OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXXVII: A Yellow Fog Descends Over Raleigh (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Yeah thats the problem with Libretarian candidates.

And we've come full circle. Perhaps we can pick a shelter dog to be POTUS. Anyone who doesn't love him would clearly be a communist, and a bad person. And dogs are usually a good judge of character.

Wasn't it Ghandi or someone who said you can judge a society by how they treat their animals? I'd say that's spot on, when you look at Ukraine.
If you're in the Triangle area and you're ready to adopt, I can't recommend this place highly enough:

Saving Grace | Animals for Adoption

Just a fantastic place with dogs wandering all over the place. Have separate puppy areas and rotate the dogs throughout the day. Just love the place and always spread the word.

IMG_2928.JPG

The black one is Stevie Nicks and she's from Saving Grace. Shepherd, Lab, Golden, "super mutt" mix.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I've accompanied one dog's final visit to the vet. She wasn't even mine, but I was a mess like never before or since. It's probably the most reliable psychopath detection test there is.
Sent one over the rainbow bridge seven years ago, soon to send another one over -- she's 16 now. We're spoiling her as best we can until the time comes.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I've accompanied one dog's final visit to the vet. She wasn't even mine, but I was a mess like never before or since. It's probably the most reliable psychopath detection test there is.
Yeah, my first and only time was 11 years ago with my dog, Darwin. That was so hard, but due to his health, the right thing to do. I even sensed forgiveness in the look he gave me when I brought him in to the vet. Very hard to think about. Then I had to go tell my three kids when they came home from school.

Miserable f***ing day.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I've done it with a dog and a cat, both of whom were my wife's before we met. Still puts you through the ringer even if you were only there for part of their life.

The first pet we've gotten together is a dog who just destroyed a way-too-expensive rug on Saturday (edit: we were able to salvage it by putting it in the bedroom and using our bed to hide the spot he destroyed). But he's only 8 months old so I'm hoping he'll lose some of that puppy energy over time.

Last edited:

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
My avatar sums it up for me; it was just me and Jack through the worst years of my life. Whoever coined the phrase "Man's Best Friend" nailed it.
Ditto on the avatar thing. My boy Beau grew up with my kids and it was one of the hardest things ever when he passed. However, I'm of the opposite mind when it comes to getting another pupper. They bring so much joy and display so much unconditional love, I find it harder to live without that than to face the inevitable rainbow bridge moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad