovered, she was ordered to turn over the computers/files. My understanding is that she did so. I know there are claims (I won't pretend to know the validity of them) that some files were erased, but if so, they were still rendered unable to be recovered by others. Donald Trump has classified information in his boxes of stuff, and once that was discovered, he was order to secure the boxes and turn them over. It appears from the actions and allegations that I've read, he has failed to do one or both sufficiently. So, both had stuff they shouldn't have had, but their compliance with FBI/DOJ orders after that was found out seems to be different. We'll see if that holds up when more details come out.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
My point is pretty much exactly what my post says. Democrats will talk about the Evils of the Republican party while promenade members of their party have ties to Epstien get accused by multiple people of rape, sabotage their fellow party member during an election and they ignore it like there's nothing wrong happening.

Republicans will root for Trump ( who has also been accused of raping women) and others who are less than moral to put it lightly. While damning whatever Democrat is doing dumbshit this week.

Our political system is broke both parties suck, but the most broken part of our system is the voters, they are dumbasses that allow "their party" to convince them they are good and the other side is bad.

Also as far as the evidence comment I'm pretty sure the start of this talk mentioned how the rich (for both parties) seem to never get held to the fire. Im sure there is more than enough evidence its just gets buried.
Ranked Choice Voting. Vote your conscience first, and you can still vote your fears second.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
This thread is worth a read. Basically, the mishandling of classified documents isn’t something the DOJ would typically prosecute, unless there was evidence those documents were being transferred to a 3rd party. Thus, having the FBI raid a home to retrieve those documents doesn’t make sense at face value, since it wouldn’t lead towards something the DOJ could charge. But the FBI can seize any evidence of other crimes they may find during a raid, assuming its in plain sight.

So it’s possible, even likely, that there’s something more than just the classified documents that’s going on.
It's an old trick that when you don't have the legal authority to go into premises to investigate X, you go into premises to do Y instead, where Y is something that you have the legal authority to do. And then you're in shock horror when you happen to stumble onto evidence on X.

Some might call that a breach in the rule of law.

Once you have found out who's guilty, you can always come up with the crime.

- Old East European proverb

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Look, everyone at Justice/FBI knows perfectly well that what they've just thrown gasoline on a fire.

I think it's a pretty safe to say that they know they would need an *extremely* good reason for doing this. So let's see what happens.

Ranked Choice Voting. If you thought hanging chads were a shit-show, wait until a close election comes down to figuring out what to do when someone doesn't fill out all their allotted choices.
Not filling out all allotted choices is a well covered use case. You are not obligated to make more than one choice, and if your choice doesn't win on the first go-round, it's a no-vote for any subsequent go-round.

Yes, it will take some education. But no, it's not rocket science.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Look, everyone at Justice/FBI knows perfectly well that what they've just thrown gasoline on a fire.
I would be less than perfectly honest if I didn't speak up that as of lately I've been quite worried of how much of that seems to be happening.

Pelosi just felt that now is the best of times to pop in Taiwan for a visit then?

But no, it's not rocket science.
No wonder he didn't get it.

• Haha
Reactions: DaveG and MinJaBen

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

I think it's a pretty safe to say that they know they would need an *extremely* good reason for doing this. So let's see what happens.

Not only that, but Trump hand picked the FBI Director who just executed this warrant. And typically, when the FBI executes a search warrant on your home, they already have enough evidence against you that you're already beyond f***ed, they're just there to tie up all the loose ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad