OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXXIX, Yeah, I get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I mentioned this in the other thread. I was awkward as he was standing there both glancing over at the camera and then looking into the crowd. At the very end though, I realized he was looking for someone in the stands as guy came down and handed him some sort of paper or something.

He played in Utica for 3 years so even though it's a 3 hour drive, could be he had some friends come to watch him in Buffalo.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

AI Generated Seinfeld episode. One long one, that goes on forever. It’s…an experience.

The AI doesn’t understand humor, but it occasionally does something funny unintentionally, or creates a Seinfeld joke that actually could work. Like "Kakler" trying to plan a vacation with "Fred" around rainy weather so he doesn't get a sunburn.

Last edited:

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
They should create a section to contain all the people that scream "SHOOT" when the Canes are on the PP. Well, would probably need about 10 sections, but it would be cool to see them all in 1 sections screaming at the same time.
Of course, every stadium has those fans, but I swear when I went to our 2nd round game 2 vs the Islanders the section I was sitting in was the section you describe. Everyone around me was yelling "shoot it" when the Isles were on the PP or even when the D had the puck by the blue line in the O zone. I've been to a lot of games across different stadiums and you'll always hear people screaming "shoot it" but never to that degree. It really did feel like a dedicated section for those fans.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
So! Been away for a bit. did I miss any hockey stuff?

Also, I can definitely recommend a trip to Australia. But I cannot recommend the 14-hour flight from LA (after flying across country too), and Qantas is a disorganized mess.

• Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006

Also, I can definitely recommend a trip to Australia. But I cannot recommend the 14-hour flight from LA (after flying across country too), and Qantas is a disorganized mess.

Yeah, I used to fly to Japan a couple times a year.

RDU - DFW ~ 3 hours
DFW - NRT , 13-14 hours

and once a year to Singapore.

RDU - JFK: 1.5 hours
JFK - HKG: 16 hour
HKG - SGP: 4 hours

I can't sleep on planes so those long flights (in coach no less) sucked.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville

Where did you go? Back in the late 90's I spent a few days in Sydney and Perth on uncle Sam's dime I could have recommended a few stops if the were still around

Reactions: Bub

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Yeah, I used to fly to Japan a couple times a year.

RDU - DFW ~ 3 hours
DFW - NRT , 13-14 hours

and once a year to Singapore.

RDU - JFK: 1.5 hours
JFK - HKG: 16 hour
HKG - SGP: 4 hours

I can't sleep on planes so those long flights (in coach no less) sucked.

Good god, this would have killed me.

We flew from Portland to Philly, then to LA, then to Melbourne. Got re-routed on the return to Charlotte, then Portland. Actually ran into someone we know at Charlotte (was also returning to Maine).

Where did you go? Back in the late 90's I spent a few days in Sydney and Perth on uncle Sam's dime I could have recommended a few stops if the were still around

Went to Melbourne for the tennis ("tinnis"). Had a great time, but didn't see much of the city as we were so wrapped up in the event. Next time, we'll plan some actual "vacationing."

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006

You should’ve stayed in Australia longer given the cold spell.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
The only flying I'm interested in right now is that of an F-15 Eagle at its operational ceiling before it releases an AMRAAM missile at this goddamned balloon.

Since POTUS is clearly so lunched that he can't take care of this himself, one of these Governors of states that it is overflying, instead of getting on the news and bitching, needs to mobilize to state active duty an Air National Guard fighter wing and order them to shoot. I'm looking at you, Montana. Although its too late and over us now.

Reactions: Borsig

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
This is what I heard as well.
There's an article somewhere from a defense analyst that talks about the challenges of bringing down a balloon at 90k altitude. Since it's not a big metal thing and it's well above flight ceilings, all the usual methods aren't effective, and the methods that are have serious risks for ground effects. Besides, the info a balloon can gather at 90k isn't that much more revealing than data that's already being gathered by satellites, and China already has plenty trained on us.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
There's an article somewhere from a defense analyst that talks about the challenges of bringing down a balloon at 90k altitude. Since it's not a big metal thing and it's well above flight ceilings, all the usual methods aren't effective, and the methods that are have serious risks for ground effects. Besides, the info a balloon can gather at 90k isn't that much more revealing than data that's already being gathered by satellites, and China already has plenty trained on us.
So are you suggesting this might just be a trial balloon?

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I heard one defense analyst also point out that we're flying surveillance equipment over territory that we deem to be international but that China might deem to be theirs, so that shooting this one down might kick off a chain of events that end up being a net negative for the U.S. I personally don't know how much stock to put in that, just putting the point out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeynjune
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad